So how's your weather?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

So how's your weather?

This is a discussion on So how's your weather? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; The official thermometer has been (and usually does) bouncing from the 70's to 90's and everywhere in between. Today we'll be in the upper 90's ...

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: So how's your weather?

So how's your weather?

The official thermometer has been (and usually does) bouncing from the 70's to 90's and everywhere in between. Today we'll be in the upper 90's with some areas pushing the 100 mark. And this next week will be back in the 80's range again.
    I'm sure most of you would probably laugh at the 100 degrees with little or no humidity, but around here it's not a regular thing and most Washingtonians can't handle it well. Especially those of us on the West side of the state. I've been in Eastern Washington with temps well over 100 for days on end and it didn't bother me so much, being a 'dry heat', but it is still hot.

We've had 100+ temps before so it's not really a rarity, it just doesn't happen often and it doesn't stay there for more than a couple of days.

So how ya'll doing??? I think I'm just going to crawl in the freezer with a note to thaw me out later when the temps are more resonable.
    Slippy likes this.

Finally cooled off. Lows mid 50's and 75-80 for highs very low humidity. Great weather for mid August can't complain.

Noticed some trees starting to change color. Fall is knocking on the door.
    Slippy and 65mustang like this.
    The world will not be destroyed those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything. "Albert Einstein"

It was 104 and humid here in Houston yesterday. There are no storms to worry about in the gulf, so Situation normal.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Pretty typical here. Little cooler right now with highs in high 80s to low 90s. Humidity can get brutal but not horrible right now. We are very dry right now. Has been some showers around but all have missed me.
    JustAnotherNut likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    It was 104 and humid here in Houston yesterday. There are no storms to worry about in the gulf, so Situation normal.
    It is supposed to be hotter today with a west wind coming in before the “cool” front tomorrow.

Super Moderator

It’ll be in the mid 90s, today. The humidity is supposed to be around 50% so it’ll be bearable.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherNut View Post
    The official thermometer has been (and usually does) bouncing from the 70's to 90's and everywhere in between. Today we'll be in the upper 90's with some areas pushing the 100 mark. And this next week will be back in the 80's range again.
    I'm sure most of you would probably laugh at the 100 degrees with little or no humidity, but around here it's not a regular thing and most Washingtonians can't handle it well. Especially those of us on the West side of the state. I've been in Eastern Washington with temps well over 100 for days on end and it didn't bother me so much, being a 'dry heat', but it is still hot.

We've had 100+ temps before so it's not really a rarity, it just doesn't happen often and it doesn't stay there for more than a couple of days.

So how ya'll doing??? I think I'm just going to crawl in the freezer with a note to thaw me out later when the temps are more resonable.
    And not everyone on the west side has central air, so that's a big reason why temps in the 90s are a big deal over there. We're supposed to be in the hundreds for the next few days. We'll see if we actually get there. Yesterday was supposed to, but I think we topped out at 95.

Funny story: I'm a wet sider through and through so it takes me a while to get used to the heat, and even then I don't handle the heat well. But the other day our high was in the upper 70s and I was freezing all day.
    Denton and Slippy like this.

The Good Cop

Afternoon highs are finally below 100.
    Right now it's 94.
    Humidity is 63% so conditions are not too bad, compared to just one month ago. 105 degrees with 90% humidity will take the starch right out of you.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

60s and some rain, a lot like my home in the states in the fall, winter or spring.
    Slippy and inceptor like this.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    92 down by the coast but still hot as hell. There is a breeze so that helps some. Did some mowing yesterday and even sitting on the mower for a couple of hours tired me out from the heat. Course, a dip in the pool helps.. well maybe since that water is hot too!
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links