Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Mandatory flu shots for Ma students

8K views 96 replies 20 participants last post by  Maine-Marine 
#1 ·
How is this going to play out for new vaccines that have not been fully tested for long term effects (Covid-19?) ?

"On Wednesday, the state Department of Public Health announced the new requirement. All children aged 6 months or older who are attending Massachusetts child care, pre-school, kindergarten, K-12, and colleges and universities are required to get the flu vaccine by Dec. 31 for the 2020-2021 flu season unless either a medical or religious exemption is provided."

https://www.masslive.com/coronavirus/2020/08/this-is-a-very-slippery-slope-some-massachusetts-residents-say-flu-shot-requirement-for-students-wrongfully-takes-choice-away-from-families.html

#3 ·
I have no problem with it, and there are exemptions.

Many vaccines were mandatory when I was a kid, I never caught a thing.

Was part of the first test for the Salk polio vaccine, Worcester Foundation for experimental biology was only 6 miles away from my home,

none of the kids in my class ever got it to my knowledge.

The park pool across from my where I lived was closed almost every year at a point due to polio virus in the water.

There were those who caught it from there before the vaccine was available.

They solved that pool problem, filled it in and made a tennis court out of it.

Even today, every year, there are several public pools in Worcester, that are temporarily closed because of the virus being present.

As with anything like this some will fall, but most will survive.

I get the flue shot every year, my doctor brother insist that I do, and I agree with him.

He is not making anything off of it, would send me the stuff to do myself if I needed him to.

When the COVID shot is available I will get it, I am at too much of a risk not to.

#5 ·
I have no problem with it, and there are exemptions.

Many vaccines were mandatory when I was a kid, I never caught a thing.

Was part of the first test for the Salk polio vaccine, Worcester Foundation for experimental biology was only 6 miles away from my home,

none of the kids in my class ever got it to my knowledge.

The park pool across from my where I lived was closed almost every year at a point due to polio virus in the water.

There were those who caught it from there before the vaccine was available.

They solved that pool problem, filled it in and made a tennis court out of it.

Even today, every year, there are several public pools in Worcester, that are temporarily closed because of the virus being present.

As with anything like this some will fall, but most will survive.

I get the flue shot every year, my doctor brother insist that I do, and I agree with him.

He is not making anything off of it, would send me the stuff to do myself if I needed him to.

When the COVID shot is available I will get it, I am at too much of a risk not to.
@SOCOM42, I had a lot more trust in the government and medical establishment when we were kids. I got the smallpox, polio, MMR, whooping cough, tetanus vaccines.........

I still get tetanus boosters as I'm always getting cuts and scrapes.

I'm not really sure I trust what the government is injecting people with these days?

The flu shots are only 40-60% effective.

#6 · (Edited)
I sure miss the old days when we could trust our government. I'm not saying it was always worthy of our trust, but I guess ignorance was bliss. Life used to be so much simpler.

I remember my mom telling me of folks who would die from simple cuts, in the time before penicillin and more modern antibiotics. As a child, I had a neighbor of a similar age to me that had polio and had one arm much smaller than the other. So back then, when science came out with any vaccine or treatment, we were thrilled and all partook.

#8 ·
170K have died from Covid.

647K died in 2019 from heart disease. Yet we are told to embrace fat people and no one is calling for McDonald's to be closed.

This isnt about safety. The government doesn't care about your safety. This is about control.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Not a good analogy. If someone chooses to eat improperly & die early, that is their free choice. Their being fat doesn't harm others. On the other hand, during a pandemic, the spread of the virus can greatly impact others. Your choice to not get vaccinated or take proper precautions, can impact many others... including the death of others.

#20 ·
I will not be taking any covid vaccine when it becomes available. Period. Law or no law.

Don't want to catch covid from me? Don't come to my house.

Don't want to get kicked in the junk? Don't come to my house.

Don't want to get lead poisoning? Don't come to my house.

Are you detecting a pattern?

#23 · (Edited)
Personal choice...personal responsibility....

Offer solutions....do not mandate.

If I do....its my choice....I accept it.
If I don't.....it's my choice...I accept it.

If you try to make me....I may shoot you in the fkn face....uh....our issue.....

correction...may is historically indicative of a request granted.....might is the better word...indicative of the unknown....

#29 · (Edited)
I will answer for myself here, I DON'T CARE if you or anyone else gets one.

It is none of my business if you do or don't along with everybody else's choice, just that, your choice.

I have lived in Mass. almost my entire life.

When I was in grammar school, we had to take the first polio vaccine out, even to this day I have no problem with that.

I remember being scared shitless as a little kid seeing others in iron lungs it the hospital hallways.

Most of those machine have been gone for almost 70 years, and it is because of that vaccination.

Three plus decades ago, I caught the flu, It almost killed me, was on o2 for three days.

Brother told me to get the shot every season, I did and still do.

I don't like the idea of mandatory shots, but if they work???

Got plenty in the army, had no choice about those, never caught anything either.

#94 ·
Had the government acted within the boundaries it is supposed to be constrained by, we would have achieved herd immunity through natural means a month or more ago.
New studies are showing that this may only need 50% or less spread to have herd immunity.
But no.
They stepped in to show us what big daddy gubmint can do, prolonged the ordeal, killed thousands with bad policy, and we still aren't there.
People are looking for a vaccine like it's the second coming to save us all.

This will go down in history as one of the biggest blunders the human race has ever forced on itself. The full ramifications of which we may not fully know for half a century.

#96 ·
Could the perpetrators of this masterful con have dreamed it would be so easy to fleece the sheeple? That they would so easily give up their freedoms, their money, and their rights, for a promised perceived safety.

After decades of indoctrination it's Easy Money.

Plant Cartoon Natural environment Rectangle Tree

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.