President to Deploy Troops inside the US - Page 12
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

President to Deploy Troops inside the US

This is a discussion on President to Deploy Troops inside the US within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Redneck The point of this discussion is when the president sends in the troops when not requested. That is what is different ...

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: President to Deploy Troops inside the US

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    The point of this discussion is when the president sends in the troops when not requested. That is what is different here. Where in the Constitution does it state the president has such authority over a state or city?

It is not unusual for local government to request federal help. What has never happened before is where the president states he is the judge and will determine if he sends in the US military to take over law enforcement... when not requested.
    It has happened before. The civil war saw federal troops deployed to states without their request or consent. But the authority the president has to do it is in Title 10.
    https://policy.defense.gov/portals/1...ection_act.pdf
    It is an evil society that blames the tool for the actions of its user.

OK, so I'm not alone in my beliefs.

Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Wednesday he opposes using the U.S. military to quiet domestic unrest in a break with President Donald Trump who threatened to deploy federal troops to "dominate the streets."

"I say this not only as secretary of defense, but also as a former soldier, and a former member of the National Guard: The option to use active-duty forces in a law enforcement role should only be used as a matter of last resort and only in the most urgent and dire of situations. We are not in one of those situations now," Esper said. "I do not support invoking the Insurrection Act."

Did Trump actually deploy troops?

Or................................................ ...........................did he threaten to to get the mayors and governors off their asses?

He's been known to use slight of hand.
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Wednesday he opposes using the U.S. military to quiet domestic unrest in a break with President Donald Trump who threatened to deploy federal troops to "dominate the streets."

"I say this not only as secretary of defense, but also as a former soldier, and a former member of the National Guard: The option to use active-duty forces in a law enforcement role should only be used as a matter of last resort and only in the most urgent and dire of situations. We are not in one of those situations now," Esper said. "I do not support invoking the Insurrection Act."
    Figure he will be the former Sec Def within a week.
    It is an evil society that blames the tool for the actions of its user.

He met with Trump today and walked it back.
    Vanished, into the mist.

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    Did Trump actually deploy troops?

Or................................................ ...........................did he threaten to to get the mayors and governors off their asses?

He's been known to use slight of hand.
    Marines from Pendleton were in LA two nights ago; <--might not be accurate.

fed troops still in DC.
    Last edited by MountainGirl; 06-03-2020 at 08:40 PM. Reason: unable to confirm Marines in LA
    Vanished, into the mist.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Marines from Pendleton were in LA two nights ago; fed troops still in DC.
    On the ground...locked and loaded...or waiting?
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Marines from Pendleton were in LA two nights ago; fed troops still in DC.
    DC comes under federal control.
    MountainGirl likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    On the ground...locked and loaded...or waiting?
    Let me find the link to confirm. What I recall is on the ground in LA, unknown which in DC.
    Robie likes this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

The Good Cop

I believe I saw on one of the military news sites I follow that it is battalion of Military Police that is in DC.

I'm not sure how many MP's are in a battalion, a battalion of infantry is about 800 men.
    MountainGirl likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Sponsored Links