Public Executions - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Public Executions

This is a discussion on Public Executions within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; The philosopher camus said that "executions carried out furtively at midnight behind high prison walls" were wrong ethically. But camus was a philosopher dependent upon ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Public Executions

The philosopher camus said that "executions carried out furtively at midnight behind high prison walls" were wrong ethically. But camus was a philosopher dependent upon people agreeing to be read.

All I can say is, public executions seem like a great way to get morons who are starving, to stand up and cheer the death of a bread thief. (The fergusons - mindless)

In fact, that's all it ever looks like to me. Royalty smart enough to obscure right and wrong under a cloud of mob homicidal indulgence.
    I do not think it is so good to fill simple eyes with death and judgement unless a "khafka" world is the goal (seems like it is...)

If you steal, you lose a hand. If you murder, you die. If you rape, you get castrated. Plain simple money saving techniques.

All I can say is that there ARE cases where, lawyers to the contrary, there really isn't any reasonable doubt about who did what. In those cases, JUST DO IT. I like the idea of taking their organs. At least that let's them pay society back. Maybe they could sell what's left and give the money to the victim and family.
    I wouldn't want to be part of any organization that would allow me to be a member.

In Memorium
    Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Tough call. For one thing...the liberals would never buy off on it. The libs are the reason the current process is so dicked up now. Do I believe in public executions? Sure. I think it would be a deterrent to younger up and coming criminals to watch a "bad guy" die publicly. The problem as others have mentioned is that our system is flawed. However, there are crimes that are solved solidly. For those crimes that were solved beyond a reasonable doubt, credible eye witnesses, DNA evidence, video proof, etc...absolutely hang em high in public. Even if 10 million people watched, and only 1 child was deterred from committing a crime, then it was worth it.
    MrsInor likes this.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato

Fate whispers to the warrior, You cannot withstand the storm. The warrior replies, I am the storm.

I'm all for it if we can start with the top of the Federal government and work down from there through the supreme court! I'll even pay for the bullets. Head shots only, that's the only way to kill zombies!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Well Slewfoot, I disagree. If you were to bring them back into the public eye and maybe something brutal to where thugs could see what awaits them, You have a deterrent. What you can not do is sit on your hands for 15 years. Everyone convicted of a heinous crime needs to be DNA connected. No if ands or buts. And that is the states burden. When it is beyond a shadow of doubt bring him to the square and chainsaw his ass apart.
    I would agree with you if they brought something brutal as you say at least they know that it is not going to be easy like being put to sleep.
    You build on failure, you use it as a stepping stone.
    Johnny Cash.

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    I don't think that the public should have to foot the bill to feed, clothe, house, give medical care to a murderer. If they are sure enough guilty, hang them. Don't waste the bullet. I am really glad that Saddam Husean got hung. He was scared. Pulled out of a rat-hole and given the punishment that he deserved. Except it was too quick for him. I don't think I'm blood thirsty, but do want justice. Manson has used up way too many tax payer dollars. We know he did it. Put him down like the rabid cockroach he is. And NO TV interviews. I'd like to kick the ass of whoever thought showing Manson on TV was a good idea. Should have had "blood sucker" tattooed on his forehead.

I don't want to necessarily see the execution. But if they need to hire someone to put Manson and his ilk down, I'll apply.

Hell, I'll volunteer at no charge and even supply the bullets!
    MrsInor likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links