Have YOU ever had an ND?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Have YOU ever had an ND?

This is a discussion on Have YOU ever had an ND? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; These two posts got me thinking: Originally Posted by 65mustang I had 2 accidental discharges with an early (1963) Remington 700 ADL. Once taking off ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Have YOU ever had an ND?

Have YOU ever had an ND?

These two posts got me thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by 65mustang View Post
    I had 2 accidental discharges with an early (1963) Remington 700 ADL. Once taking off the safety and another when closing the bolt. That was 2 too many for me. It has a Timney trigger/safety now. What an improvement.
    The groid had his booger hook on the trigger, it wasn't an accident it was stupidity. Luckily he didn't hurt anyone but himself. He needs to be charged with shooting in city limits or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I shot a night stand with a .357, once. I still say it had it coming.

We need an ND thread!

I've had one.

Bunch of us were at the range, killing paper like crazy. I had my drone to take some aerial shots. I managed to put a couple holes in the drone case. Didn't hurt any of the gear inside, just an entry and exit wound, plus the channel through the foam.

Totally my fault. Knew it was loaded... pulled the trigger anyway.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

I had one...I was testing the new brigadier slide for the 9 millimeter...I said this is unsafe and we should stop..... 5 minutes later I had a round through my leg...The brigadier slide went away....the stigma of me shooting myself never did.a life time of living with a moment of acceptance.
    Slippy and Inor like this.

It was the 9th grade, Chemistry Lab Closet on the last day of school. Suzanne whats her name and her dang tight ass Levi 501's was to blame..

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I had one when I tripped and fell down a hill while hunting with a shotgun. Scared the crap out of me. Great full no one was harmed.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    It was the 9th grade, Chemistry Lab Closet on the last day of school. Suzanne whats her name and her dang tight ass Levi 501's was to blame..
    It is not A negligent Discharge if she did not get pregnant.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Several occasions, customer brought in a loaded 22 semi auto, did not know it was loaded ( he said it was unloaded),

pulled back the bolt handle to clear it, let it go and it went FA, 3 rounds through my roof.

Another time, back in 1964, just bought a Walther P38 of late WW-2 vintage, loaded the mag up.

With safety on I let the slide go forward on its own, BANG!, it went off!!!!!!!

I had loaded it with 124gr. Canadian military ball ammo, the round went through a room divider,

destroyed a Ming Vase copy, punched a hole in a french door frame,

continued through a wall and out through the center of the mailbox, no mail in it though.

Shaken, I took out the mag and inspected the action, everything worked fine almost,

It took a while but I finally found that the hammer safety block had been cut away at the factory as a booby trap for USGI's.

Put the safety on and the hammer would fall and strike the firing pin.

Replaced the safety and it worked fine just like the mint one I have in the safe now.

We won't talk about the 45 ACP round that went through the headboard of the bed and out the wall behind it 25 years ago.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 07-08-2020 at 07:54 PM.
    StratMaster and Slippy like this.

Sure hope he doesn't have one.
    Have YOU ever had an ND?-cop-leans-shotgun.jpg
    Mad Trapper likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Close call once. Bone head I worked with brought a semi auto 22lr into work to sell. Pulled the gun out of the case and said try that trigger. Of course he said it wasn't loaded and the mag was out of it. Luckily I pulled the action open all the while he was laughing at me. "What, don't you trust me". Well the look on his face when that little live 22 shell ejected onto the floor. Thankfully I remembered dad's training, treat every gun as if it's loaded.

Not getting pregnant is the cut off? I have nothing else to share.
    Michael_Js, Slippy and 65mustang like this.

Dry firing one night . . . it was late . . . should have known better.

In a fog of sleepiness . . . loaded it and racked the slide . . . laid it over on the coffee table.

Later got ready for bed . . . always put it on my nightstand with the hammer on half cock . . . just my habit way of doing things.

Picked it up . . . saw the hammer back . . . thinking it was unloaded . . . I pointed it down to the floor and pulled the trigger.

Believe me . . . sound exclusion actually does work. I heard the empty round bounce off the wall and hit the floor . . . never did hear the round go off.

Wife went bonzai on me . . . thinking I had shot someone or myself . . . I still chuckle about it.

She keeps a throw rug over that portion of the living room floor.

Thankfully . . . it is the one and only.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I haven't but have been present for two. When I was a kid, me & my brother & sister were sitting in the den. Across the way, on the breakfast table, my dad was cleaning his 12 gauge after being out hunting. Next thing we know, the gun goes off. He had left it loaded and didn't recheck the gun. Thankfully the barrel happened to be pointed away from us, so he just blew a hole in the wall.

While dating my wife, her dad brought out his Colt 1911 that he wore in WWII and crossed Normandy Beach with him. We were in his den & he was handling it, when it discharged and put a hole in the wall. Thankfully in both situations, we got lucky. Both could have turned out real ugly.

Right before his death, my father-in-law gave me his Colt. He had chromed the pistol so in his honor, I had Turnbull restore it a few years ago. It happens to be very rare. It was one of very few made in 1938 and all the metal is original. He had changed out the grips to some made during the war. The slide serial number matches the frame. How all the parts stayed together, is a mystery to me.

Last edited by Redneck; 07-08-2020 at 08:34 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links