Food Shortage & Rising Food Prices - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Food Shortage & Rising Food Prices

This is a discussion on Food Shortage & Rising Food Prices within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Prepared One They need this chaos to continue through November. I would look for them to crank it up over the next ...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: Food Shortage & Rising Food Prices

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    They need this chaos to continue through November. I would look for them to crank it up over the next few months.
    They will. The script has been written. The good news is that President Trump seems to have an unique ability to be weaving when they are expecting the bob, and delivering an uppercut while they are avoiding a hook. They are too stupid to ever predict him. His style is so simple that they think he is complicated. MAGA 2020!!
    Prepared One and Michael_Js like this.

I live in an agricultural heart land. In my area it seems like the farmers are having a bumper crop year. Most of the vegetables have already been taken off, or are in the process.

I think the problem lies in the logistics. Some farmers produce for the grocery market and others produce for the food service market.

While there may be a shortage at the local grocer the local restaurant supply may be over stocked.

I pay $10 for 6-8 breasts. Beef went up at the height of the pandemic but is balancing out again. Pork had no change.

Best bet would be to watch the meat prices as others have mentioned after the derecho in Iowa the other week.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    You've really got to wonder who the brains are...who the advisers are for the democrat elites.
    I listen to Rush Limbaugh quite often. I think he hits the nail on the head when he says...the media elite and the dems believe the world revolves around Twitter. They think because something is hot or trending on twitter, it must be on the minds of every American. It's not.

I didn't listen to the democratic convention but my news feeds had portions of the speeches all week. I watched some of the republican convention in between coats of lacquer last night and am catching the highlights this morning.

The difference between them is literally like night and day.

What I find astonishing is that...not one single democrat has come out to admonish the riots and destruction...NOT ONE.

IMO, even the sane democrats living in these mini-Beiruts have had enough of this crap.

On a side note....I don't remember where I read it but, next time you are talking with someone who is leaning towards Biden ask them this:

Without mentioning Trump's name, why are you voting for Biden. The answers should be interesting.
    I can't be sure what tea leaves the Oligarchs are reading that would tell them now is the time. Is it Twatter? I think they will be in for a surprise if that's their only indicator. I think there is more to it then Twat and fakebook.
    MountainGirl and Michael_Js like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

If this was a fair election, I would have no worries. But this election isn’t going to be fair. It’s going to be decided in court rooms by crooked activist judges. This whole post office hoax is only to tee up a pretext to challenge election results in court. Then the judges will decree who won. Biden’s team has already hired 600 lawyers. I’m sure they have already selected the places and judges where the lawsuits will be filed.

Strolled through the farmers' market here yesterday, what caught my attention were bushels of half runner green beans going for $80(!), and people were buying them!

Glad I grow my own and have a cellar full of them.

Food Shortage & Rising Food Prices-img_7034.jpg

I've been buying beef from the same guy for years now; ground beef $5/lb and steaks and such $6.
    MountainGirl and Michael_Js like this.
    Romans 10:9 KJV
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

God I'm old.

I can remember when watermelons were .25 cents each and a dozen ears of corn were $1.00.
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    ......... a dozen ears of corn were $1.00.
    Now they're a buccaneer.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

we had to plug in our 3rd freezer when we split a half of beef with brother-in-law neighbor.... 3 buck tags this year and a youth doe tag... may need another freezer.
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Now they're a buccaneer.
    Reminds me of the sitcom 3rd rock from the son;

Guy walks in dressed as pirate and the other guys asks him, "Where are your buccaneers?"

He replied, "Under my buckin' hat!"
    1skrewsloose and Michael_Js like this.
    Romans 10:9 KJV
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Depends on the store you visit. Here in VA we see some shortages (fresh meat is a big one on some days) but across the mountain in West Va there's no meat shortage in their supermarkets.

Go figure
    “If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”

Jeff Cooper

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links