So how's your weather? - Page 11
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

So how's your weather?

This is a discussion on So how's your weather? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by paulag1955 Yes, they were able to return home the next morning and all was well, thankfully. For an idea of how bad ...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree222Likes

Thread: So how's your weather?

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    Yes, they were able to return home the next morning and all was well, thankfully.

For an idea of how bad the smoke has been here, the furnace filter on the left was installed for less than three weeks. I don't even what to think about what my lungs look like right now.

Attachment 108367
    The smoke has been BAD here too. At least yesterday and today we could see the sky. That is the first time in over a week.
    JustAnotherNut and Michael_Js like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    The smoke has been BAD here too. At least yesterday and today we could see the sky. That is the first time in over a week.
    We're still waiting to see the sky. It's supposed to rain over the weekend, so maybe that will help clear the air.
    Michael_Js likes this.

Here in PA we’ve been having blood-red sunrises daily. While not unheard of, lately it seems to be a daily occurrence. I’m thinking it’s caused from smoke high in the atmosphere from the west coast fires.
    Michael_Js likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    Frost advisory for Fri Sat Sun nights.

Have to break out the tarps for the garden............
    We had to cover our gardens since the State is spraying for the darn EEE this week.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    Bucket-Back since 2004

I spent yesterday cleaning & washing out my buckets, and water tanks used for rain catchment in anticipation of rain. Even sprayed off the shed coop/greenhouse roof of any dirt, ash & debris from over the summer. All cleaned & ready to go to start refilling the tank. Right????

We did get some decent rain sometime overnight & this morning but when I went to check the collections, the water was BLACK. So I can only assume that was from the smoke still in the air.
    Michael_Js likes this.

Well, looks like another storm in the gulf. Go figure.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

We had frost this morning at 0600. Bit of a surprise but not uncommon. I had already started winterizing the pool yesterday.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

The sun is bright here, and the sky is blue. I figured it was going to be warm--that is, until I walked outside to get the morning newspaper! Yikes, it was cold. I'm hoping the temperature changes a bit after the noon hour. My wife and I have been walking more, I hope this late summer holds a bit longer.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    We had frost this morning at 0600. Bit of a surprise but not uncommon. I had already started winterizing the pool yesterday.
    We had frost/freeze warning but no frost. I covered a good portion of garden (peppers , tomatoes, basil, dill, a few squash,...) with lumber tarps.

We didn't get frost but was 33 oF 6AM. Two more nights of cold then no frost for a bit.

Frost last nite here in the PA mountains. It killed off my sweet potato plants. Tomatoes were damaged but not killed off. But they are calling for cold weather the next several nites so we are not safe just yet.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Sponsored Links