Free EBT Money - Surprise
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Free EBT Money - Surprise within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; For the first time this year we put our three kids into public school - they started in January. mostly because the youngest has a ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Free EBT Money - Surprise

For the first time this year we put our three kids into public school - they started in January. mostly because the youngest has a vaccine caused injury that shows via speech problems and the oldest wanted some more friends

Of course the end of the year was cancelled so they only got a short time in classroom.

after class was cancelled, several groups stepped up and provided free lunches for any kid/family that wanted them (notice I said wanted not needed) Salvation army, some local churches, and others all donated time or food to put lunches together.

skip ahead to last week. Wife come in and tells me we got an EBT card from the state to cover the cost of lunches our kids would have gotten.. now we qualified for reduced (not free) lunches.

We chat and do some quick guessing we think they are sending us between $57 or a most a couple hundred.

Wife drives down to the local dollar general and buys a food thing to get a receipt.... Balance on the card is $1,100..... We are both freakin surprised!!!

Yes we are going to spend it, no we are not buying lobster and steak. Wife spent $300 last night on beans, canned fruit, hamburger, hotdogs, soup, etc

Finally some of my tax dollars back!
    Be a Berean

Just to confirm, you received this EBT card unsolicited? In other words the state government just sent it to you? No explanation?

Now I'm wondering if everyone who had children enrolled in public school received one of these cards? Was income a factor in the amount?

I wonder what stores will take that card? Just grocery type stores or can you use it for other things? I need new tires for my 4 wheeler, wonder if the off road place will take one of these? Doesn't matter I guess, I haven't had kids in public school in over a decade.

DRATS! Foiled Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    For the first time this year we put our three kids into public school - they started in January. mostly because the youngest has a vaccine caused injury that shows via speech problems and the oldest wanted some more friends

Of course the end of the year was cancelled so they only got a short time in classroom.

after class was cancelled, several groups stepped up and provided free lunches for any kid/family that wanted them (notice I said wanted not needed) Salvation army, some local churches, and others all donated time or food to put lunches together.

skip ahead to last week. Wife come in and tells me we got an EBT card from the state to cover the cost of lunches our kids would have gotten.. now we qualified for reduced (not free) lunches.

We chat and do some quick guessing we think they are sending us between $57 or a most a couple hundred.

Wife drives down to the local dollar general and buys a food thing to get a receipt.... Balance on the card is $1,100..... We are both freakin surprised!!!

Yes we are going to spend it, no we are not buying lobster and steak. Wife spent $300 last night on beans, canned fruit, hamburger, hotdogs, soup, etc

Finally some of my tax dollars back!

@Slippy , food only.

That balance seems to be retroactive to some earlier date.

In this state, they have given the max amount to all recipients for the last two months because of COVID.

MM did your wife apply for it unbeknown to you???

I find it hard to believe it came unsolicited.

EBT cards are required to have the recipients picture on them unless they are over a certain age, 60?
    Slippy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The local farm store sells grocery's and guns/ammo, well just about everything. Wonder how far you could push it??

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    The local farm store sells grocery's and guns/ammo, well just about everything. Wonder how far you could push it??
    Depends how crooked the store owner is, it is a felony to allow other than food, not even TP is allowed.

One here got caught and sentenced to 15? years in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    @Slippy , food only.

That balance seems to be retroactive to some earlier date.

In this state, they have given the max amount to all recipients for the last two months because of COVID.

MM did your wife apply for it unbeknown to you???

EBT cards are required to have the recipients picture on them unless they are over a certain age, 60?
    My wife was surprised as me

these went to every child that was on reduce or free lunch... i think the free lunch folks got MORE

yes it was back dated to like march and based on something like $5.25 per kid per day (something like that)

this is an EBT card only for food.. but it is not a standard EBT.. if that makes sense... We have never had EBT for

this is for any food... even can use it on amazon and online sources
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post

School system has list of students and they know who gets free and reduced lunches - they automatically issue a P-EBT (Pandemic EBT Card)
    just found this article

https://www.dhs.pa.gov/providers/Pro...demic-EBT.aspx

Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) Supplemental Payments

Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCR)(P.L. 116-127) the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) approved the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) to provide households with children eligible for free and reduced-priced meals under the National School Lunch Program (NLSP) or the School Breakfast Program (SBP) with P-EBT benefits due to the COVID-19 outbreak and related school closures. DHS will work with the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) to identify eligible children and issue P-EBT.
    Slippy likes this.
    Be a Berean

Each state has its rules for the EBT cards, but are based on federal guidelines.

Dependent upon the recipient there is a cash section of allowance also if eligible.

The food section is for food only, you can use it in a supermarket or a restaurant, choice is yours.

In a couple of cases here, one store was caught selling booze and lottery tickets on the card , another clothing.

They all went to jail, cardholders were banned from all state programs permanently.

With the little more detail you provided, it makes sense on the card distribution.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 06-29-2020 at 08:50 AM.
    inceptor likes this.

I wonder how many cases of Coke and thick cut NY Strips it takes to trade for a nice M1 Carbine?

Quote Originally Posted by patrioteer View Post
    I wonder how many cases of Coke and thick cut NY Strips it takes to trade for a nice M1 Carbine?
    here let me fix that for you

Quote Originally Posted by patrioteer View Post
    I wonder how many cases of Coke and thick cut NY Strips it takes to trade for a nice M1 Carbine? ASKING FOR A FRIEND!
    patrioteer likes this.
    Be a Berean

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links