Patriot Missles in Texas
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Patriot Missles in Texas

This is a discussion on Patriot Missles in Texas within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; This is kinda weird. Patriot missles set up in small Texas regional airport. No one knows why, not even the airport. Which seems REALLY weird. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Patriot Missles in Texas

Super Moderator

Patriot Missles in Texas

This is kinda weird. Patriot missles set up in small Texas regional airport.

No one knows why, not even the airport. Which seems REALLY weird. Why would airport officials not know the Army was doing this?

"Still, we really can't remember when such a high-profile deployment has occurred at a small civilian airport in the past."

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...rport-in-texas

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Training mission, NOTAMS say taxiway will be closed for a week, that is the key, they can't BS that info in peacetime.

The batteries for real world ops, would be setup along the gulf coastline along with them on the keys.

Hell we took a Cuban costal battery and observation post on some shit little island about 25 miles west of Cuba in 62, they still remain a threat.

Another for ABM's would be Alaska, blocking the polar route.

Look at the old Dew Line air coverage, that still applies today, it was replaced by over the horizon radar, one located on Cape Cod.

Satellites monitor space above OPFOR launch sites watching for the engine plume, sensitive enough to see your fire pit and know what it is.

The wild card is SLBM's three minutes to apogee, not much time.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Training mission, NOTAMS say taxiway will be closed for a week, that is the key, they can't BS that info in peacetime.

The batteries for real world ops, would be setup along the gulf coastline along with them on the keys.

Hell we took a Cuban costal battery and observation post on some shit little island about 25 miles west of Cuba in 62, they still remain a threat.

Another for ABM's would be Alaska, blocking the polar route.

Look at the old Dew Line air coverage, that still applies today, it was replaced by over the horizon radar, one located on Cape Cod.

Satellites monitor space above OPFOR launch sites watching for the engine plume, sensitive enough to see your fire pit and know what it is.

The wild card is SLBM's three minutes to apogee, not much time.
    This made me wonder if they have the capabilities to stop Russia's hyper-sonic missiles?
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I would agree that it is likely a training exercise. They have spent quite a bit of $ improving the Patriot system. I got a solid 3 weeks of witnessing how the original system was not what it was cracked up to be. Doing security on a port in Saudi Arabia while we awaited our M1A's to come in from Germany leading up to Desert Storm. The Patriots mostly hit incoming scuds only to break them up and still allow the war heads to fall to earth and detonate. Thankfully none landed right on top of us. Saddam launched a few Scuds at the port every night for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    This made me wonder if they have the capabilities to stop Russia's hyper-sonic missiles?
    I don't believe that those are intercontinental ballistic missiles, the ones I have seen are not big enough to fill that roll.

More like long range anti shipping missiles.
    inceptor likes this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    That really doesn't matter.
    If Russia launches them at the US, our fleet of ballistic missile subs will retaliate, and the world will be over.

MAD - Mutually Assured Destruction.
    inceptor and Prepared One like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Just finished an 18 month contract on Patriot (PAC-3). If you can imagine it, it is probably already being done (I can not talk about what exactly I did, nor capability).

What I can say, while working for Raytheon Missile Systems in Tucson, the President of the division asked the engineers for new ideas. I gave 4 wildass crazy weapon system ideas. Two of which they had done already but no one ordered it. One they liked but, "Not in their wheelhouse". And one they had me give my concept to a team that was working on something similar.
    Sasquatch likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by gyro_cfi View Post
    Just finished an 18 month contract on Patriot (PAC-3). If you can imagine it, it is probably already being done (I can not talk about what exactly I did, nor capability).

What I can say, while working for Raytheon Missile Systems in Tucson, the President of the division asked the engineers for new ideas. I gave 4 wildass crazy weapon system ideas. Two of which they had done already but no one ordered it. One they liked but, "Not in their wheelhouse". And one they had me give my concept to a team that was working on something similar.
    Please tell me it something to do with strapping Patriot missles to the backs of sharks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    SGG, Piratesailor and Inor like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    That really doesn't matter.
    If Russia launches them at the US, our fleet of ballistic missile subs will retaliate, and the world will be over.

MAD - Mutually Assured Destruction.
    It's not like we were going to shoot down all of there older ICBM's anyways, and we sure as hell ain't shooting hyper-sonic missiles down. It just means WWIII starts a little quicker is all.

I know this airport well. It's a good place for this type of training. You can't see much of it from the freeways or side roads unless your driving in the airport itself. Most won't even know what's going on.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

I live south of Dover Air Force base in DE. It's a cargo plane base...C5A Galaxy
    The last 3 days, there have been low flying and fast moving fighter jets, one at a time, every few hours or so coming in from the Atlantic and heading north. They are moving way too fast to be landing at Dover. They aren't flying supersonic but close. From the time I hear them until they are out of site...maybe 4 seconds.

Just strange because we usually don't get much fighter jet action around here and coming in from the Atlantic ocean.

Dunno.
    Prepared One likes this.
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links