Motion sensor that will trigger a recording of dog
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Motion sensor that will trigger a recording of dog within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Starting to warm up and I've had two break ins in 5 years (been away both times). Looking to run a sensor near my main ...

Like Tree26Likes
  • 1 Post By Leftcoastal
  • 5 Post By Redneck
  • 5 Post By Old SF Guy
  • 2 Post By Back Pack Hack
  • 5 Post By Slippy
  • 4 Post By Inor
  • 4 Post By StratMaster

Thread: Motion sensor that will trigger a recording of dog

Starting to warm up and I've had two break ins in 5 years (been away both times). Looking to run a sensor near my main fence hard wired or blue tooth to my audio receiver in my garage that's adjacent that will trigger a recording of a deep bassy dog barking. Ive got a stereo with a sub already and wire.

I've got 3 wireless door chimes on my perimeter but want something that signifies a big dog. This area is the most likely route to a home invasion. Been penetrated once before (garage side door).
    patrioteer likes this.

Not sure if something is commercially available to do that or not, but a buddy of mine had a 10" subwoofer and a little digital recorder mounted next to his side door that he attached to the his porch light motion sensor. The light trips and an MP3 file of an angry dog runs for about 2-3 minutes. He is trying to rug up something on the door that simulates angry scratching too. I told him it would be better off just buying a big dog.

They make battery powered motion sensors that will activate a plug in , on a 120V outlet. HeathZenith used to make them, may be discontinued?

Plug your sound into the outlet. You can buy multiple sensors that will run the same 120V outlet. Put as many where you need them.

Note if you have skunks, raccoons, deer there is going to be a lot of barking.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I went the old school, low tech route. I have 9 dogs that live in the house with 24 hour access to the back yard. Any movement or odd sound, and they all start barking.
    Annie, Slippy, Mad Trapper and 2 others like this.

Yep...I took a different path too....Got a cat....now nothing in my place is worth having anymore let alone stealing.
    Annie, dwight55, Inor and 2 others like this.

I took a simpler path. I just ain't got anything worth stealing.
    Slippy and Redneck like this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

I took a different path and moved out to a safe place in the middle of the country. Put a sign at the gate; THIS GATE IS LOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION
    Inor, dwight55, inceptor and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I took a different path and moved out to a safe place in the middle of the country. Put a sign at the gate; THIS GATE IS LOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION
    I took a similar path and moved out to the middle of nowhere. There are usually a lot of dead things surrounding our property so we always have a lot of scavengers running around. Having a dozen or so buzzards perched on my fence is very comforting (in an Adams Family kind of way).
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    I went the old school, low tech route. I have 9 dogs that live in the house with 24 hour access to the back yard. Any movement or odd sound, and they all start barking.
    Name:  release_the_hounds.gif
Views: 15
Size:  14.9 KB
    Inor, Redneck, Slippy and 1 others like this.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

I took the same path and moved out in the sticks decades ago but now everybody is following. Now what??
    Last edited by Chipper; 07-01-2020 at 07:03 AM.

Sponsored Links