Possible Stock Market Panic Monday, Oct. 19, 2020.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Possible Stock Market Panic Monday, Oct. 19, 2020. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Note From Jim: Recap of Lynnette Zang below. Source: ResetUs.us I am only halfway through her video now; been trying to listen to it for ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: Possible Stock Market Panic Monday, Oct. 19, 2020.

Note From Jim: Recap of Lynnette Zang below. Source: ResetUs.us

I am only halfway through her video now; been trying to listen to it for the past 90 minutes. It is difficult to listen to.

So far I think she is saying that the Federal Reserve forced the LIBOR interest rate to be super low a year ago when the REPO market blew up. So now the LIBOR interest rate is no longer being set by a free market.

Because most financial instruments (including mortgages) are indirectly tied to the LIBOR rate, and Derivatives are issued to protect from changes in interest rates or the valuations of assets, a big change is underway this weekend.

The banks are switching from the fraudulent LIBOR rate to a new free floating rate of interest / valuation.

What To Expect Monday
    : Holders of derivatives or large investors in mortgages may find the valuation of those assets have been drastically reduced in Fair Market Value. Do you remember the movie The Big Short? Over the past ten years a lot of those garbage mortgages were purchased by pensions funds. So those pension funds may take big hits. Also watch for gold and silver to shoot up. Watch for the stock market to go crazy because of margin calls due to drop in portfolio valuations that banks have taken as loan collateral.

Note: This change should not impact most current mortgage payments being made by homeowners.

Last edited by jimcosta; 10-17-2020 at 06:25 PM.
    Our Survival Group Website: Hidden Content

Meh.............
    SGG likes this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Glad all my investments are in pork bellies
    Slippy, Annie and Piratesailor like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I had been debating if I should sell my SVD (ticker SIVB). Just placed the sell order. But I'm still going to hold tight on my other positions.

With the election coming up I've been trying to strengthen my investments a bit against a market downturn. Nothing major, just a bit of profit taking and minor cash building. My portfolio may be small but it's big to me.
    Last edited by Elvis; 10-17-2020 at 07:39 PM.
    Slippy likes this.

All my money is wrapped up in dumb stuff like food, water, ammo, meds....
    Inor, SGG, A Watchman and 3 others like this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Good I will be putting some money in the market. Easy returns. Put your helmets on the sky is falling again.
    Inor, stevekozak and Slippy like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Good I will be putting some money in the market. Easy returns. Put your helmets on the sky is falling again.
    This

Sorry I don’t see the indicators projected by the OP. I projected elites would seek to tank the market ahead of the election because they favor Biden. The Econ data on US Growth is expected late in Oct and should show 30% plus. Media outlets in the US already saying anything under 35% is a failure for Trump. Also with McConnel scheduling a printing press vote this week I’d imagine the markets will enjoy that. When the people only get 1/5th of the stimulus corporate America is very happy.
    Slippy and Prepared One like this.

The Good Cop

Money? What's that?
    Wife and I are Social Security recipients, and I have to still work 25 hours a week at age 72 to make ends meet.
    Thank goodness the mortgage was paid off over a decade ago.
    inceptor, Inor, Denton and 3 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Thank goodness the mortgage was paid off over a decade ago.
    Ours is paid off too, thank goodness.

The Good Cop

If the markets crash, there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.
    Anyone who gets all worked up and stressed out over things they can not control need to repeat this, as often as necessary:
    "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."
    SGG, inceptor, Inor and 2 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links