Apparently TS is literally about to HTF. LOL.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Apparently TS is literally about to HTF. LOL. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Thank heavens I use cloth! Uh-Oh. Diaper Shortage Possible After Plant Explosion - ABC News...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By preppermama
  • 2 Post By Watercanlady
  • 1 Post By preppermama

Thread: Apparently TS is literally about to HTF. LOL.

survival and WVTactics like this.

Good barter item to stock..... Cloth diapers, rubber pants, diaper pins...
    preppermama and survival like this.

You are totally right! Actually I have ones I've used for months then traded to another mom for stuff, they've retained 90% of their original value. It's a great barter item.

Of course this prepper mama knows how to make/fold a diaper out of a T-shirt or any other cotton type material too. It's a great skill to have.
    survival likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Reading some of the comments on that page made me cringe! "No thanks to cloth" wrote one person... then they went on to say "I don't have diaper service where I live". OMG!!! I cannot comprehend what I'm reading from people! My grandmother just rolled over and did a push up in her grave!

I really did try to be the cloth diaper educator in my community, but there are so many ignorant, lazy people out there. I had one lady carry on for 20 minutes about how gross cloth diapers are.

Really, the disposable diaper industry has done a great job brainwashing people to think like this woman and a lot of the major retailers are in on the game too. They make big bucks off disposable diapers. That's why most of them don't sell high quality cloth diaper supplies at the store, just the low end Gerber prefolds and rubber pants that leak all over the place. They want people to think cloth diapers dont work.

In case there are any cloth-diaper-curious preppers reading this thread, here's my favorite cloth diaper system and these will work great for you now or in a SHTF situation:

Green Mountain Unbleached Cotton Prefolds under Grovia or Econobum covers. Always buy the snap covers as the aplix (velcro) ones wear out more quickly. I've washed my diapers in ECOS soap with great results. It is sold at most WalMart stores.

Green Mountain Diapers: Prefold Diapers
    Econobum One-Size Cloth Diaper Cover - Diaper Covers - Cotton Babies Cloth Diaper Store
    GroVia Shell - Diaper Covers - Cotton Babies Cloth Diaper Store
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/ECOS-LAUND...CLEAR/14869070
    Last edited by preppermama; 10-02-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Sponsored Links