Bring back public flogging
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Bring back public flogging within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Corporal punishment has a long history and I am not talking about in school. Delaware has recently decided to remove its historical whipping post due ...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Bring back public flogging

Corporal punishment has a long history and I am not talking about in school. Delaware has recently decided to remove its historical whipping post due to racial sensitivities. How ever I ask why not give twenty lashes to a wife beater? More to someone who sexually assaults a woman or a child? In addition to hard labor in prison.

American colonies judicially punished in a variety of forms, including whipping, stocks, the pillory and the ducking stool.[64] In the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, whipping posts were considered indispensable in American and English towns.[65] Starting in 1776, Gen. George Washington strongly advocated and utilized JCP in the Continental Army, with due process protection, obtaining in 1776 authority from the Continental Congress to impose 100 lashes, more than the previous limit of 39.[66] In his 1778 Bill for Proportioning Crimes and Punishments, Thomas Jefferson provided up to 15 lashes for individuals pretending to witchcraft or prophecy, at the jury's discretion; castration for men guilty of rape, polygamy or sodomy, and a minimum half-inch hole bored in the nose cartilage of women convicted of those sex crimes.[67] In 1781, Washington requested legal authority from the Continental Congress to impose up to 500 lashes, as there was still a punishment gap between 100 lashes and the death penalty.[68] The Founders believed whipping and other forms of corporal punishment effectively promoted pro-social and discouraged anti-social behavior. Two later presidents, Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt, advocated judicial corporal punishment as punishment for wife-beating.[69]

In the United States judicial flogging was last used in 1952 in Delaware when a wife beater got 20 lashes. In Delaware, the criminal code permitted floggings to occur until 1972.[70][71][72] One of the major objections to judicial corporal punishment in the United States was that it was unpleasant to administer.[citation needed]

Judicial corporal punishment has never been held unconstitutional in the United States.[69] In fact, the Fifth Amendment specifically mentions amputation of limbs as a possible sentence for offenders, perhaps referencing Thomas Jefferson's proposed legislation punishing rapists

From https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judi...ral_punishment

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/975328/16
    Last edited by Camel923; 07-02-2020 at 05:15 PM.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

How about public hanging for the next BLM protester that throws a brick at a cop.
    Last edited by Chipper; 07-02-2020 at 03:09 PM.
    patrioteer, SOCOM42 and Michael_Js like this.

Hmmmmm. Stockades for low level offense, public caning for mid range, and the old noose for capitol offenses.

Something tells me people would behave a bit more civilized after the first few people were made examples of.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Floggings and stumpings sounds way too much like muslim countries. Now if you are willing to throw electricity and other modern conveniences into the mix, sign me up!
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Quote Originally Posted by patrioteer View Post
    Hmmmmm. Stockades for low level offense, public caning for mid range, and the old noose for capitol offenses.

Something tells me people would behave a bit more civilized after the first few people were made examples of.
    Tar and feathers for guilty politicians, that is just the misdemeanors.

Is this thread a joke?

In the tenth century raping and pillaging was a part of war...should we bring that back?
    Old SF Guy likes this.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Islamic states like this type of correction too...
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    Is this thread a joke?

In the tenth century raping and pillaging was a part of war...should we bring that back?

It still is "part of war", radical Islam does it all the time. Particularly to Christians and Jews. 1980 to present. Middle East, Africa........

The Poles used to impale the Tartars and Turks, after their barbaric deeds, maybe bring that back? Tit for Tat?

It worked and the Poles kept the Horde out of Europe for hundreds of years.. Vivat Jan Sobieski!!!!
    Michael_Js likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    It still is "part of war", radical Islam does it all the time. Particularly to Christians and Jews. 1980 to present. Middle East, Africa........

The Poles used to impale the Tartars and Turks, after their barbaric deeds, maybe bring that back? Tit for Tat?

It worked and the Poles kept the Horde out of Europe for hundreds of years.. Vivat Jan Sobieski!!!!
    That was my point.. how well does it work? Have the wars ended?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    That was my point.. how well does it work? Have the wars ended?
    Wars will not end until the final one.

Until then, vanquishing your enemy, instead of a false truce, seems to be the best means of a longer lasting peace.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links