It's begun.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

It's begun.

This is a discussion on It's begun. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Well it's officially begun. Winter is finally here with our first snow fall. Made a stocking run this morning and the salt trucks are out. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: It's begun.

It's begun.

Well it's officially begun. Winter is finally here with our first snow fall. Made a stocking run this morning and the salt trucks are out. Will no longer drive my nice rust free vehicles til spring. Same with the bikes riding season is over, no salt on my bikes. Spent the morning rotating rigs, go bags, checking extra clothing etc.

All you folks that want to move up north remember your looking at about 6 months of this. Wife is complaining and is sick of winter and the cold already. Heck it's not even 20 below yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's begun.-dsc02951.jpg  

Denton, RedLion, Inor and 4 others like this.
    That which doesn't kill me had better start running.

Does it seem like winter came early in your parts this year? Has been colder this year than the last 5 anyways in my area.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Mighty pretty. One of my old pals who hangs out in Noo England survives the winter by hanging out by the fire sipping hot cider and nibbling on ginger cookies. Should work in WI too most likely.
    Slippy and Bigfoot63 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

90's here today.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    We got a dusting of global warming today also......

88º where I am today. Will get to a high of 79º on Saturday. We're lucky if we get 6 weeks of really cold weather here each winter. But I do remember living in Michigan as a child, so I know what you're talking about. On Lake Sinclair, one snow would barely start melting off into slush in the streets before the next snow would begin. It's pretty, and fun as a child, but I wouldn't want to live up north in a SHTF setting. Our situation means much less firewood splitting if we lose power.
    Last edited by Buttoni; 10-20-2020 at 04:34 PM.
    Slippy and inceptor like this.

Not south of you yet. I still have two motorcycles park in the yard.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

A shade under 4" of snow thus far here. I hate when it snows before all the leaves fall of my trees and I am able to get them up. Pain in the arse.
    Piratesailor, AquaHull and SOCOM42 like this.

This is near

THIS MAY SEEM MUNDANE TO THE OLD FOLKS, BUT IT IS WISE ADVICE FOR THE YOUNGSTERS WHO IDENTIFY FLAVORS BY COLORS AND UPC NUMBERS/.

Slippy likes this.
    Bucket-Back since 2004

I don't miss that one bit! The worst was not the snow or even the cold. The worst part about living in Minnesota (beyond the democrats) was the 7 months of gray. From October through April we never saw the sun unless it was -10. I hated the monochrome world.

Today was bright and sunny with a high of about 88.
    Slippy, inceptor and stevekozak like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links