Mayflower runs in the blood - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Mayflower runs in the blood

This is a discussion on Mayflower runs in the blood within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Smitty901 Just was confirmed today that yes. My 10th great grandfather did come here on the Mayflower. It had long been part ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Mayflower runs in the blood

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Just was confirmed today that yes. My 10th great grandfather did come here on the Mayflower. It had long been part of our history but the research paid off and it is now Fact.
    Seems we have been here awhile. And the routes to the revolutionary war long ago documented .
    I don't have my genealogy in front of me but I know that the earliest direct ancestor (on my dad's side / Jackson name) to have stepped foot on the North American continent arrived in the mid-1600s as an indentured slave. He paid his way out of slavery and became a manufacturer of square nails. According to my mom, he became quite wealthy.

My mom's earliest relative to have arrived was John Carver who became the Governor of the Plymouth Colony. He arrived on the Mayflower in 1620. He had no children of his own but is related to my mom (and myself) through cousins.

We're also related to Andrew Jackson and Stonewall Jackson through cousins.
    stevekozak and Zane like this.
    George Soros is Satan's blood relative.

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    So....you come from a long line of religious-zealot, bigoted, racist, land-grabbing, Indian-killing white supremacists, eh?

I think in today's world, if you announced your information in a 4th grade show & tell, that's what the reaction might be from the teacher.

Congrats on finding out. I'm also interested in genealogy and that's a big deal. The furthest back we have been able to go is early 1700's here in America.
    Yeah ... I'm one of those horrible, bigoted, "racists" as well. And proud of it!

But seriously, we founded the nation where everyone on planet earth fights tooth-and-nail to get to. We're the folks who invented the cars and telephones and computers and agricultural systems and televisions and airplanes (etc., etc., etc.) that all of our "haters" enjoy on a day-to-day basis. I wonder what the hell they're going to do when they wipe us off of the face of the earth? Go back to eating raw cow dung?
    Smitty901 likes this.

John (my last name inserted here) of Birdwell, 1618 in this land, died 1670.. I have data back 10 generations including the frrst known sir name we have into 1500s. He was left at an orphanage in a basket, with a name..
    Revolutionary War, Civil War, WW1 WW2 Vietnam and Gulf 1 and 2 for me..
    My Dad worked years on this, before all the internet crap assisted.
    Most of the family was in VA, nanesmond county( Suffolk now). 1 Grandmother, 9th Gen, buried in Fort James, VA Jamestown?)
    Find a grave is a cool site to see headstones etc.
    ActionJackson likes this.
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    My family waited until you all had cleaned up the mess and then we came over from scotland
    The good Scotts went to Ireland first, taught them how to make whiskey.

Welcome laddie

We;ve known for some time that one of our ancestors was a super trouble maker (A Quaker none the less) and left the Mass Bay Colony not long after Roger W. did. And we've been in Rhode Island and Providence Plantations for just under 400 years
    “If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”

Jeff Cooper

Who do you have from the Revolutionary War? My ancestor has a pretty cool story that we are still trying to piece together but he was an early member of the Society of the Cincinnati which has nothing to do with the city. In fact my ancestor started out with the brits, got caught, and was invited to switch sides. I tend to think he had little choice since he was at sea. He did a great job for the continental navy but caught by the brits. Even then sailboats were slow dang it. The piece of his story we can’t pencil out was how he escaped London and returned home. He never wrote of it. We have found a story of two guards at the prison found dead about a week later he shows up in France, and made it home.

Join us
    https://societyofthecincinnati.org/about/membership

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
    I don't have my genealogy in front of me but I know that the earliest direct ancestor (on my dad's side / Jackson name) to have stepped foot on the North American continent arrived in the mid-1600s as an indentured slave. He paid his way out of slavery and became a manufacturer of square nails. According to my mom, he became quite wealthy.

My mom's earliest relative to have arrived was John Carver who became the Governor of the Plymouth Colony. He arrived on the Mayflower in 1620. He had no children of his own but is related to my mom (and myself) through cousins.

We're also related to Andrew Jackson and Stonewall Jackson through cousins.
    What is your degree of kinship to Michael, Tito, and Janet?
    ActionJackson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    The good Scotts went to Ireland first, taught them how to make whiskey.
    There is some really good evidence that the Irish were making whiskey first. Of course, being drunk, they may have forgotten that.

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    What is your degree of kinship to Michael, Tito, and Janet?
    Their ancestors were such good workers we let them borrow our name. Just kidding.

My mother's side is from John Alden who was a cooper/carpenter aboard the Mayflower. My father had one set of grandparents that were German and spoke broken German, and one set that were Irish. My Aunt has the history of my father's family.

Some descendants of John Alden: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Orson Welles, Dan Quayle, Raquel Welch, Dick Van Dyke, Julia Child, William Cullen Bryant...Marilyn Monroe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links