Possible Stock Market Panic Monday, Oct. 19, 2020. - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Possible Stock Market Panic Monday, Oct. 19, 2020.

This is a discussion on Possible Stock Market Panic Monday, Oct. 19, 2020. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose In the end, you are one of them or you are a peasant. Winning a billion dollar power ball will still ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Possible Stock Market Panic Monday, Oct. 19, 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose View Post
    In the end, you are one of them or you are a peasant. Winning a billion dollar power ball will still mean that you are not one of them.

Maybe I'm taking this wrong, trying to keep up with the neighbor(the uppity ups) or what? It would be a cold day in hell when I would want to be one of "THEM"

Reminds me of the song by whoever...I got friends in low places.
    Never tried to keep up with anyone. I tried to care for my house the best I could. Never looked or care what others did or did not do.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

When I got up this morning, I checked my pockets. I still have the same $1.43 today I had yesterday.
    Denton, A Watchman, Slippy and 1 others like this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    I know the feeling. I'm so poor I can't even pay attention. No, there is little use for me to follow the stock market. I pay attention to the rise and fall of prices plus the availability of products.
    Unless one is a hermit, the stock market affects us all.
    Like you, I really do not pay much attention to it. After all, I have no 401K, no IRA to worry about.
    But, as you noted, the market does affect prices.
    One good way it does, is when the economy falls so do futures prices for oil, which translates to llower prices at the pump.

When people mention "markets" most people naturally think of stocks and bonds.
    But there is another market that mainly gets attention only from farmers, ranchers, and those people that are interested like my wife and I.
    That market is commodities. Cattle, hogs, wheat, corn, soy beans, etc. This is a very important part of our economy.

How many here watch the TV shows, or at least visit the websites of, This Week In Agribusiness, and the US Farm Report?
    www.farmprogress.com/week-agribusiness
    www.agweb.com/usfr

Both shows can be found on RFD-TV. I no longer have satelite, but I do pay $90/year to be able to stream RFD to my laptop.
    www.rfdtv.com/
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Never tried to keep up with anyone. I tried to care for my house the best I could. Never looked or care what others did or did not do.
    Me either. I never developed the strange habit of spending every cent you take in to have fancy furniture and new cars. I always liked to rathole money, and invest it as best I could. Being debt-free is a WAY nicer feeling than a new couch if you ask me. I still have my 1989 beater Chevy S-10 as a daily driver. And I don't cry if some shopping cart runs into it and leaves a new scratch.
    stevekozak, hawgrider and BamaDOC like this.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    Me either. I never developed the strange habit of spending every cent you take in to have fancy furniture and new cars. I always liked to rathole money, and invest it as best I could. Being debt-free is a WAY nicer feeling than a new couch if you ask me. I still have my 1989 beater Chevy S-10 as a daily driver. And I don't cry if some shopping cart runs into it and leaves a new scratch.
    Debt-free is a really comfortable bed to sleep on!!!

I said I would keep you posted on what is happening . . .

Around Wednesday or Thursday I read a great analysis that purported that most of the banks and financial institutions disobeyed the order to switch from the LIBOR rate to the new concocted rate.

The rationale was that they were afraid it would collapse the global financial system entirely; they were afraid to make the change. So they continued with the LIBOR rate knowing it too is now collapsing. The Banksters are trapped as they can no longer continue with the con of LIBOR, they can't fix LIBOR without revealing it was their fraud that killed LIBOR, and the smaller banks feel the new replacement rate for it will be the same con but under a new and improved name. No matter what they do the banks will shoot themselves in the head.

I did not post that article on my ResetUS.us news website because I was unfamiliar with its author and waited for corroboration from a more trusted source. None have stepped forward to date. In going back through hundreds of postings I can no longer locate that original posting.

In my opinion the original posting from midweek smells right.
    Last edited by jimcosta; 10-25-2020 at 08:36 AM.
    Chiefster23 likes this.
    Our Survival Group Website: Hidden Content

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links