Semi trailer house
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Semi trailer house

This is a discussion on Semi trailer house within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I have a friend that is trying to make a semi trailer a house and her windows leak. The trailer has flooded once already. So ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Semi trailer house

Semi trailer house

I have a friend that is trying to make a semi trailer a house and her windows leak. The trailer has flooded once already. So does anyone have any ideas about how to build the house? Or do you know what books or places I can send her to for more information?

I thank you guys so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bigwheel and RedLion like this.

Hillbilly style!

Name:  redneck motorhome.png
Views: 42
Size:  111.3 KB

Before I can make any recommendations, I'd very much like to know the setup, e.g., are the axles/tires removed and the frame has been dropped on grade? Is there a power drop and hook-up or how is it powered if at all? Trying to get a mental picture so I don't waste time recommending something that has already been accomplished.
    There’s never a wrong time to do the right thing … there’s never a right time to do the wrong thing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Semi trailer house

Wheels are still on it I am pretty sure that there is power. It is a friends build and we are states apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were the windows designed for a flat surface, while the van has horizontal ribs?
    rice paddy daddy and 0rocky like this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Take them out and seal them with auto windshield urethane. This is the adhesive that holds your auto windshield in place. Warning though it will be permanent. You'll never remove them again in one piece.

Don't waste your time with silicone. As things heat and cool or flex silicone will let go and leak.

Could build a roof that overhangs the sides of the trailer. So the water doesn't just run down the sides into the window.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Take them out and seal them with auto windshield urethane. This is the adhesive that holds your auto windshield in place. Warning though it will be permanent. You'll never remove them again in one piece.

Don't waste your time with silicone. As things heat and cool or flex silicone will let go and leak.

Could build a roof that overhangs the sides of the trailer. So the water doesn't just run down the sides into the window.
    The first thing I noticed was the ability of the water to run right behind the window flange.
    Seal them well, and then there needs to be some kind of angled flashing installed that will divert the water cascading down the sides out and over the windows.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

These will work

Name:  1 porthole.png
Views: 43
Size:  179.5 KB
    Michael_Js and Slippy like this.

A bushel basket full of this should work.
    https://www.findtape.com/Gorilla-Pai...=Entire%20Site

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links