Poll of 10,000 Police Officers
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Poll of 10,000 Police Officers within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Poll of 10,000 cops, only 7% would recommend someone goes into police work. That number is higher than I expected it to be. I know ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Poll of 10,000 Police Officers

Poll of 10,000 cops, only 7% would recommend someone goes into police work.

That number is higher than I expected it to be. I know two of my kids have talked about it, and I made sure to talk them out of it.

https://www.calibrepress.com/2020/06...hpy8LhJOEi9l1A
    SGG, Michael_Js, Denton and 2 others like this.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Uh... actually that number is lower than I thought it would be. I expected double digits at least.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

When I hang out in the squad room all I see is older guys starring at their retirement dates (me included) and younger guys wondering if they have made a mistake. There used to be guys in the middle but most of them have left for other careers. And my department has higher morale and better retention than any other agency in the region.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The number makes sense. It's estimated 5-15% of the population are psychopaths.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    The number makes sense. It's estimated 5-15% of the population are psychopaths.
    I am sorry Sir, but this is where I have to disagree with you. Cops are not psychopaths. They are sociopaths. Sociopaths have some regard for other humans.

That's what my psychologist tells me anyway.
    0rocky, Slippy, Inor and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by patrioteer View Post
    I am sorry Sir, but this is where I have to disagree with you. Cops are not psychopaths. They are sociopaths. Sociopaths have some regard for other humans.

That's what my psychologist tells me anyway.
    Good sarcasm. I hope it’s not lost on other readers.
    Slippy, patrioteer and inceptor like this.
    There’s never a wrong time to do the right thing … there’s never a right time to do the wrong thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rocky View Post
    Good sarcasm. I hope it’s not lost on other readers.
    I've made a mini-career out of my sarcasm being lost on most people!
    patrioteer, Inor, SGG and 1 others like this.

Law enforcement, much like the miltary, is a family profession. Once you meet a service member or officer/patrolperson, you will learn that they have a relative in the business who they aspired to be like.

Service to something.... is a different value system than many believe. Many believe the government exists to provide us something. I do not ascribe to that belief. Government exists to ensure people do not take rights from each other, and the people serve as government to ensure government never forgets that it is the people that are being served....not the government.

Its forgotten in many ways...people who want to take your rights will use the "Government" to aid them. People who are acting as the government, forget that they exist only to protect those rights, or to redefine them within ascribed legislative processes.

To make a long story longer....I didn't want my kids to serve, three have. Why would anyone want to serve the people in a state or city where they are hated and treated as lesser beings.

The problem in LE is simple.... stop being tax collectors. Unless it is a crime with a victim...do not waste time enforcing it. (parking, inspections, etc). Then the city can choose to fund either the services of people serving their communities...or handing out money to people who won't or can't afford to live there.

Get your union to back the move and not cave in to pressure. No more tickets.
    Inor, Kauboy, SGG and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    The problem in LE is simple.... stop being tax collectors. Unless it is a crime with a victim...do not waste time enforcing it. (parking, inspections, etc). Then the city can choose to fund either the services of people serving their communities...or handing out money to people who won't or can't afford to live there.

Get your union to back the move and not cave in to pressure. No more tickets.
    Stop making so much sense! You'll scare the sheep.
    inceptor likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by patrioteer View Post
    Poll of 10,000 cops, only 7% would recommend someone goes into police work.

That number is higher than I expected it to be. I know two of my kids have talked about it, and I made sure to talk them out of it.

https://www.calibrepress.com/2020/06...hpy8LhJOEi9l1A
    I been trying to talk folks out of getting into it since way before I got out of it. Politics dont belong in Poleece work..but they seem to be running it now. The noble profession has been turned into a political correct nut house. Now I got a grand son in it..despite what I told him. Some folks are gluttons for punishment huh?
    patrioteer likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links