Possible Stock Market Panic Monday, Oct. 19, 2020. - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Possible Stock Market Panic Monday, Oct. 19, 2020.

This is a discussion on Possible Stock Market Panic Monday, Oct. 19, 2020. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I dabble in metals... but mainly to grow them, not for profit (til eventually cash out) initial investment was when gold was @ 1300 and ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Possible Stock Market Panic Monday, Oct. 19, 2020.

I dabble in metals... but mainly to grow them, not for profit (til eventually cash out) initial investment was when gold was @ 1300 and silver was at 21... bought more gold @ 1122 and silver @ 14.50.. then noticed the gap between gold-silver price. flipped some 1122 gold @ 1587 and turned it into silver @ 17.50... and now sitting on some cash because I sold about 1/3 of my gold @ 2069 and a dash of silver @ 28.90..... now since playing with their money... waiting for gold to drop down to around 1850 and then buy back exactly what I sold and then have a few k to grow my holdings....
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Michael Snyder writes the economic Collapse Blog and he is constantly preaching the same thing, doom and gloom. Every day it’s the same song....... the sky is falling! The end is near! It’s all going to crash down! I’m sure it will all crash down sooner or later. Common sense dictates that the present system is unsustainable. But Mr. Snyder (and these precious metal sellers) have been telling me the end is near every day for years. I’m still waiting...............
    Oh, it’s coming, and what I make playing the markets won’t help me in the least. I think what is coming will destroy everything. I still like playing the markets.
    Got smoked about ten years ago and was too dejected to play until this past January. Back at it, again. Having fun, even when I have a bad day or week. Still, I don’t think it means anything. In the end, you are one of them or you are a peasant. Winning a billion dollar power ball will still mean that you are not one of them.
    Chiefster23 and Inor like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

The Good Cop

I'm just as broke today as I was yesterday.

My riches do not have stock symbols or dollar signs.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I'm just as broke today as I was yesterday.

My riches do not have stock symbols or dollar signs.
    I know the feeling. I'm so poor I can't even pay attention. No, there is little use for me to follow the stock market. I pay attention to the rise and fall of prices plus the availability of products.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    I know the feeling. I'm so poor I can't even pay attention. No, there is little use for me to follow the stock market. I pay attention to the rise and fall of prices plus the availability of products.
    Yet, this thread is about....

We all have skin in the game of life. In the markets, why is it that those who have no skin in in the game feel they need to opine?
    inceptor likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

In the end, you are one of them or you are a peasant. Winning a billion dollar power ball will still mean that you are not one of them.

Maybe I'm taking this wrong, trying to keep up with the neighbor(the uppity ups) or what? It would be a cold day in hell when I would want to be one of "THEM"

Reminds me of the song by whoever...I got friends in low places.
    Slippy likes this.
    I will not comply! Just leave me be! I do what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post

We all have skin in the game of life. In the markets, why is it that those who have no skin in in the game feel they need to opine?
    They have skin in the game. It's just not up on the front line. Not everyone who was in line at the local soup kitchen 90 years ago was a millionaire 100 years ago.
    stevekozak and Denton like this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post

Oh, we all have skin in the game in one form or another. My retirement pension from the State of Texas is most likely based on stocks. I know my wife's teachers retirement is.

I've played the market from time to time. Mostly penny stocks and I've won more than I've lost there so I'm good with that.

My next door neighbor was a day trader before he died. I don't think he did very well. I've seen too many people lose doing that and I'm not much of a gambler.
    stevekozak and Denton like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ND_ponyexpress_ View Post
    I dabble in metals... but mainly to grow them, not for profit (til eventually cash out) initial investment was when gold was @ 1300 and silver was at 21... bought more gold @ 1122 and silver @ 14.50.. then noticed the gap between gold-silver price. flipped some 1122 gold @ 1587 and turned it into silver @ 17.50... and now sitting on some cash because I sold about 1/3 of my gold @ 2069 and a dash of silver @ 28.90..... now since playing with their money... waiting for gold to drop down to around 1850 and then buy back exactly what I sold and then have a few k to grow my holdings....
    The gold to silver ratio has seemed an absurdity compared to the historical average of 1:15 per ounce. At 1:65 or higher it is a bargain if and when that ratio closes again. Seems odd too. Some say the silver market has been highly manipulated to keep the price down, as it is utilized more and more in so many industrial applications. There is apparently 100 PAPER ounces flooding the market for every actual ounce of real silver... via financial instruments, stock, futures, etc... Gives the appearance of an abundance of silver. I have read reports from silver mine owners who feel this is exactly the case, and have considered simply stopping production until the price gains what they feel is a fair market increase and adjustment. All the real easy silver is gone, and only about 850,000 ounces are produced globally every years... most of which is spoken for by industry before it even leaves the ground. Much of it is being consumed and is unrecoverable. Seems like the industrial demand keeps going up and up, the supply becoming smaller, yet the price stays low. Hmmm. I'm hanging on to mine.
    Slippy, Denton and Inor like this.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

I still have every ounce of PM I ever bought. I don’t trade or speculate with it. It’s there only for very dire circumstances. If absolutely everything else goes down the tubes, I figure I can pay property taxes with it so that I will hopefully never lose my home.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links