Another Blow to the Fourth Amendment - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Another Blow to the Fourth Amendment

This is a discussion on Another Blow to the Fourth Amendment within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Murphy Ordinary citizens cannot claim ignorance of the law as a defense, Why do police get to Because we live in a ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Another Blow to the Fourth Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Ordinary citizens cannot claim ignorance of the law as a defense, Why do police get to
    Because we live in a police state, silly.
    Diver, oddapple and Michael_Js like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Salt-N-Pepper View Post
    Because we live in a police state, silly.
    no offense S-n-P but I don't think you'd know a true police state if you saw one.

The Supreme Court decision that you opened with does not surprise me. We did not become a nation with 60,000 SWAT raids a year by respecting the 4th Amendment.

The article on the SWAT raid on Chadwick is just one of more than 10,000 such stories per year. Most SWAT raids today are searches (no 4th amendment) based on nothing more than an anonymous tip. 30% turn up nothing and wind up not warranting arrest, but that doesn't prevent the cops from abusing whoever is at home.

People seem to think the protests going on at this point have something to do with Michael Brown or Eric Garner or race in general. They are really missing the point.

The entire Bill of Rights has been abandoned and without it folks are fighting for the restoration of their historic rights.
    oddapple and Michael_Js like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I stopped caring about LEO's when my Brother and sister in law got their door kicked in at 4:30am, he was in showering and she was in bed pregnant. They pulled him out of the shower and threw him on the ground, beat him while cuffed while screaming at him "Where are the drugs". My brother in law was almost deaf from childhood so he couldnt make out what they were saying. My sister in law was yanked from the bed by her hair and thrown to the ground face first (even though she was pregnant and showing) the combination of the abuse and mental anguish made her loose her baby by miscarriage. It took the cops 4 hours to realize that they were at the wrong house! No lawyer back then would take on the police so my inlaws couldnt get justice for the miscarriage.

I know that there are good cops out there in other places but not around where I live.... Cops in Oxnard have been linked to some kind of secrete club that they like to get a skull and crossbones tatoo'ed on them for every person they kill in the line of duty... One of the main reasons I am leaving southern California as soon as I can get out.

Let me say that there are cops on this forum and other forums that I am on that are some of the nicest people I have interacted with on the net (CSI for instance is a good one)
    but when I went onto Calguns into the LEO section where it says to ask a cop questions and all I saw was a gang mentality where they would jump on people for asking a good question, one guy was threatening another saying he would use his LEO status to find the other guy and come after him.

Maybe its a Calif thing because when I was back in Maine (my uncle was a deputy sheriff ) they were the nicest people I met

all right, rant over... now back to our normal programing
    Hidden Content

Lord, make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who seek to destroy me, grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine, let not my last thought be - 'If I only had my gun'- and Lord if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in a pile of warm brass,
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I stopped caring about LEO's when my Brother and sister in law got their door kicked in at 4:30am, he was in showering and she was in bed pregnant. They pulled him out of the shower and threw him on the ground, beat him while cuffed while screaming at him "Where are the drugs". My brother in law was almost deaf from childhood so he couldnt make out what they were saying. My sister in law was yanked from the bed by her hair and thrown to the ground face first (even though she was pregnant and showing) the combination of the abuse and mental anguish made her loose her baby by miscarriage. It took the cops 4 hours to realize that they were at the wrong house! No lawyer back then would take on the police so my inlaws couldnt get justice for the miscarriage.

I know that there are good cops out there in other places but not around where I live.... Cops in Oxnard have been linked to some kind of secrete club that they like to get a skull and crossbones tatoo'ed on them for every person they kill in the line of duty... One of the main reasons I am leaving southern California as soon as I can get out.

Let me say that there are cops on this forum and other forums that I am on that are some of the nicest people I have interacted with on the net (CSI for instance is a good one)
    but when I went onto Calguns into the LEO section where it says to ask a cop questions and all I saw was a gang mentality where they would jump on people for asking a good question, one guy was threatening another saying he would use his LEO status to find the other guy and come after him.

Maybe its a Calif thing because when I was back in Maine (my uncle was a deputy sheriff ) they were the nicest people I met

all right, rant over... now back to our normal programing
    Trust me. It isn't a California thing. I posted this before. You might want to make sure they know about the raid on your family. I suspect this map is less than complete.

Botched Paramilitary Police Raids | Cato Institute
    oddapple likes this.

Any action taken as the result of an illegal traffic stop is unlawful. If you conduct a search and seize evidence it will be suppressed as fruits of the poisonous tree. Any force used pursuant to an illegal stop is, by extension also illegal and may even be considered criminal in nature. A Police Officer must have at least reasonable suspicion to initiate a traffic stop. Reasonable suspicion is defined as: more than an "inchoate and unparticularized suspicion or 'hunch'" it must be based on "specific and articulable facts", "taken together with rational inferences from those facts"and the suspicion must be associated with the specific individual. This is the standard I use. I would never consider anything stemming from an illegal stop as anything other than illegal.

If this is true, when I see the bulletin I will simply disregard it.
    BagLady, oddapple and Doc Holliday like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    Any action taken as the result of an illegal traffic stop is unlawful. If you conduct a search and seize evidence it will be suppressed as fruits of the poisonous tree. Any force used pursuant to an illegal stop is, by extension also illegal and may even be considered criminal in nature. A Police Officer must have at least reasonable suspicion to initiate a traffic stop. Reasonable suspicion is defined as: more than an "inchoate and unparticularized suspicion or 'hunch'" it must be based on "specific and articulable facts", "taken together with rational inferences from those facts"and the suspicion must be associated with the specific individual. This is the standard I use. I would never consider anything stemming from an illegal stop as anything other than illegal.

If this is true, when I see the bulletin I will simply disregard it.
    By your last line you mean the Supreme Court decision?

Yes................
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

I wonder how the search being voluntary effected the ruling. I have a feeling that is why Roberts said what he did. If the guy consented to the search then he had no grounds, and fruit of the poisonous tree do not apply.

But how many cops are going to interpret the meaning that it applies to all stops and searches.
    oddapple likes this.

I was told once that I was stopped because I was swerving in my lane. I asked if I left my lane at any time and the cop said no.... no drinking or drugging involved - he just wanted to check me out. Now that I am older I don't get stopped like that but I still use most of my lane in negotiating the roads.

oddapple and Maine-Marine like this.
    Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can.
    Samuel Adams

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links