economic collapse signs?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

economic collapse signs?

This is a discussion on economic collapse signs? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; What are the signs to look out for when the economy goes down the crapper?...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: economic collapse signs?

economic collapse signs?

What are the signs to look out for when the economy goes down the crapper?

Banned

Folks with lots of money and there's nothing to buy.

Banks have a "glitch" on a Friday and never open again. The weekend close is to give military 48 hours to move in.

Lots of companies and banks start having "glitches" lots trying to cover it up and go one more day to steal what they can.

For open and Venezuela cheap oil a sign, but for us it's other countries using something besides the dollar.

People selling off stock, like the Malaysian airlines boss did the day before the last plane trick.
    Woman president, black president, gay president

Other money being traded here in our stores regularly

I am trying to think? They give no sign because they're screwing each other and one day the ball gets dropped.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

When you elect and re-elect an ultra liberal who wants to fundamentally change America but cannot prove who he is or where he was born and has amassed $7 trillion in new debt with no plan to pay it all off.
    Sorry, I could not resist.
    Diver, oldgrouch, BagLady and 5 others like this.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

If you hear any talk of moving the global reserve currency off of the dollar in the media (that would be the precursor in my opinion). After that you would see commodities prices shoot through the roof. Hard assets like gold, art, real estate, oil, etc would rise exponentially. Another signal would be moving the US to a world currency. Either way it won't be good.
    BagLady and survival like this.

In My humble Opinion we are heading there quickly... I wonder what sign will signal me to go take that last trip to the supermarket/ammo store/gas station...

I have escalated my food gathering as of late, because I really think it will happen the later part of 2015... I know I know, there are a few folks on here that can not stand it if they think somebody is picking a date... I am not really picking a date - more of picking a season?

I do not think the US Economy can stand another 911... If we have an attack here by muslims that SHOCKS the senses...I think we will see businesses fail, unemployment rise, welfare over whelm the system...

For me - if there is an attack.. I will quickly look at what we have and what we need and get it done within 12 hours...

It is hard to figure out an exact moment to pinpoint when you are experiencing it. Can you point to an "AHA!" moment from the 2007 collapse? I sure can't remember one EXACT thing that signaled doom. It is done that way by design, they don't want a mass exodus from the banks or stock markets. Your best bet is to keep a few thousand in your house, along with some PM's and all of the regulars food, water, ammo, shelter. You will be on step 5 while the masses are still saying "Oh my god how did this happen, what should we do?".

Retired Moderator

Someone once said in another thread 'start to worry when no one is posting on here, because they are all getting the last minute things done'.
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

Quote Originally Posted by ghostman View Post
    What are the signs to look out for when the economy goes down the crapper?
    If the Cubs are still in the race on July 4, the end is neigh.

The pot will boil for a while before the frig is cooked. The water is warm now, but hardly boiling.

Inflationary collapse watch prices increase faster and faster. In particular oil and gasoline, to a lessor extent metals, and consumer goods. Inflation may also accompany a higher interest rate setting, higher unemployment, and some product shortages. Stocks and markets in general will collpase slowly calling it a bear market.

Deflation (depression) a continual rising dollar compared to other currencies. PMs, oil and even real estate decline. Consumables would be the last to decline but they can. Interest rates remain low but people prefer hoarding dollars to investing, stocks slide as people want / need cash. Creditors call in loans and make fewer loans. Higher unemployment follows slow growth. Wages decline.
    survival likes this.
    This place has become more disturbing then SHTF.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links