President to Deploy Troops inside the US
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

President to Deploy Troops inside the US

This is a discussion on President to Deploy Troops inside the US within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Just saw the President state he was going to ask cities and states to stop the riots, and if they didn't do enough, he would ...

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 124
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: President to Deploy Troops inside the US

  1. #1
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Mississippi
    Posts
    2,299

    President to Deploy Troops inside the US

    Just saw the President state he was going to ask cities and states to stop the riots, and if they didn't do enough, he would send in federal officers & the US military to do it for them. Never thought I would see this day.

    I couldn't believe it and figured I heard wrong, so I played it back again to confirm what I heard. Seems he is going to enact the Insurrection Act of 1807.
    Last edited by Redneck; 06-01-2020 at 05:16 PM.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,299
    Due to the failure of many mayors and governors to protect life and property...

    Still, it makes me nervous for several reasons.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  3. #3
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    8
    Hell, it is mostly democrats burning democrat cities. Just have him do an EO saying no federal funds to rebuild or repair damages.
    Inor, Michael_Js and SGG like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Mississippi
    Posts
    2,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Due to the failure of many mayors and governors to protect life and property...

    Still, it makes me nervous for several reasons.
    Can you imagine if any Democratic president had said those words? I just can't imagine our troops being used inside the USA when not requested. Normally, that is illegal. Somehow I think most conservatives, once again, are gonna stay silent.
    Denton likes this.

  6. #5
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    Can you imagine if any Democratic president had said those words? I just can't imagine our troops being used inside the USA when not requested. Normally, that is illegal. Somehow I think most conservatives, once again, are gonna stay silent.
    My position on the use of federal troops in the USA is simple. Washington and Hamilton should have been hung when they first did it in order to set the tone. I suspect politicians would be much more circumspect in their actions.
    Camel923 likes this.

  7. #6
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Driftless Area
    Posts
    3,455
    When I was in my teens my Mother"RIP" told me I would live thru a revolution, never could imagined she was right! Could not really wrap my head around the idea.

    Still can't believe what's taking place.
    Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 06-01-2020 at 05:50 PM.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

  8. #7
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Mississippi
    Posts
    2,299
    I sure miss the days when being conservative actually meant something. What the hell happened to small government and fiscal responsibility? And no one cares anymore. Only thought that comes to my mind is I've lived too long. As if a government ordered shutdown and killer hornets wasn't enough, now we have our President saying he will send in our military when not requested.

  9. #8
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    2,169
    We have democratic governors and democratic mayors that are basically refusing to control the rioting and protect life and property. It advances their agenda to allow this mayhem to continue. Now there are many many american citizens that are being harmed by this violence. So if mayors and governors refuse to protect citizens, then it pretty much falls to the president and his only real tool is the military. Some may not like using the army to restore order, but what other choice is there? I would love to see the army caputure the leaders of antifa and designate them as “enemy combatants”. Send em to Gitmo.

  10. #9
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NORTHEAST USA
    Posts
    7,916
    Not many know or remember this,

    The US Marines and the 82nd were put on an 4 hour alert.

    They were going to be sent to washington DC to prevent Nixon from refusing to step down, and take over.

    I don't remember all the details, but I did know a Bird Colonel who was involved in the plan.

    There were people in the military and congress that were with him, it was to stop the commies in congress.

    As all know he stepped down and nothing happened, except we have more commie sympathizers in congress.

  11. #10
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    12,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    We have democratic governors and democratic mayors that are basically refusing to control the rioting and protect life and property. It advances their agenda to allow this mayhem to continue. Now there are many many american citizens that are being harmed by this violence. So if mayors and governors refuse to protect citizens, then it pretty much falls to the president and his only real tool is the military. Some may not like using the army to restore order, but what other choice is there? I would love to see the army caputure the leaders of antifa and designate them as “enemy combatants”. Send em to Gitmo.

    The Congo or Yemen might be better. I do not want those dirt bags back. Still deploying Regular troops makes me uneasy. At this point the violence is more about causing crap that you can get away with rather than protest.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

    Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

 

 
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top