just a thought. - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

just a thought.

This is a discussion on just a thought. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; With all the personal attacks, name calling, & obscenity why would anyone consider joining the forum?...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: just a thought.

Senior Member R.I.P.

With all the personal attacks, name calling, & obscenity why would anyone consider joining the forum?

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by HuntingHawk View Post
    With all the personal attacks, name calling, & obscenity why would anyone consider joining the forum?
    Exactly. And that is what we are trying to get a handle on here. None of the admins or mods wants to be heavy handed, but there are/were some people who try to see what they can get away with.
    I am a husband, father, and grandfather. I am not a prude or a saint, but some of the language here I would not want my loved ones (or anybody else) to see.
    This forum should be family friendly, G-rated, in my own personal opinion.

As Denton mentioned above, talks have been going on about having a section for members only that would be hidden from public view and would require conscious effort to enter.
    Diver, TG and Denton like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntingHawk View Post
    I agree, things were getting pretty far out there. There was a lot of stuff on here that I wouldn't want to expose my daughters to and so I haven't been mentioning much to them of this site. Some folks use the internet to be a horses patootie just because they can and, if they did it on the street the way they've been here they likely would be missing a few teeth. Just my opinion. I've have been considering whether I wanted to stick around or not also.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Current events in the news trends of our government play a big roll in our preps. They effect timing and routes we choose to go in. While many of us prep more for natural disasters we can not hide from social unrest. Often what is going on is hidden from many. Balance is needed in all things but locking out conversation of current events in our Government is sure to haunt us all.
    Diver, TG and Denton like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Exactly. And that is what we are trying to get a handle on here. None of the admins or mods wants to be heavy handed, but there are/were some people who try to see what they can get away with.
    I am a husband, father, and grandfather. I am not a prude or a saint, but some of the language here I would not want my loved ones (or anybody else) to see.
    This forum should be family friendly, G-rated, in my own personal opinion.

As Denton mentioned above, talks have been going on about having a section for members only that would be hidden from public view and would require conscious effort to enter.
    Given the names on my Ignore list, I would say "are" not "were".

Quote Originally Posted by Boss Dog View Post
    I agree, things were getting pretty far out there. There was a lot of stuff on here that I wouldn't want to expose my daughters to and so I haven't been mentioning much to them of this site. Some folks use the internet to be a horses patootie just because they can and, if they did it on the street the way they've been here they likely would be missing a few teeth. Just my opinion. I've have been considering whether I wanted to stick around or not also.
    Same comment.
    Last edited by Diver; 12-19-2014 at 08:14 AM.
    Denton likes this.

All Troll posts should be moved to this "hidden" forum, and be available for Roasting.
    survival, Denton and BagLady like this.

I think we've all been known to get off topic from time to time. Even though this is a preppering site, it's good rattle on about something else once in a while, even post some music videos, and have some lite hearted posts.
    Whenever I come to this site, I scan down the topics and open the ones I want to read, I have no trouble skipping over the ones that don't interest me. If the admins want to make another room, thats fine, if it stays the way it is, well thats fine with me too. Wow, took me a lot of words not to say anything didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    The Velvet Room! I believe we have a winner for the name!
    How about the Camo room. Would certainly make it "hidden" with a name like that.
    Denton likes this.

I dont know what went on in the last few days and Im at a point after what happened over at the Marlin Owners forum that I am going to not care, but there were at least 3 people that are now gone that I liked very much and I will miss seeing them post.

As far as why threads get off topic is just human nature, I have been a member on at least 12 forums over the years and have never once seen a thread stay on topic... I like to see threads take on a life of their own... its like real life, If you talk to your wife or husband about 1 topic you would get bored very quickly with talking to them.

Just my .02
    Deebo, TG, BagLady and 1 others like this.
    Hidden Content

Lord, make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who seek to destroy me, grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine, let not my last thought be - 'If I only had my gun'- and Lord if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in a pile of warm brass,
    Amen

Like I said, I could go anywhere. I have what I consider friends here. I'll be here, I'll be at the other place. I can do both. If anybody wants my opinion, just ask, becouse Deebo is Deebo.
    If I could download a song, I would.
    Hurt by Kermit The Frog.
    Hint, hint, this Muppet style video will freak you out, but the lyrics will keep you watching.
    Denton, could you derail this thread, and put it up for me?
    Denton likes this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links