Another Blow to the Fourth Amendment - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Another Blow to the Fourth Amendment

This is a discussion on Another Blow to the Fourth Amendment within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by csi-tech Yes................ I suspect you won't be the only LEO in America that still respects the Constitution as written. There is supposed ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Another Blow to the Fourth Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    Yes................
    I suspect you won't be the only LEO in America that still respects the Constitution as written. There is supposed to be another one somewhere in Montana.

Seriously, I will be curious to know how the rest of your department reacts to both the bulletin itself and to your position on the matter.

the search was consensual

Quote Originally Posted by alterego View Post
    the search was consensual
    Have you heard about the case in Saratoga Springs, NY? I don't agree that anything that happens at a roadside stop is consensual. Was this consensual, or was the guy threatened in any way? Was it consensual or did the police simply claim it was consensual? Is there dash cam video of the guy agreeing?

Unless there was a warrant, I question why there was a request for a search. It smells fishy to me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

a bad stop should cause evidence to be throw out...

I think though..that there is a NC code that states that lamps/lights must be in good repair... I will look for it later....

I am not a fan of the website which the article is from

Banned

I looked yesterday and couldn't find it. We have one here in the commonwealth called defective equipment. If you have equipment not required by the state such as brake lights, if it's on your vehicle and your driving it it must work. Example fog lights (not required by va stature) if off no harm no foul. However turn them on and one doesn't light up and you can be charged with defective equipment. Most cops here would see that as a chickenshit charge, but .....

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    a bad stop should cause evidence to be throw out...

I think though..that there is a NC code that states that lamps/lights must be in good repair... I will look for it later....

I am not a fan of the website which the article is from
    So ticket him for a tail lamp being out. No need for a search.

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    The Supreme Court decision that you opened with does not surprise me. We did not become a nation with 60,000 SWAT raids a year by respecting the 4th Amendment.

The article on the SWAT raid on Chadwick is just one of more than 10,000 such stories per year. Most SWAT raids today are searches (no 4th amendment) based on nothing more than an anonymous tip. 30% turn up nothing and wind up not warranting arrest, but that doesn't prevent the cops from abusing whoever is at home.

People seem to think the protests going on at this point have something to do with Michael Brown or Eric Garner or race in general. They are really missing the point.

The entire Bill of Rights has been abandoned and without it folks are fighting for the restoration of their historic rights.
    When John Q. Police chief spends the money to stand up, train, and equip a SWAT Team he will want to play with his new toy as often as he can.
    Diver likes this.
    "In alcohol's defense, I've done some pretty dumb shit while completely sober too"!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links