Who needs NASCAR when you have
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Who needs NASCAR when you have within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; LEMON races. This is a car my Son in law and their team have. Looks good for a $500 car. Look close . It is ...

Like Tree22Likes
  • 8 Post By Smitty901
  • 2 Post By Mad Trapper
  • 2 Post By Slippy
  • 5 Post By Lisa93
  • 2 Post By Smitty901
  • 1 Post By Mad Trapper
  • 2 Post By T-Man 1066

Thread: Who needs NASCAR when you have

LEMON races. This is a car my Son in law and their team have. Looks good for a $500 car. Look close . It is all Duck tape. Tires and wheel looks are faked with paint. It is a beater for sure. Cars need to be purchased for under $500. You do however have to add a real roll cage and other race requirements. It is fun , exciting and 100% not PC. If words offend you stay home. Coloring outside the lines encouraged.
    Post from 2017 race about the car. It took 3 rd in MI last week.
    Notice roll cage sticking out of the roof. Had to do that to meat requirements for height about head.

Hella Sweet Car of the Week: "Duct Tape to Manifold" Acura Integra - Roadkill

Who needs NASCAR when you have-duct-tape.jpg
    Last edited by Smitty901; 07-04-2020 at 11:01 AM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Growing up my friends garage ran street cars, better than street cars, and bracket cars, bikes, fast bikes.

They found a caddy hearse. Yup, a hearse. They entered 1/4 mile bracket, they ALMOST got to finish once, 2?.???? before getting beat. Maybe 20 second lead?

They had logo for the garage on it, sort of free advertisment, and "YOU STAB THEM WE'LL SLAB THEM!" How would that go over now?

Everybody laughed..........
    Michael_Js and Smitty901 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    LEMON races. This is a car my Son in law and their team have. Looks good for a $500 car. Look close . It is all Duck tape. Tires and wheel looks are faked with paint. It is a beater for sure. Cars need to be purchased for under $500. You do however have to add a real roll cage and other race requirements. It is fun , exciting and 100% not PC. If words offend you stay home. Coloring outside the lines encouraged.
    Post from 2017 race about the car. It took 3 rd in MI last week.
    Notice roll cage sticking out of the roof. Had to do that to meat requirements for height about head.

Hella Sweet Car of the Week: "Duct Tape to Manifold" Acura Integra - Roadkill

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duct tape.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	107191
    That is something I never heard of Smitty!

Sounds like a heck of a competition! thanks for sharing!
    inceptor and Michael_Js like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I think NASCAR likes racing COVID style...with no fans in attendance....lol Rednecks make up 97% of their fan base..why are they doing everything they can to run them off..? Do they think the wine and cheese tootie-fruities are gonna ditch F1 and INDYcar to come save them...?

Lemon Racing? Sounds like what we did a lot of in high school to impress the women hahaha...
    Had an 82' K30 I rammed around back in those days, it's a wonder I didn't get killed looking back at it. Had a 454 in it and man not too many guys could touch it if I stomped on the pedal.
    One night in particular it was snowing like crazy and a buddy called and said he was in a ditch about an hours drive away. Went out and was pulling him out had a township truck come soaring down the hill just like my buddy did. My girlfriend at the time just opened her door to yell something was coming. Peeled that door off slick as you please. Got $400 for a door on a truck I paid 1000 for.
    A man never truly knows how good he is with a gun until that gun is his last resort to live.

When I was much younger racing was a big thing for the common man. Every county darn near had a track of some kind. Oval dirt, figure eight demo derby. Plenty of drag strips around also. Friends built cars and raced.Just the way it was. We went to the tracks with Uncles and family . When we were old enough we went on our own , even raced a bit. We went on dates to the track. It was fun. Yes it cost money but the working people could afford to race. Things changed . It became a rich mans thing. But we loved racing and support the rich racer that grew out of it. They have gotten to high and mighty now . Piss on them. I know many that now shun NASCAR and all the horse racing wine parties. Style racing. They run their own builds, off road 4 wheel mudding, rock climbing and things like the Lemon races. Back to our roots.
    As a teenager we could rebuild a small block in a run down shed. Now the average teenage does not even know what direct the engine goes in the car. To hell with NASCAR.
    Mad Trapper and T-Man 1066 like this.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

There is still a small raceway nearby, dirt track on Sat. nights, drags on Sunday afternoons.

I enjoy the old county fairs better: horse/tractor pulls and a demolition derby
    Smitty901 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    When I was much younger racing was a big thing for the common man. Every county darn near had a track of some kind. Oval dirt, figure eight demo derby. Plenty of drag strips around also. Friends built cars and raced.Just the way it was. We went to the tracks with Uncles and family . When we were old enough we went on our own , even raced a bit. We went on dates to the track. It was fun. Yes it cost money but the working people could afford to race. Things changed . It became a rich mans thing. But we loved racing and support the rich racer that grew out of it. They have gotten to high and mighty now . Piss on them. I know many that now shun NASCAR and all the horse racing wine parties. Style racing. They run their own builds, off road 4 wheel mudding, rock climbing and things like the Lemon races. Back to our roots.
    As a teenager we could rebuild a small block in a run down shed. Now the average teenage does not even know what direct the engine goes in the car. To hell with NASCAR.
    You are spot on with today's youth lack of mechanical knowledge. Even at garages, some new "technicians" are stumped when presented a points type distributor.

As kids we started out with mini bikes powered by lawnmower engines and moved on to off-road motocross/enduro bikes. Learned how those worked and fixed them with Dad's tools. Back then we could ride over 50 miles in all directions off road. Sometimes packing fishing or hunting gear, that was entertainment.

We learned to drive on farm tractors and farm trucks. Learned to fix/rebuild those. I remember helping rebuild an International H tractor; it was great practice later for cars.

I did rebuild a SBC in my 68 Camaro. Took it down to bare block, had it bored and balanced. Took me a few months of careful work to assemble it. I still have that car

One of the reasons I hate new cars/trucks/tractors, is they have purposely made repairs impossible for the DIY/guy in his garage.

I have a 1940 9N ford and it's so simple you can fix most any problem with the tools inside it's lunchbox size tool box. It will run all day on one tank full of the cheapest gas sold. How many 2020 tractors do you think will still be running 80 years from now?

New products are designed to be throw away and buy a new one, instead of being repaired.

Concerning nASScar/"professional sports", they can kiss my ass. If you feel the same, I encourage people to contact their sponsors, tell them how you feel, and inform them you have stopped buying their products.

Half mile west of where Jesus left His sandals.
    Me and most of my friends rebuilt anything mechanical. Machined my own blocks and heads, fabricated roll cages, suspension, motor mounts etc. Narrowed 9" rear ends welded the spiders together, turned down flywheels. Whatever. Now most youngins can't "identify" where the oil goes. Sad state of affairs.
    inceptor and Smitty901 like this.

This is the car as it raced last week in MI. And son in law driver and pit crew. They only have two drivers some crews have 8.

Who needs NASCAR when you have-106422806_10157857612464495_3732267728359292631_o.jpg

Name:  106999722_10158540518472552_6224025309503780081_o.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  9.9 KB

Sponsored Links