My 1st EBAY silver puirchase
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on My 1st EBAY silver puirchase within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I usually buy from Provident metals or local people, But I happened across somebody selling 4 Mint Sets from 1962 - these sets contain both ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By Maine-Marine
  • 5 Post By stowlin
  • 3 Post By TexDanm

Thread: My 1st EBAY silver puirchase

I usually buy from Provident metals or local people, But I happened across somebody selling 4 Mint Sets from 1962 - these sets contain both P and D so contain about 1.22 oz silver per set
    I was working and shopping at same time and was thinking about adding them to my watch list... BUT I hit the purchase button by mistake... Was going to cancel but figured they are my birth year-- I will toss them in the safe

My 1st EBAY silver puirchase-1962-silver.png
    Slippy, Denton and 65mustang like this.
    Be a Berean

Considering almost all silver from resellers is running close to $30 right now you paid bullion plus very little for something easily recognizable and of some numismatic value. Nothing wrong with that purchase.

FYI this is the set I watch on eBay and I have several. I’ve stolen some via eBay at well under $200 back when silver was lower. I like this coin because of the $200 Canadian face value. I can’t find another coin like it in it’s price range that if silver went down to $10 it would still be worth close to $20.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-Canadi...QAAOSwlDNfGx8P

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    FYI this is the set I watch on eBay and I have several. I’ve stolen some via eBay at well under $200 back when silver was lower. I like this coin because of the $200 Canadian face value. I can’t find another coin like it in it’s price range that if silver went down to $10 it would still be worth close to $20.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-Canadi...QAAOSwlDNfGx8P
    those are nice.. I bought some of the $20 coins when they were doing the $20 of $20 deal.. of course they were not 1 oz coins and it was like $15 in US
    Be a Berean

I love silver coins. They have a usable value where gold is so expensive that you can't use it for small things that cost a hundred dollars or less. Who wants a gold BB. I was lucky and invested heavily in silver in the late 90s when it was 8 dollars and ounce. I bought Silver Eagles. I always look at coins and used to pck up a roll or two of quarters and dimes and check them for silver coins and then swap them back to the back next time I went.

Just for the heck of it I also started gathering in the various small-dollar coins starting with the Susan B Anthony coins. They cast a dollar and will always be worth a dollar. They won't burn or rot and can be buried as a just in case stash. If the day ever comes when the banks close and never open again people will for a while still place value on money and there won't be much of it around for boing business with. Everyone uses plastic or checks now and most people don't have much cash on hand. Even the stores don't keep much and deposit every day. A big EMP could make any money that you have in a bank purely hearsay. If plastic was no longer usable how much money can you lay your hands on? I have bags of coins and never spend coins. I just bring them home and dump them in a bucket. When the bucket gets full I cut the leg off of an old pair of Levis, sew one end up, fillit with coins and then sew or tie the other end closed. I have them in the entire bottom of my gun safe except for the pennies. They are put into jars and wused as door stops.
    dsdmmat, Denton and 65mustang like this.

Sponsored Links