Disgusted and Dispirited
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Disgusted and Dispirited

This is a discussion on Disgusted and Dispirited within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Warning: rant ahead. I'm really tired. I'm tired of adults acting like spoiled toddlers. I'm tired of the 'news' and social media whipping up the ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Disgusted and Dispirited

Disgusted and Dispirited

Warning: rant ahead.

I'm really tired. I'm tired of adults acting like spoiled toddlers. I'm tired of the 'news' and social media whipping up the SJW mob. I'm tired of the narcissism and entitlement and dependency. I'm tired of smugness and virtue signalling and hypocrisy and identity politics and the oppression olympics. I'm tired of politicians with their entire arm in my pocket.

Is this ever going to end?
    Working on my manifesto.

@OrneryOldBat , you're not alone. I haven't looked at mainstream news in some time. Too little of what i'm interested in and too much of what I don't care about.
    There’s never a wrong time to do the right thing … there’s never a right time to do the wrong thing.

Quote Originally Posted by OrneryOldBat View Post
    Warning: rant ahead.

I'm really tired. I'm tired of adults acting like spoiled toddlers. I'm tired of the 'news' and social media whipping up the SJW mob. I'm tired of the narcissism and entitlement and dependency. I'm tired of smugness and virtue signalling and hypocrisy and identity politics and the oppression olympics. I'm tired of politicians with their entire arm in my pocket.

Is this ever going to end?
    Nope. But what can end is what you choose to internalize.
    Vanished, into the mist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

I'm right there with you. One piece of advice, stop watching the news. Your outlook will greatly improve.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

I have stopped watching the news shortly after they proved themselves to be
    nothing more than the propaganda arm of the liberal establishment!
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

My watching of the news is down over 50% now, disscusted with all the bulshit all the time.

Sick of politicians running at the mouth and then not doing a thing about it.

Sick of the forever investigations that never have a conclusion.

I regard the "news" as garbage. Don't let it pollute your mind.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

I click on the news in the morning to see if we are nuking someone or they nuked us, then bye.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

IMO, there is only one solution. Term limits for congress. Our founding fathers never envisioned folks could become professional congressmen, because back then, it was a financial burden to serve in congress. Now it is the exact opposite. These folks, both parties, sell their soul to whoever will keep them elected. They will state whatever needs to be said to stay in power. Now these folks become richer after serving... not poorer. From the very first day elected, they start running for the next election. It never ends.

If I were king, I would have both houses serve one six year term... and one term only. We would have elections every two years, so that 1/3 of the folk were replaced each election cycle. 1/3 of congress would be junior members (1-2 years in), 1/3 with 3-4 years and 1/3 senior members with 5-6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose View Post
    I click on the news in the morning to see if we are nuking someone or they nuked us, then bye.
    Just about the same with me, only I watch it at noon for the most part, not be all woke up till about then.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links