Job insecurity
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Job insecurity

This is a discussion on Job insecurity within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; So the owner said today that this has been the worse sales month ever... labor income was OK but product sales very bad. He is ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Job insecurity

Job insecurity

So the owner said today that this has been the worse sales month ever... labor income was OK but product sales very bad.

He is looking at this (slow down) lasting through November and has to look at what actions he needs to take to have the company survive

I am now official concerned

I think he is just easing into letting people go....
    Denton, Slippy, stowlin and 4 others like this.
    Be a Berean

Reduced activity , spreads through out the economy. People need to spend to keep others spending. There are limited number of people that are not dependent on a pay check.
    When this started Local HD dealer sales dropped. A big used bike inventory left over from end of last season and low new sales hurt. It did not take long weather warmed . Some said end of the world I want a bike. others deals to be had. Used inventory emptied out .
    Now used bikes at a premium. new inventory down due to reduced product. Parts are taking longer to get all Virus related. End this shut down crap and paying people to sit home.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 07-27-2020 at 03:26 PM.
    Slippy, stevekozak and RedLion like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    So the owner said today that this has been the worse sales month ever... labor income was OK but product sales very bad.

He is looking at this (slow down) lasting through November and has to look at what actions he needs to take to have the company survive

I am now official concerned

I think he is just easing into letting people go....
    That's really hard. It can't hurt to start looking elsewhere just in case. You'll find something. God will provide.
    stowlin, paulag1955 and stevekozak like this.
    Rose: Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and I’m gonna kick you ’til you’re dead!--Moonstruck

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Some people are wary of spending extra money. Then, certain businesses suffer. If they spend the money and job loss occurs, the individual or family suffers.

Could be a tough call. I'm fortunate that so far my job is steady, so my monthly income hasn't changed. Extra money went to upgrades or savings, nothing frivolous. Anything remotely frivolous came from regular income. Kind of a balance, I hope.

But I surely feel for those in uncertain circumstances.
    Denton and Slippy like this.

Sorry to hear OP. I don’t know what trade you are in. Is there anything you can do to be more beneficial to your employer? Is there a service you can prepare to do if unemployed? Lots of articles out there on how to prepare for such.
    Michael_Js likes this.

Don't fret.

You've got time, what needs fixing/repairing around home?

Buy supplies now. while you can. If you get laid off ,you've got a job for a while working for your family, and getting ready if SHTF happens. I assume you can fix/build/wrench stuff......

Got a wood stove? Put up wood. Still not too late for late garden crops, I've got late brocolli and cabbage coming up. Carrots and beets going in ASAP.

Don't despair.

Some are spending. Menards is busy as can be. And it would be even busier if it were not for some items are not coming in and they can not get enough workers. Some are seeing this as a time to get long delayed projects around home done.
    Example kitchen cabinets not in stock in normally 2 weeks max wait. now 6 to 8 weeks no guarantee they show up then.
    I just order a setup to extend a wifi signal up to a mile (line of sight). And do it right. Normal ship time two days to send it out. Now fingers crossed two weeks. Maybe. I got lucky the had just received a few of the parts in a shipment . I was only a fraction of what they had ordered. few reasons , people working out of the home needing it and supply chain is running behind.
    We have a major part of the current government hell bent on hurting the economy anyway they can. They are good at it and the plan is working well. They started this current campaign with free,free, free. Now they are making it happen.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Some are spending. Menards is busy as can be. And it would be even busier if it were not for some items are not coming in and they can not get enough workers. Some are seeing this as a time to get long delayed projects around home done.
    Example kitchen cabinets not in stock in normally 2 weeks max wait. now 6 to 8 weeks no guarantee they show up then.
    I just order a setup to extend a wifi signal up to a mile (line of sight). And do it right. Normal ship time two days to send it out. Now fingers crossed two weeks. Maybe. I got lucky the had just received a few of the parts in a shipment . I was only a fraction of what they had ordered. few reasons , people working out of the home needing it and supply chain is running behind.
    We have a major part of the current government hell bent on hurting the economy anyway they can. They are good at it and the plan is working well. They started this current campaign with free,free, free. Now they are making it happen.
    Make sure you have a roof, foundation, plumbing, wiring, water ....before you give a rats azz about kitchen cabinets.

I need 2-3 55-gal drums for non-E10 or 100LL AV fuel.

These problems are not isolated. As tuff Times hang on more businesses go into survival mode and/or die. Bad for everyone. I know a lot of business owners hurt with virus shut downs and none got government help. Planes parent hood, Harvard and others got paid though.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

My owner is already walking through the office telling people to be relevant. That's his way of saying if your not relevant you may be let go. I am in a critical supply business but that doesn't mean he won't cut the fat. The economy will only get worse from here so get your ducks in a row.
    Michael_Js and inceptor like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links