At what point are you truly prepared to take up arms and revolt? - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

At what point are you truly prepared to take up arms and revolt?

This is a discussion on At what point are you truly prepared to take up arms and revolt? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by keith9365 Based on what I see in the news I don't have any hope for that. Look at the lock down orders ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree311Likes

Thread: At what point are you truly prepared to take up arms and revolt?

Quote Originally Posted by keith9365 View Post
    Based on what I see in the news I don't have any hope for that. Look at the lock down orders and arrests being enforced by police officers across the country in violation of the Bill of Rights.. They are following the orders from their superiors. They may or may not agree with them but they WILL follow them. History has many examples of police and military personnel abusing their fellow citizens on orders from superiors. These officers swore an oath at their commissioning to protect and defend the Constitution of The United States, but when faced with the choice of protecting the rights of the citizens guaranteed by the 1st Amendment or disobeying that order and jeopardizing their career and pension, your constitutional rights be damned.
    I'll bet a lot of that went on in Germany WWII. Doing the wrong thing by following orders, as the alternative was jail or death. Of course there were some sadistic bassturds that excelled at atrocities and moved up through the ranks.

How many in USA LE/military would turn on it's own? Who knows.

Me, I don't know? If they started rounding up people for camps and taking all possessions that might be my breaking point? I'd rather die a free man than live as a slave.

I believe civil war will come sooner then people think. Although, It will not be a North vs. South affair, nor will it be Red vs. Blue, or even Us and Them, etc. It will be asymmetric warfare with varying factions vying for power. You will have bad actors and enemy states along with our friendly neighborhood terrorists all contributing to the chaos, China and Russia most certainly among them.

As for me, however it comes about, at 60 I am in no hurry to run out and take on a Tank or an F35. I am in no hurry for war, although I think it's on the horizon, whether it be a civil war or all out war. Me, I will for now, continue to fight my battle at the ballot box and with everyday conversation with everyone I come across. I'll continue to make the argument at every opportunity and with every email I send to my elected officials. If war does come to my doorstep, I will do all I can with what I have to protect me, mine, and the ideals set forth in the constitution. I am not GI Joe or Rambo, I am an old brawler and a fighter, I can still pull the trigger and would not hesitate if I have too.

However, all and all, I would rather drink a cold beer and watch a football game.
    Michael_Js, Inor, SOCOM42 and 7 others like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

One man alone or a small group alone will not have much of a chance in violently opposing government. Every effort should be made to win at the ballot box with rational persuasion, in the courts with strong inalienable constitutional documentation, peaceful but vocal protest. The last thing you should want is the weight of government enforcing its will upon you at the point of a gun. Think Ruby Ridge or the Branch Davidians. I believe that everyone here has a breaking point. That item may be slightly different for each of us.
    Last edited by Camel923; 05-23-2020 at 09:31 AM.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Tango2X View Post
    So, Jdag,
    What is your military background?
    Did you take "the oath"?
    Did you ever serve?
    Since he refused to answer, my bet is "NO".
    And even if yes, he probably has never seen anyone with his intestines blown out.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    One man alone or a small group alone will not have much of a chance in violently opposing government. Every effort should be made to win at the ballot box with rational persuasion, in the courts with strong inalienable constitutional documentation, peaceful but vocal protest. The last thing you should want is the weight of government enforcing its will upon you at the point of a gun. Think Ruby Ridge or the Branch Davidians. I believe that everyone here has a breaking point. That item may be slightly different for each of us.
    Those incidents are an example of a corrupt government and corrupt law enforcement,

look how long it has taken to just start draining the alphabet swamp LE agencies.

They did to Randy the same thing they did to Gen. Flynn, entrapment.

Did the same to a friend of mine,

taking over a year of buying drinks for him every Friday after work to get him to make them a silencer.

They joined the same sportsmans club and met every friday evening with him, always asking for one,

he finally felt obligated to do it.

They arrested him right after he made and gave it to the agent.

Federal court judge threw the case out as direct entrapment,

they then went to a state judge and got a conviction for simple possession.

I knew the two agents who were involved, they tried the same thing with me on FA conversions,

they said they heard I did great work on them, and wanted me to do one for them, joke was I never did one for anyone,

I knew their names long before they showed up at my door.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 05-24-2020 at 07:08 AM. Reason: sentence structure

Mod Squad

Wait, who, exactly, would we be fighting here?

It seems to me that Trump has the support of the NRA, the military, vets, hunters, and the law enforcement agencies except for the intell spook-types.

Will California assemble an army of pot heads, wearing "Bernie or Bust" t's and tie dye board shorts? I can see them now, inching forward while texting really good slogans to each other. each armed with dulled sporks made from 100% recycled vegan tofu, fanny packs bulging with vape gear and extra edibles. They advance slowly, pointing at the safety pins on their collars and chanting, "This is my SAFE SPACE, don't shoot bruh!" Worst case, everyone on the other side is laughing so hard that a few of them get poked by selfie sticks.

Or will Antifa learn the hard way that it's not wise to take a baseball bat to a gun fight?

Either way, it doesn't seem like it would be much of a conflict.
    Prepared One likes this.

Success Is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm - anonymous

Given the levels of political violence we are experiencing and people fleeing blue states in favor of less restrictive red states with lower tax rates. The war has begun. The conflict is joined.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Quote Originally Posted by Prepadoodle View Post

It seems to me that Trump has the support of the NRA, the military, vets, hunters, and the law enforcement agencies except for the intell spook-types.

Will California assemble an army of pot heads, wearing "Bernie or Bust" t's and tie dye board shorts? I can see them now, inching forward while texting really good slogans to each other. each armed with dulled sporks made from 100% recycled vegan tofu, fanny packs bulging with vape gear and extra edibles. They advance slowly, pointing at the safety pins on their collars and chanting, "This is my SAFE SPACE, don't shoot bruh!" Worst case, everyone on the other side is laughing so hard that a few of them get poked by selfie sticks.

Or will Antifa learn the hard way that it's not wise to take a baseball bat to a gun fight?

Antifa was nowhere to be seen during the heavily armed, solidly red 2A protests in Virginia. They are collectively cowards and offer no threat to a well regulated militia.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

The country splits before a shot is ever fired.

The civil war didn't cause the divide. The states divided along political lines. Then the government moved to rejoin them back into the nation.
    That's likely the same series of events that will unfold eventually. Our republic has outlasted most historical powers, and with little change. That can't be sustained indefinitely. We will see the great United States divided once again. I give it less than 50 years at the rate we're moving. Depending on the freedoms lost during this virus sham, it could be closer.

We'll see who fires the first shot. It's rarely ever the people. It's always the power-hungry attempting to intimidate.

Like Old SF, when a muzzle is affixed on me or mine, or we're given an order akin to "get on the train", the fireworks start.
    The "big igloo" is more of an internet meme than a real movement.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Prepadoodle View Post

I am not worried about California, they can't figure out which bathroom to use, let alone which end of the rifle is the business end. Besides, when they run out of their 10 bullets, I will still have 30 left.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links