Disgusted and Dispirited - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Disgusted and Dispirited

This is a discussion on Disgusted and Dispirited within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I know the shit is going to fly, these days I stay tuned in just enough to try and figure out from which direction it ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Disgusted and Dispirited

I know the shit is going to fly, these days I stay tuned in just enough to try and figure out from which direction it will come.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

My grass needs mowing
    Michael_Js, stevekozak and Elvis like this.
    Bucket-Back since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by OrneryOldBat View Post
    Warning: rant ahead.

I'm really tired. I'm tired of adults acting like spoiled toddlers. I'm tired of the 'news' and social media whipping up the SJW mob. I'm tired of the narcissism and entitlement and dependency. I'm tired of smugness and virtue signalling and hypocrisy and identity politics and the oppression olympics. I'm tired of politicians with their entire arm in my pocket.

Is this ever going to end?
    Yes, . . . the book of Revelation says in chapter 11 that the 7th trumpet sounds . . . the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of our Lord . . . and while this may sound really mean and sadisitic . . . ALL politicians will get their chance along with the news casters . . . lawyers . . . judges . . . bankers . . . Wall Street types . . . etc. . . . will get their opportunity to plead their case before Jesus Christ.

Unless there is a SERIOUS change of heart for most of them between now and then . . . well . . . it won't be pretty.

When it is all said and done . . . all you spoke of will be so far in the past . . . it will no longer be in the vocabulary.

Yeah . . . lookin' forward to it.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    AquaHull and OrneryOldBat like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I thought I got rid of all my cassette tapes and players.

Then the KJV on cassette, was next to my long lost ghetto blaster.

There are some "Rock" music still also.
    Bucket-Back since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by OrneryOldBat View Post
    Warning: rant ahead.

I'm really tired. I'm tired of adults acting like spoiled toddlers. I'm tired of the 'news' and social media whipping up the SJW mob. I'm tired of the narcissism and entitlement and dependency. I'm tired of smugness and virtue signalling and hypocrisy and identity politics and the oppression olympics. I'm tired of politicians with their entire arm in my pocket.

Is this ever going to end?
    In the same boat. Finally had to shut everything down TV, Netflix, radio, news, internet and even this site for a few days. Worked on the garden built a grain end knife/axe throwing target re-read a couple of books that had nothing to do with the screwed up world. Did the trick. Came back on, saw this civil unrest and carnage and will take a few more days off. I guess and build something else.

Godspeed.
    Annie and OrneryOldBat like this.

Mod Squad

Term limits would be great.

As long as we are making changes, I would like to see a citizen jury with veto power sitting on capital hill. Any bill that doesn't make sense to the ordinary citizen could be shot down on the spot. Let them be picked at random and sit for a month. Veto power would be on a 2/3 super majority. This would put the government of the people back into the people's hands.
    Michael_Js likes this.

Success Is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm - anonymous

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I would watch cable news every night, from when I got home from work until I went to bed.
    Mostly, Fox News Channel.

About 7 years ago, we got rid of the satellite dish, it was just costing so much for 100 channels of nothingness.
    For about two weeks, I went through a sort of withdrawal.
    But then, i noticed the turmoil and anger I carried around was going away.

Today, I watch no TV at all, with the exception of just a few sports programs like the World Series.
    Not even local news.
    I can go to the respective websites, read the headlines, get an idea from them what's going on in the world, and then come here.

The peace and serenity I have now is indescribable.
    You can have it, too. Turn the TV off.
    In the 1950's, TV was called "The Idiot Box". It truly is. Read a book, exercise your mind.
    My dad called it the boob tube.
    inceptor and Michael_Js like this.
    St. Michael the Archangel,
    defend us in battle.
    Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
    and do thou,
    O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan,
    and all the evil spirits,
    who prowl about the world
    seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Prepadoodle View Post
    Term limits would be great.

As long as we are making changes, I would like to see a citizen jury with veto power sitting on capital hill. Any bill that doesn't make sense to the ordinary citizen could be shot down on the spot. Let them be picked at random and sit for a month. Veto power would be on a 2/3 super majority. This would put the government of the people back into the people's hands.
    Term Limits are a great idea, but we already have them. Its called the Ballot Box. We The People have the ability to impose term limits but we the people seem to refuse to do so.

Regarding adding a "citizen jury", well we already have that. The Founders set up a Representative Republic.

Its all the other bullshit that has corrupted the representatives that has caused problems. Adding another layer to government is not the answer as those on the "citizen jury" would simply get "bought and sold" by the lobbyists the minute they hit the ground in DC.

A better solution is to eliminate 80% of this bloated government and reduce the tax revenue greatly.
    Chiefster23 and Michael_Js like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Term Limits are a great idea, but we already have them. Its called the Ballot Box. We The People have the ability to impose term limits but we the people seem to refuse to do so.

Regarding adding a "citizen jury", well we already have that. The Founders set up a Representative Republic.

Its all the other bullshit that has corrupted the representatives that has caused problems. Adding another layer to government is not the answer as those on the "citizen jury" would simply get "bought and sold" by the lobbyists the minute they hit the ground in DC.

A better solution is to eliminate 80% of this bloated government and reduce the tax revenue greatly.
    The dumb-assed public keeps re-electing the same corrupt politicians back into office time after time again. WE actually deserve this mess we have. WE created it! People are lazy and stupid. Vote the assholes back in again! See if anything changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    The dumb-assed public keeps re-electing the same corrupt politicians back into office time after time again. WE actually deserve this mess we have. WE created it! People are lazy and stupid. Vote the assholes back in again! See if anything changes.
    You are exactly right! We like to blame the politicians but the real problem is the sheeple that keep electing the Pelosi and AOC's of this world. The promise of free shit, rainbows, and unicorn farts, gets them elected every time, and they know it.

We lost this Republic when the left took over our schools and colleges. All those years of indoctrination are coming to fruition for the left.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links