Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

What's your favorite part about prepping?

5K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  whoppo 
#1 ·
What's your favorite part about prepping? For me, its the time spent with my SO. We discuss daily what we've done today, and what we are going to do tomorrow. We also discuss short term and long term goals for our preps. We've been know to get a babysitter for a date night, and spend our dates buying duct tape and MRE's.

SO, what's your favorite part about prepping?

#5 ·
Big props to this one!

Any time we end up with more month at the end of the money, we always have our preps, and we get through just fine.
Just having the safety net is the best part for me.
If it never gets used in a SHTF situation, it's still worth it.

#10 ·
Yep, took a year or so after I started getting interested, but she's caught up quickly :)

First success was during the first Ferguson riots. Most people were doing the mad scramble for bread and eggs, but we just locked the doors and turned on Netflix and the news. Next day people were complaining of being hungry and scared. We were neither.

#12 ·
I'm in the "We need a bigger house. One with more storage. Or everyone can share one bedroom and we can use the extras for storage" phase.

I'm also joining the "Why would you throw that away, I could have used it for something someday!" phase

Reactions: MrsInor
#17 ·
Always around or on a farm
"Prepping" is the word non-farm people use for doing how farmers live.
My favorite part is putting freshly prepared or gathered things up, thinking how good or handy they will be. Especially if another depression. Farmers have not forgotten the last one...

#21 ·
When I went 7 days without power, the ability to cook food, the ability to drive anywhere, the ability to keep warm when it was 6 degrees outside, the ability to do anything about my situation...

I take comfort in knowing none of that will NEVER happen again.

#22 ·
Peace of mind.
If last nights freezing rain knocked out the power, or a storm later this winter does, or we suffer a loss of income, whatever....the house will be warm, we have all the food, water, light, etc. that we need to wait it out.
If, God forbid, the world as we know it changed, we will hopefully be in a better position than most to survive.

#23 ·
We enjoy NOT being among those who freak out everytime a storm heads our way... NOT running to the store and filling shopping carts with a month's worth of supplies for a few days of potential inconvenience... NOT having to repair frozen & split pipes because we didn't have an alternate source of heat... NOT being out of touch with friends an relatives because we didn't have alternate means of communications... NOT feeling insecure in our own home when trouble comes to call... and NOT worrying about what to do, where to go and how to survive in the very unlikely event that we'd have to leave it all behind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.