COVID 19- What did we learn? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

COVID 19- What did we learn?

This is a discussion on COVID 19- What did we learn? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Learned I must be on the right track. As all this BS hasn't really effected my life at all. Wife works from home now that's ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: COVID 19- What did we learn?

Learned I must be on the right track. As all this BS hasn't really effected my life at all. Wife works from home now that's it.

Of course the life time of practice and education from forefathers has sure come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMoose View Post
    Evening folks!

I've spent a lot of time thinking about the impact covid 19 has had on us... and made me question What did I learn from all this? What would I do differently? and whats going to change?

Here are my answers... I'm intrigued to hear yours!

What did I learn?

That society goes chaotic when it comes to panic buying.

What would I do differently?

Bulk buy essentials when things return to normal (So I didn't have to experience the madness of supermarkets)

Whats going to change?

Aspects of my life... I've started to eat healthier, manage stress a lot better and that I'm going to relax more when it comes to work (As I've worked throughout the lockdown period so far)

TruckerMoose

UK
    It makes godless liberal devil children go robbing and pilliaging to demand reparatons for slavery for their black fellow LIberals..before the election?
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    I learned 4 gallons of bourbon is enough to last me 6 weeks of lock down along with 2 cases of beer and 3 lbs of tobacco.
    Thanks for doing the science on this scenario. Figured out my tolerances anitn what they used to be. An 18 pack lasts me between grocery trips these days. Mr. Gout hates me lol. Started out thinking beer done it but whiskey and wine was ok..then it come up that wine did it too...so I takes till two pills per day and try to act nice. lol. A few beers and shots with my pals twice a week on the early man early shift at the sports bar seems safe. Everybody is home before the dumb cops have shift change..not that there is any cops around here these days. Hmmmm.Fortunately I have a couple of steenken badges..which have technically expired but since there aint no cops..who cares? lol. Under Texas Law a citizen can effect an arrest on any person committing a felony or a breach of the peace within his/her presence or view..which covers all kinds of things a civilian would never know..wink wink.
    COVID 19- What did we learn?-badges1.jpg
    Last edited by bigwheel; 06-06-2020 at 08:31 PM.
    hawgrider and Slippy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Being that the virus appeared to spread quickly, it was new to the U.S., an I'm not an epidemiologist by trade, I gave the powers that be 1 month to figure it out. I followed the guidelines, listened intently to new developments, followed the reported case counts, and waited for someone to start making sense of it.
    After a while, and paying close enough attention, I started to conclude that one of two things must be true.
    Either:
    1. "The powers that be" are inept and incapable of determining the real threat this virus poses, even with all of the knowledge the rest of the world was producing, and had been producing for months prior. Something new had arrived, and nobody knew what to do about it.
    or
    2. A deliberate lie was being weaved. Too many things didn't make sense. Too many contradictions were appearing. Too many professional voices were being silenced, drowned out, or ridiculed into obscurity. Too many self-proclaimed professionals, with no history in the field, were contributing to the discussion with an air of authority on the matter. Too many winners and losers were being chosen, and non-random patterns were emerging in who won and who lost.

What is an American supposed to think? His government is useless, and incapable of discerning truth and reality when no expense was being spared? Or his government was using a crisis to learn what plays work, and what plays don't, what the people will accept, and what they will reject. How far could they push before being pushed back.
    So I stopped participating. I started researching, finding all manner of sources of people with real-word experience who were not being filtered by politics. I stopped the mask nonsense. I stopped pretending that "social distancing" had a scientific basis, and wasn't just a high school science project(it was). And I realized a lot of folks around me did the same. We just weren't willing to give that much control of our lives over to the government who wasn't giving real answers, while a media machine fed us nothing but fear.

The government learned a lesson, and so did I.
    And from the hundreds of people standing in line outside gun stores around the nation, I'd say I wasn't the only one who learned the same lesson.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Thanks for doing the science on this scenario. Figured out my tolerances anitn what they used to be. An 18 pack lasts me between grocery trips these days. Mr. Gout hates me lol. Started out thinking beer done it but whiskey and wine was ok..then it come up that wine did it too...so I takes till two pills per day and try to act nice. lol. A few beers and shots with my pals twice a week on the early man early shift at the sports bar seems safe. Everybody is home before the dumb cops have shift change..not that there is any cops around here these days. Hmmmm.Fortunately I have a couple of steenken badges..which have technically expired but since there aint no cops..who cares? lol. Under Texas Law a citizen can effect an arrest on any person committing a felony or a breach of the peace within his/her presence or view..which covers all kinds of things a civilian would never know..wink wink.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	badges1.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	106693
    It may sound like a lot of bourbon in 6 weeks but I stand by the amount and length of time as the bourbon was used as a mouth and throat gargle several times daily during the kung F. U. My strict regiment of gargling worked like a charm as I never got the plague. The beer was for making fish fry beer batter.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Being that the virus appeared to spread quickly, it was new to the U.S., an I'm not an epidemiologist by trade, I gave the powers that be 1 month to figure it out. I followed the guidelines, listened intently to new developments, followed the reported case counts, and waited for someone to start making sense of it.
    After a while, and paying close enough attention, I started to conclude that one of two things must be true.
    Either:
    1. "The powers that be" are inept and incapable of determining the real threat this virus poses, even with all of the knowledge the rest of the world was producing, and had been producing for months prior. Something new had arrived, and nobody knew what to do about it.
    or
    2. A deliberate lie was being weaved. Too many things didn't make sense. Too many contradictions were appearing. Too many professional voices were being silenced, drowned out, or ridiculed into obscurity. Too many self-proclaimed professionals, with no history in the field, were contributing to the discussion with an air of authority on the matter. Too many winners and losers were being chosen, and non-random patterns were emerging in who won and who lost.

What is an American supposed to think? His government is useless, and incapable of discerning truth and reality when no expense was being spared? Or his government was using a crisis to learn what plays work, and what plays don't, what the people will accept, and what they will reject. How far could they push before being pushed back.
    So I stopped participating. I started researching, finding all manner of sources of people with real-word experience who were not being filtered by politics. I stopped the mask nonsense. I stopped pretending that "social distancing" had a scientific basis, and wasn't just a high school science project(it was). And I realized a lot of folks around me did the same. We just weren't willing to give that much control of our lives over to the government who wasn't giving real answers, while a media machine fed us nothing but fear.

The government learned a lesson, and so did I.
    And from the hundreds of people standing in line outside gun stores around the nation, I'd say I wasn't the only one who learned the same lesson.
    I had a good chuckle over your first statement that you aren’t an epidemiologist by trade. So, why would that stop you? LOL. The guy in the UK that says he’s an epidemiologist and produced the models that said 2 million people would die.. then revised it.. then was fired for breaking his own quarantine to screw a married woman..... His “models” that scared the crap out of the world and led to the draconian lock downs....

Well.. he was actually a PhD in physics. Absolutely nothing to do with epidemiology....
    SGG and Kauboy like this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links