Job insecurity - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Job insecurity

This is a discussion on Job insecurity within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Mad Trapper Make sure you have a roof, foundation, plumbing, wiring, water ....before you give a rats azz about kitchen cabinets. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Job insecurity

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    Make sure you have a roof, foundation, plumbing, wiring, water ....before you give a rats azz about kitchen cabinets.

I need 2-3 55-gal drums for non-E10 or 100LL AV fuel.
    House has stood sense the 1800's . It will be there longer than any of use will live.
    StratMaster likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I know times are tough and my fingers are crossed! I start my new job with the state on Friday. It was a competitive six week interview process that initially didn't culminate in an offer but with notification of a hiring freeze. A couple weeks later they called back to inform me that they begged and pleaded with HR. Despite being down five bodies, they were granted approval for just one - and this department most definitely provides essential services! I have a one-year probationary period and truly hope things ease up with the covid budget crisis. Not just for my job security but because my team is still down four people! Plus, it's kind of a dream job for me. Thank you, Lord!
    A Watchman, RedLion and Smitty901 like this.

I am thanking God my husband has a good government job and high seniority right now. Literally everything would have to go under before he would lose his job, but that doesn't mean I can't empathize with people who aren't in that situation. @Maine-Marine , I'm sorry you're having to worry about this and I'll be praying for job security for you.
    A Watchman and Prepared One like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

No job other than being a grandfather now. Wife retired June 12th . Short of the entire US being burned down we will be ok. If it does burn we will still survive. Funny part two calls this week with job offers from contractors I work with before retiring. Thank them for thinking of me and declined. My wife was informed she could resend retirement. And they would like her to return. She is not interested.
    inceptor, Hemi45 and StratMaster like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully things pick up here soon. Have you considered maybe a side job under the table or using a hobby of yours to earn a bit extra? I was laid off once and found work in a different field.
    A man never truly knows how good he is with a gun until that gun is his last resort to live.

Are you retired Marine?
    Prep and reduce bills as much as possible. Start living frugally.. Eat at home, no fancy coffee shops etc..
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links