Pets? - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Pets?

This is a discussion on Pets? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I realize some people view their pets as kids and this post may come across as insensitive for which I apologize. I have always viewed ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Pets?

I realize some people view their pets as kids and this post may come across as insensitive for which I apologize. I have always viewed pets as more of a hinderance if the need ever arose to bug out. They are more mouths to feed, can be unpredictable, throw OPSEC into upheaval, and on and on. I have a no pet rule in my house and thats how I think i'll keep it.
    3forus likes this.

Roaming packs of once domesticated dogs fear no human. This makes them dangerous. It won't be that much of a danger in the country, we know how to deal with such threats...but imagine the big cities. Longrider points out the Detroit feral dog situation is out of control. Don't let that happen in your city.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshinedave View Post
    I believe when you adopt a pet, any pet, you take on the responsibility of caring for him/her. Plans should be made to take them with you, if you are one of the type people that a pet is just a thing, then IMO, you should not be a pet owner in the first place.
    where do you draw the line. Pet fish in a bowl? Parakeet in a cage? Pet rabbit. Goat for your kids 4h participation. Or just your defied dog.

Lack of consistent direction proves that you are operating on emotions.

Animals are not the same as people.

This silly emotionally charged mentality is pervasive and permeates society. It starts in little girls and old women then transmits it self into men with no balls.

the next thing you know the liberals are trying to force taxation to support health insurance for pets.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I have 2 dogs and if I have to bug out they are coming with me. When I sleep they are my guards, both are good hunters and the emotional support will help keep me sane.
    Irish Diplomacy:
    The ability to tell a man to go to hell and have him looking forward to the trip.

I would dispatch any cat that was an indoor cat, they will never make it on their own, it will be kinder for both parties. Dogs I would take unless it was a useless ankle bitter, but some of the little shits will alert you with yapping, but that my give a hindrance to your life, But If SHTF fast, I would only take what I could feed and make sure I could keep

Quote Originally Posted by 3forus View Post
    I would dispatch any cat that was an indoor cat, they will never make it on their own, it will be kinder for both parties. Dogs I would take unless it was a useless ankle bitter, but some of the little shits will alert you with yapping, but that my give a hindrance to your life, But If SHTF fast, I would only take what I could feed and make sure I could keep
    I completely disagree! Cats and pigs go feral so fast that even indoor cats would survive and probably flourish without people. No need to "dispatch."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links