just a thought. - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

just a thought.

This is a discussion on just a thought. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I'd like to amplify that: require all political and religious rants to be in there. That would preserve 1st ammenment and keep threads in the ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: just a thought.

I'd like to amplify that: require all political and religious rants to be in there. That would preserve 1st ammenment and keep threads in the same patch of woods. It turns me off to do a 'new post' search and 2/3 of them have little to do with prepping.

I don't mind having a Velvet Camo room to kick back in if it will bring the board back to topic. Maybe even keep posts from showing up in searches run outside, too.
    TG and Denton like this.
    I wouldn't want to be part of any organization that would allow me to be a member.

In Memorium
    Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Over the last year, there have been several teenagers that have joined, to learn about prepping. I would hate for them to read some of the content that has been showing up. I don't care if people think I'm a prude. I don't like to read cursing. If you have an opinion, you really don't need to use those words. I don't care for raunchy humor either. If there was a place that those who do could cut loose without the younguns seeing it, that would be good. I've been turned off by a few of the posts on here. I just want to learn. I like when humor is used, but there is a line. Just my opinion. There is a lot of info here. I'll just hunt up what I need to know and leave the rest.
    Denton, TG, survival and 2 others like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    Over the last year, there have been several teenagers that have joined, to learn about prepping. I would hate for them to read some of the content that has been showing up. I don't care if people think I'm a prude. I don't like to read cursing. If you have an opinion, you really don't need to use those words. I don't care for raunchy humor either. If there was a place that those who do could cut loose without the younguns seeing it, that would be good. I've been turned off by a few of the posts on here. I just want to learn. I like when humor is used, but there is a line. Just my opinion. There is a lot of info here. I'll just hunt up what I need to know and leave the rest.
    Well said, lady!
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Thanks, Denton. I have learned so much on this site. I hate for it to have a bad name, or newbies seeing misleading posts. There is so much this site offers, including comraderie. (Think the Great Prepper Gathering 2014). I'd hate for that atmosphere to disappear.
    Denton and TG like this.

I am new here and my opinion may not hold much weight if any.... I have to say though from a newcomer's perspective I ignore much of what doesn't seem to be about prepping. When I do a new post search and I see a 15 page thread that has already been locked I assume there was some nonsense going on and ignore that thread for the most part. It would be nice to clean up the forum so that you can more easily see pertinent information quickly without being inundated with useless threads (from a prepping perspective that is). My question is, will the solution being discussed help to accomplish that? If there is a private section where tomfoolery (i love that word) is encouraged wouldn't the posts in there show up on a new posts search? Is is possible to change the new posts search to only include posts in prepping areas and ignore the off-topic area?

By the way, this is my 100th post! Do I get a prize?
    survival, TG and BagLady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntingHawk View Post
    With all the personal attacks, name calling, & obscenity why would anyone consider joining the forum?
    Right right..this is surely a place for non liberals. Good point.

Ok..what is being alleged here exactly? Thanks.

Super Moderator

Flaming is bad business for a board and will subject those with matches and gas cans to time-outs in the penalty box.

Well, that is my allegation, anyway.

Where were we? Is this the local chapter of Insomniacs Anon?
    BagLady likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

You too, eh?
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links