Wildlife office shoots two bt accident
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Wildlife office shoots two bt accident within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; "2 hunters accidentally shot by Tennessee wildlife officer while turkey hunting" Never good to see this and when it is an off duty Wildlife officer ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Wildlife office shoots two bt accident

"2 hunters accidentally shot by Tennessee wildlife officer while turkey hunting"
    Never good to see this and when it is an off duty Wildlife officer even more concerning.
    "The unnamed officer was hunting in the North Cumberland Wildlife Management Area in Campbell County when he shot the two other hunters by mistake, The Associated Press reported."

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoo...officer-turkey
    Slippy and Michael_Js like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Most definitely a scenario of shooting at an unidentified target.
    Cooper would be pissed...

DON'T SHOOT AT SH!T YOU CAN'T SEE!!!

Thankfully both men are fine. The officer should be charged. Negligence is negligence, and he caused injury.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Lucky the hero is still alive. Cause I darn well plan to return fire at whoever shoots me, in self defense of course.

How do mistake 2 people for a turkey?? Unless your just shooting what is moving out of shear stupidity.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Thin Blue Line will protect officer Bumble-Trigger...
    Michael_Js likes this.

I wonder if the wildlife officer could find his a$$ with both hands and a map? A wildlife officer that can not identify an actual Turkey. And I bet he is armed on duty too. This moron should never be allowed to carry a firearm. This is Affirmative action gone wild.
    Michael_Js, hawgrider and Annie like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

I didn’t know Dick Cheney was working as a wildlife officer.
    Michael_Js and 1skrewsloose like this.

Perch Pimps normally dont do dumb stuff like that. Musta been an affirmative action hire huh? Ype it would take a democrat to hunt spring turkey They are much easier to kill in the winter.
    Wildlife office shoots two bt accident-me-turkeys.jpg
    Last edited by bigwheel; 05-19-2020 at 07:56 PM.
    Michael_Js, Slippy and hawgrider like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Most definitely a scenario of shooting at an unidentified target.
    Cooper would be pissed...

DON'T SHOOT AT SH!T YOU CAN'T SEE!!!

Thankfully both men are fine. The officer should be charged. Negligence is negligence, and he caused injury.
    I was hit by pellets one time... there was NO way the shooter could see me.
    My grandfather was shot in the face and lost an eye.... during bird hunting a shooter fired at a bird coming up out of tall grass... hunter did not know my grandfather was there.
    I am for investigating but from reading the article we do not know what happened.. I could layout 10 different ways it could have happened where the shooter would not be responsible.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    I wonder if the wildlife officer could find his a$$ with both hands and a map? A wildlife officer that can not identify an actual Turkey. And I bet he is armed on duty too. This moron should never be allowed to carry a firearm. This is Affirmative action gone wild.
    you must have read a different story then i did.. I could not tell what happened at all... yet in your story the officeholder fired at people thinking they were turkeys.. I did not read that

I did gather that they must have been at a distance where they were not killed by the shot and 2 of them were hit..

could he have been shooting at a turkey and they were in a blind unseen?
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    I was hit by pellets one time... there was NO way the shooter could see me.
    My grandfather was shot in the face and lost an eye.... during bird hunting a shooter fired at a bird coming up out of tall grass... hunter did not know my grandfather was there.
    I am for investigating but from reading the article we do not know what happened.. I could layout 10 different ways it could have happened where the shooter would not be responsible.
    Ahem...
    RULE 1
    ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
    The only exception to this occurs when one has a weapon in his hands and he has personally unloaded it for checking. As soon as he puts it down, Rule 1 applies again.
    RULE 2
    NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY
    You may not wish to destroy it, but you must be clear in your mind that you are quite ready to if you let that muzzle cover the target. To allow a firearm to point at another human being is a deadly threat, and should always be treated as such.
    RULE 3
    KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER TIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
    This we call the Golden Rule because its violation is responsible for about 80 percent of the firearms disasters we read about.
    RULE 4
    BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET
    You never shoot at anything until you have positively identified it. You never fire at a shadow, or a sound, or a suspected presence. You shoot only when you know absolutely what you are shooting at and what is beyond it.
    Your scenarios would be irrelevant.
    Negligence is negligence, and he caused injury.
    The shooter is responsible for EVERY SINGLE PELLET FIRED, AND EVERYTHING THEY HIT.
    Period.
    Smitty901 likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links