Food Shortage & Rising Food Prices - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Food Shortage & Rising Food Prices

This is a discussion on Food Shortage & Rising Food Prices within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Pobilly Duke I'm sorry, but what are chicken hindquarters? Nice catch! I think the poster meant Leg Quarters!...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: Food Shortage & Rising Food Prices

Quote Originally Posted by Pobilly Duke View Post
    I'm sorry, but what are chicken hindquarters?
    Nice catch! I think the poster meant Leg Quarters!

Name:  external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpeg
Views: 72
Size:  14.0 KB
    Pobilly Duke and inceptor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I'm wondering if this is true or is it just another scare tactic by the media to sway the election and/or get people to view their crappy programming again.

Remember not too long ago the murder hornets were going to kill us all.
    When did they call off the murder hornets?

Nobody tells me shit anymore...

Super Moderator

Probably the same thing as a butfore.
    Slippy, Michael_Js and SGG like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

1/4 of a chicken or 1/2 of the rear, or hind half.https://www.livestrong.com/article/5...-hindquarters/
    Pobilly Duke likes this.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

Right now my heads in a whirl of all the possibilities related to this because each of those articles in the OP are BS 3 different ways.

1. CBS blames Trump for the economy because of the flu, everyone's out of work and no money to buy food (food scarcity).......which doesn't make alot of sense to me since in June (date of article) everyone that was laid off got their unemployment + $600 per week???? and anyone that did work were getting bonus's for coming to work??? EXCUSE ME, but that means they had alot more money than usual to pay their bills & buy their food. Then of course they also received the stimulus payment. This has never made any sense to me, how everyone was making more money than pre-covid, but can't afford their bills & food, so if anyone can explain this, please let me know.

2. Bloomberg blames Covid. Everyone is sick & dying and not able to work the food production line.

3. NPR, while mentioning global warming, they do say there is plenty of food and don't understand the panic for shortages.....then drops a crumb of truth. "So we wrote this paper, 'Debunking the New Normal,' and it was very unpopular," he recalls. "In fact, we weren't able to publish it!"
    stevekozak and Michael_Js like this.

Think about this for a moment....... the democrats (the left) thrive on chaos and disruption. They think they have a better chance at taking power if people are confused and afraid. So it’s pretty easy to create panic simply by having MSM beat the drum continuously proclaiming there is a food shortage (or TP shortage!). There doesn’t actually have to be a food shortage. They just have to report there is a food shortage. People immediately panic and flock to the stores and strip the shelves bare. Bare shelves feed into the narrative and increase the panic. And the chaos is “on”. Eventually the system compensates but for a month or two everyone is looking, buying, and hoarding. And the dems have achieved their goals just by having a few news outlets report a bogus story. People are sheep and easily manipulated.

Now I’m not saying there were not any supply problems. But it seems to me that things got way overblown way too fast. JMHO

They need this chaos to continue through November. I would look for them to crank it up over the next few months.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Chicken breast around here goes for $1.99 per pound. Chicken tenders are $2.39. Beef is expensive. Pork is just slightly higher than pre kung flu prices. If you are paying $30 per sixpack, you are getting seriously robbed. Move or change your politicians.
    Two weeks ago they had sirloin steak $3/pound. I'm still eating that w/garden vegetables, got 25 lbs.

I hope the bear that raided my orchard stays around until the 1st, I've got an empty freezer and bear tag. Doe tags for deer season. Cool weather comes trout will be on the menu.

My garden is looking good and bad. But putting in fall transplants/seeds this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    They need this chaos to continue through November. I would look for them to crank it up over the next few months.
    You've really got to wonder who the brains are...who the advisers are for the democrat elites.
    I listen to Rush Limbaugh quite often. I think he hits the nail on the head when he says...the media elite and the dems believe the world revolves around Twitter. They think because something is hot or trending on twitter, it must be on the minds of every American. It's not.

I didn't listen to the democratic convention but my news feeds had portions of the speeches all week. I watched some of the republican convention in between coats of lacquer last night and am catching the highlights this morning.

The difference between them is literally like night and day.

What I find astonishing is that...not one single democrat has come out to admonish the riots and destruction...NOT ONE.

IMO, even the sane democrats living in these mini-Beiruts have had enough of this crap.

On a side note....I don't remember where I read it but, next time you are talking with someone who is leaning towards Biden ask them this:

Without mentioning Trump's name, why are you voting for Biden. The answers should be interesting.
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant

Thighs with drumsticks attached aka Chicken leg quarters
    Pobilly Duke likes this.
    Bucket-Back since 2004

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links