How much is too much too fast?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on How much is too much too fast? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; So I was online looking at some Level 2 body armor today and I had a thought.... I recently bought a few guns and ammo ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: How much is too much too fast?

So I was online looking at some Level 2 body armor today and I had a thought.... I recently bought a few guns and ammo for prepping purposes and wondered if there is some sort of flag that would be raised by buying a ton of prepper gear in a short period of time. It would seem to me that there could be an appearance of someone lacing up to do some bad stuff. What do you guys think?

TG

Try buying from different stores, use cash.
    1skrewsloose likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    Try buying from different stores, use cash.
    Easier said than done in my State. There aren't many places to obtain things of that nature here. You are more or less relegated to online purchasing where cash isn't an option. You can buy guns and ammo here with cash but new state laws require a CCW and universal background check to purchase guns and ammo.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I think you are spot on. In todays world I would not put it past the UPS brown truck driver dropping a dime on you. You don't have to do anything wrong to get into hot water.
    Another thing with prepping is you can not let it ruin what life you do have. Prepping for a world that just keeps limping along is just as important as prepping for a total SHTF day. To much to fast can create a personal SHTF. Good luck with your plans sounds like you are using your head.
    pheniox17, rjd25 and 3forus like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Many years ago when I bought my first 1000 round order of ammo, I realized I was probably on a list somewhere with the feds. All we can hope for is that we law abiding free citizens are too many for "them" to hassle.

If you are worried about body armour, you may want to re-think your defense. I want no one that close to me that I need that, we hope that we are not in combat for pete's sake. Just trying to move on. May be you see something that needs to be addressed.If you are a city dweller, then, I see your need.
    Smitty901, pheniox17 and slewfoot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose View Post
    If you are worried about body armour, you may want to re-think your defense. I want no one that close to me that I need that, we hope that we are not in combat for pete's sake. Just trying to move on. May be you see something that needs to be addressed.If you are a city dweller, then, I see your need.
    I figured it was a good investment for around a hundred bucks. No matter how much prepping you do I can see a point where you would be forced to go out and scavenge for supplies or defend from people trying to take what you have stored. It would give you a small but important edge.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but UPS guy showed up in a U-Haul to give me my package. Be the grey man. Slow but sure wins the race. No real need to be too aggressive.
    Bide your time. jmho!
    3forus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose View Post
    Not to hi-jack the thread, but UPS guy showed up in a U-Haul to give me my package. Be the grey man. Slow but sure wins the race. No real need to be too aggressive.
    Bide your time. jmho!
    They do that from time to time when their trucks break down. This time of year especially... they can't afford to not make deliveries or have a broken truck stop them from getting people their packages on time. PeaPods from Stop and Shop does the same thing.

When it comes to prepping, any aspect of prepping...the less they know the better...JM2C
    3forus likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links