4473 Forms, How long are they kept?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on 4473 Forms, How long are they kept? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I saw Red Dawn the other day, and after seeing what Biden/Harris want to do to tax us, I was curious how long do they ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 4473 Forms, How long are they kept?

I saw Red Dawn the other day, and after seeing what Biden/Harris want to do to tax us, I was curious how long do they keep the 4473s?
    I am under the impression a FFL has to keep them for 20 years? If I sell, or a they are lost in my boating accident ( remind me to get boat later), what good will they do?
    I am under the impression, via EO/EAs they want to tax us 200 per rifle, and per magazine? How the hell are they going to execute is another topic. But, that would be obsurd.. And just Unconstitutional.
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

They will make possession of the item illegal or tax it, whether it's ammo, gun or magazine. Get caught without the required papers and you are off to reeducation camp or worse.

You can legally sell any gun you purchased and they know that. All the 4473 will tell them is you purchased a weapon. Doesn't matter which or how many you NOW have. It's the fact that you at some point in time bought one. That's already on their computer record, no 4473 needed. So if you ever filled one out at any point it's to late.

Other things are hunting licenses, CCW permits, NRA or other gun related organizations, prior service etc. All these will point them towards you being a firearm owner/threat.
    That which doesn't kill me had better start running.

The Good Cop

Not only are the 4473's kept, but whenever an FFL dealer goes out of buisness, the Bound Books that ALL incoming and outgoing firearms are logged into MUST be turned over to the BATFE.
    Whereas the 4473 just makes note of whether it's a long gun or a handgun, the Bound Book lists the weapon, serial number, who bought it, their address, driver's license number.
    I am sure that at BATFE there are clerks busy computerizing all the Bound Books they have in their possession, so a certain person can be easily found.
    SOCOM42, Slippy, 65mustang and 1 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    ...... Get caught without the required papers and you are off to reeducation camp or worse.
    Silly me, but I have not, to date, received a 4473 for any firearm I purchased from a dealer.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

You don’t receive a copy of the 4473.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    You don’t receive a copy of the 4473.
    Isn't that the subject of the thread?
    65mustang likes this.

No. How long do the gun dealers and government keep the records on file.

The dealers keep 'em till they close up shop. Then Big Brother gets 'em.

But they can easily just waltz right into a dealer's shop, demand to see the records, then use their cell phones to take photos of all of them they care to. And with the new 4473, ALL the info is right on page one.
    Slippy and 65mustang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Silly me, but I have not, to date, received a 4473 for any firearm I purchased from a dealer.
    BPH,

FYI,Chipper is an FFL
    65mustang likes this.

https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download

How many people provide their SS# on Form 4473 Line 16? Not me!

On Lines 18 a and 18b, how many people check all boxes? I do because I really have no clue as to what really makes up my entire lineage...nor do I care!

And get a load of Line 14. NON BINARY? Really?
    65mustang likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links