Food Shortage & Rising Food Prices
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Food Shortage & Rising Food Prices within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Lots of articles lately about coming food shortages and rising prices https://www.cbsnews.com/news/food-sh...arcity-rising/ https://www.npr.org/2020/08/04/89780...g-of-shortages https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...more-shortages What do you see in your area...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: Food Shortage & Rising Food Prices

Denton, stowlin and BamaDOC like this.
    Be a Berean

rice and beans on the list.

Bear got in my peaches, He's going down.

Well, a family pack of 6 chicken breasts has gone from $20 to $30 a pack. Fresh fruits and vegetable are up by $1 a pound and fresh is a very loose term because they are not always restocked quickly. Since they closed down the NBA there has been a food panic and I am not immune. This pandemic has made me keenly aware of just how precarious our food situation is. I don't know a lot about the economics of food production or lack of it. I think I understand but am appalled that ranchers were slaughtering their animals and farmers were destroying crops when there whole shelves were empty of food at our grocery store. The few companies that produce/package the meat and veggies were affected by workers getting sick right? I wonder as this pandemic goes on, gets worse this fall/winter when the flu comes, what should I expect at the grocery store? Higher prices or just no food? What do you think?
    BamaDOC and inceptor like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by lindamams View Post
    Well, a family pack of 6 chicken breasts has gone from $20 to $30 a pack. Fresh fruits and vegetable are up by $1 a pound and fresh is a very loose term because they are not always restocked quickly. Since they closed down the NBA there has been a food panic and I am not immune. This pandemic has made me keenly aware of just how precarious our food situation is. I don't know a lot about the economics of food production or lack of it. I think I understand but am appalled that ranchers were slaughtering their animals and farmers were destroying crops when there whole shelves were empty of food at our grocery store. The few companies that produce/package the meat and veggies were affected by workers getting sick right? I wonder as this pandemic goes on, gets worse this fall/winter when the flu comes, what should I expect at the grocery store? Higher prices or just no food? What do you think?
    Chicken breast here is 1.69 a lb. Thighs and leg .69 cent a lbs
    I'm thinking Calif is ripping you off. U-haul trucks are available for moving furnature.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lindamams View Post
    ranchers had to cull their herds because nobody was buying their product. They cannot feed them and were selling them at a loss where they could sell. killing them and processing the meat is better than letting them starve and go to waste. As for farmers destroying their own crops, not sure what you are talking about there, many fields were unable to be harvested due to being wet. The old crop has to come off to be able to plant new crop. so some of it (flax and wheat) had to be burned off. You state this like the farmers and ranchers simply lit their crop/herds on fire for the fun of it and laughed and drank while they burned money.. Its not like they are all able to lose billions of $$$$ like the postal service every year and keep working! if they have a 2nd straight year like last.. many farms will go under.. and food prices will climb!
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Chicken breast around here goes for $1.99 per pound. Chicken tenders are $2.39. Beef is expensive. Pork is just slightly higher than pre kung flu prices. If you are paying $30 per sixpack, you are getting seriously robbed. Move or change your politicians.
    Redneck, hawgrider and Michael_Js like this.

Iowa lost its corn crop so expect corn products to be higher but also feed will be higher and that will mean higher meat prices. Take every opportunity to stock up, always prepping, and never stopping.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Chicken breast here is 1.69 a lb. Thighs and leg .69 cent a lbs
    I'm thinking Calif is ripping you off. U-haul trucks are available for moving furnature.
    I just bought another 30# of chicken hindquarters for $.49 a pound this weekend in 10# bags. You have to remember the more draconian a states response to the wu-flu, the more drastic the effect on their economy and supply lines.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

I'm sorry, but what are chicken hindquarters?
    Slippy and Sasquatch like this.

Super Moderator

I'm wondering if this is true or is it just another scare tactic by the media to sway the election and/or get people to view their crappy programming again.

Remember not too long ago the murder hornets were going to kill us all.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links