President to Deploy Troops inside the US - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

President to Deploy Troops inside the US

This is a discussion on President to Deploy Troops inside the US within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Kill em all, let God sort them out, Joking! Sorry bad humor. These are serious times....

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: President to Deploy Troops inside the US

Kill em all, let God sort them out, Joking! Sorry bad humor. These are serious times.
    SOCOM42 and Annie like this.
    A wise man never argues with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

2006–07 suspension
    In 2006, Congress modified the Insurrection Act as part of the 2007 Defense Authorization Bill (repealed as of 2008). On September 26, 2006, President George W. Bush urged Congress to consider revising federal laws so that U.S. armed forces could restore public order and enforce laws in the aftermath of a natural disaster, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition. These changes were included in the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007 (H.R. 5122), which was signed into law on October 17, 2006.[10]
    Section 1076 is titled "Use of the Armed Forces in major public emergencies". It provided that:
    The President may employ the armed forces ... to ... restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition ... the President determines that ... domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order ... or [to] suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such ... a condition ... so hinders the execution of the laws ... that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law ... or opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.[11]
    In 2008, these changes in the Insurrection Act of 1807 were repealed in their entirety, reverting to the previous wording of the Insurrection Act.[12] It was originally written to limit presidential power as much as possible in the event of insurrection, rebellion, or lawlessness.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

WHERE ARE THE COPS? WHERE ARE THE SHERIFFS? WHERE ARE THEY?

In these cities that have been affected by this lawlessness, where are the local cops, mayors, sheriffs, council members, city managers? They all take your money every week and build a pension that you pay for. Where the hell are they in all of this?

Scumbags, everyone of them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    We have democratic governors and democratic mayors that are basically refusing to control the rioting and protect life and property. It advances their agenda to allow this mayhem to continue. Now there are many many american citizens that are being harmed by this violence. So if mayors and governors refuse to protect citizens, then it pretty much falls to the president and his only real tool is the military. Some may not like using the army to restore order, but what other choice is there? I would love to see the army caputure the leaders of antifa and designate them as “enemy combatants”. Send em to Gitmo.
    So which city or state has lost control to terrorists? Who makes that judgement? You saying local government is not responsible to protect their citizens? You saying we need Federals to decide if & when they come in and take over... without being requested?

Keep in mine the word precedent. In this case you may agree with the president... why I have no idea. But once this happens, any president will be free to do so from now on. Wonder if you will feel the same when a liberal president enacts the same act for some trumped up reason, and determines due to the emergency they will confiscate your guns and declare martial law? There is a reason conservatives believe in state's rights and limited federal government. There is a reason this law is the ONLY time a president can use the military inside the US. When there is any doubt, LESS FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS BETTER!!!

Maybe Trump knows something we aren't privy to.

I heard today antifa has upped their game quite a bit with communications, medics, explosives, etc, etc, etc.

Maybe another country is pushing the buttons.

I've been behind Trump all this time. I'm not going to start second-guessing his decision making now.

One of the reasons we are all here in the first place is for a SHTF scenario. We talk about it a lot.

Maybe the time spent talking is coming to an end and the time for doing is upon us.

Dunno.......
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    Maybe Trump knows something we aren't privy to.

I heard today antifa has upped their game quite a bit with communications, medics, explosives, etc, etc, etc.

Maybe another country is pushing the buttons.

I've been behind Trump all this time. I'm not going to start second-guessing his decision making now.

One of the reasons we are all here in the first place is for a SHTF scenario. We talk about it a lot.

Maybe the time spent talking is coming to an end and the time for doing is upon us.

Dunno.......
    Maybe the sky is falling? You know, criminal acts during a protest are nothing new. Both extremes of the left and right live for these times. Like with every other protest that degrades into looting and other criminal behavior, this protest will wind down. However, once you open the door to one person being able to decide when to send in federal troops to take over for a city or state, when not requested... that will never go away. Then we become a true police state. I am absolutely amazed that "conservatives" around here are so cavalier with something as momentous as this. I will guarantee you there will come a time when you will rue the day we let this happen.
    Inor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    So which city or state has lost control to terrorists? Who makes that judgement? You saying local government is not responsible to protect their citizens? You saying we need Federals to decide if & when they come in and take over... without being requested?

Keep in mine the word precedent. In this case you may agree with the president... why I have no idea. But once this happens, any president will be free to do so from now on. Wonder if you will feel the same when a liberal president enacts the same act for some trumped up reason, and determines due to the emergency they will confiscate your guns and declare martial law? There is a reason conservatives believe in state's rights and limited federal government. There is a reason this law is the ONLY time a president can use the military inside the US. When there is any doubt, LESS FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS BETTER!!!
    Which city has lost control? Take your pick. The news is showing clip after clip of rioters burning, attacking, and looting with police nowhere in sight. You say the feds shouldn’t interfere unless requested. Well who determines when they are requested? Tonite on the news I saw an interview with a crying woman who explained that the mob looted and burned every store within walking distance. Bus service is not running in her city due to covid. She is screwed! Nowhere to buy groceries. I’m sure she would be very glad to have the army come in an restore order. All the shop owners that have been looted and burned would gladly have Trump send in the army. I’m sure you would welcome the feds if Mrs. Redneck was beat with a 2x4 and your local police were being told to stand down and not engage the mob. Does deploying the military set a bad precedent? Yep! But do we simply allow these progressive governors to allow rioters free rein to loot and burn?
    Joe and Michael_Js like this.

As far as martial law and confiscating guns........ they already do that anyway. Remember hurricane Katrina>

We are in uncharted waters in this country today. I don’t know which answeres are right or wrong. I just know we are in deep shit!
    Last edited by Chiefster23; 06-01-2020 at 07:14 PM.
    Michael_Js and SGG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    As far as martial law and confiscating guns........ they already do that anyway. Remember hurricane Katrina>

We are in uncharted waters in this country today. I don’t know which answeres are right or wrong. I just know we are in deep shit!
    I'm sure there is no right or wrong.

One thing I am sure of, at the point we think Big Brother is our salvation for every crisis, then yes the shit has hit the fan. Have a new virus... Big Brother will shut down private business and force you to stay home. Can't earn a paycheck during this shutdown... Big Brother will print more money and friggin' give it to everyone. Have a riot... Big Brother will come in and take over your law enforcement.

Guess I'm a loner. I'm FRIGGIN' SICK OF BIG BROTHER. I DON'T TRUST BIG BROTHER. I WANT AS LITTLE GOVERNMENT AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

But y'all go ahead and cheer on Big Brother. And all this happens with "conservatives" in control of the presidency and the Senate. What the hell is gonna happen when liberals take over... for those of y'all that think there is a difference in parties.
    Last edited by Redneck; 06-01-2020 at 07:59 PM.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post

There is a long precedent of federal troops being deployed by Presidential order.

Woodrow Wilson - 1919, troops to 20 US cities to quell race riots
    Herbert Hoover - 1932, sent troops to the Washington Mall to drive off the WWI vets demanding their promised bonus
    Harry Truman - 1946, sent troops to act against striking rail road workers
    Dwight Eisenhower - 1957, sent 101st Airborne troops to Little Rock to end riots over school integration
    Lyndon Johnson - 1968, sent troops to Chicago to act against rioters at the Democrat Convention
    George H.W. Bush - 1989, sent troops to St. Croix, US Virgin Islands, to restore order from civil unrest after hurricane Hugo
    George H.W. Bush - 1992, sent troops to Los Angeles to restore order after riots broke out
    George W. Bush - 2001, sent troops to guard airports after 9/11
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links