Wildlife office shoots two bt accident - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wildlife office shoots two bt accident

This is a discussion on Wildlife office shoots two bt accident within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Kauboy if the victims decide to press charges, they are well within their rights to do so. sure, then we see if ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Wildlife office shoots two bt accident

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    if the victims decide to press charges, they are well within their rights to do so.
    sure, then we see if law enforcement/court wants to take up the case or if it ends up being a civil suit
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    so is your stance is that all cases of person being shot while hunting should be punished?

let me point out responsible and fault are not the same.

a person shots at deer. bullet passes trough the deer and hits a metal pipe used to hold bird houses, bullet ricochets and hits a person

a person shots an arrow that misses and hits a tree, flight path changes and it hits a person

both cases the person is responsible.. but they not at fault, not guilty!!!

you can totally keep rule 4 and yet still have an accident... Of course if you wanted to keep rule 4 perfectly you could never ever ever ever hunt in Maine or in thick wooded areas

My grandfather shot at a deer and ended up hitting a man in the ass... the man was not able to be seen (behind bushes and shrubs) and the deer was between them

in Maine, with the thick woods and often close up shots... it would be impossible to verify that there was nobody in a straight line behind your target animal

Of course in a perfect world on a gun range rule 4 is easy... but in real life hunting or even in police work.... the thing is to KNOW what is beyond ... SOMETIMES you just can not KNOW what is on the other side of the wall or what might be walking around the corner when you are shooting at a suspect.. nor can you KNOW what is 50 yards past the deer, turkey, grouse, moose behind high grass, shrubs, blue berry bushes....

so ya I agree you are responsible for every pellet... but are you guilty and should you be punished.....
    The law does not make exceptions for accidents. You caused the chain of events that lead to injury, whether accidental, coincidental, or otherwise. If the injured party wishes to press charges, the law itself will not protect you.
    Your only hope will be a jury.
    There is a reason the word "negligence" appears in law, but never "accident".

It is my stance that, if the injured party deems it so, the shooter should be charged. That is my only stance.
    Annie likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Super Moderator

I can't speak for how Wildlife Management Areas operate in Tennessee, but in Texas, they are open to the public during hunting season, and there is no checking or verification performed upon entering or leaving. Some areas require a special permit, others don't.
    It might be that way in Alabama. Never hunted on public property. Seems like asking for issues.
    Kauboy likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    you must have read a different story then i did.. I could not tell what happened at all... yet in your story the officeholder fired at people thinking they were turkeys.. I did not read that

I did gather that they must have been at a distance where they were not killed by the shot and 2 of them were hit..

could he have been shooting at a turkey and they were in a blind unseen?
    Too many guys see movement or just hear something and fire. They get excited and refuse wait for a safe shot In which they can clearly identify what they are shooting and that there is nothing down range that can be harmed. I have seen and heard of it Happening many times. I just can not give this guy a pass.
    Last edited by Camel923; 05-20-2020 at 04:51 PM.
    Annie likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Perch Pimps normally dont do dumb stuff like that. Musta been an affirmative action hire huh? Ype it would take a democrat to hunt spring turkey They are much easier to kill in the winter.
    Attachment 106347
    @bigwheel is that you with those turkeys?! Very nice.
    If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    It might be that way in Alabama. Never hunted on public property. Seems like asking for issues.
    Indeed it does. "But muh regulashuns!!!"

Do hunters on private land have to sign a waiver that absolves all liability if the potential injured person crossed the virtual boundary into another hunter's AO, and was shot? If not, they could still press charges, right? Or is that just the penalty for being dumb?
    Denton likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Do hunters on private land have to sign a waiver that absolves all liability if the potential injured person crossed the virtual boundary into another hunter's AO, and was shot? If not, they could still press charges, right? Or is that just the penalty for being dumb?
    I am not an attorney, do not play one on tv nor did I sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night. A good lawyer will destroy an informed consent or wavier. Also look at the law that a robber can sue a home owner if he breaks a leg going in or out of a window. Farmers and land owners take a chance allowing hunters Or anyone else on their land. This is why it may be the law but it doesn’t make it right. Public land, good luck suing the state. Multi tiered justice.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

In Wisconsin if I allow access to my land for recreational use ,that includes hunting I have no liability as long as I am not charging for it. Same applies for the snowmobile easement I allow. Wisconsin is also a state that assumes trespass. Meaning it does not need to be posted. If you don't belong there it is trespass.
    I can pick and choose what I allow and don't .
    Last edited by Smitty901; 05-20-2020 at 05:30 PM.
    Denton and Maine-Marine like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I'm amazed that there aren't more injuries due to hunting. One time I was deer hunting, sitting on a hillside and heard a swishing sound then a thump ,seemed like within 10 yrds. Never heard the shot. Like 22lr ammo, careful range 2.5 miles.

Of course this was shotgun range, but still. Reminds me of the 3rd world folks blasting their guns in the air, do they give a rats butt where that bullet comes down?
    Denton likes this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Around here turkey hunters are dressed up in suits that would make a sniper feel envy . Seriously the hard core here have weapons and gear that make a man invisible. I am not making excuses for the warden on something I have noticed. In this state game wardens have police power. Don't think that would make any difference.
    No madder how you look at it depending on the DA and how forgiving the two that were shot are he may get off easy or slapped down hard. The wrong DA and he is in deep dung.
    Absolutely correct about turkey hunters. Camo from head to toe, including face paint. Invisible to man or beast.
    Must sit absolutely still, any movement will tip off a turkey.

The wildlife officer most likely did not even know they were there.

In Florida, FWC Officers - (Florida Fish And Wildlife Conservation Commission), have the most police powers of any other officers in the state.
    They can, and will, enforce any Florida law, not just wildlife law. Any law.
    Their "jurisdiction" is the entire state, plus the off shore waters.
    In addition, they have been deputized by the federal government and can enforce laws on federal installations, such as Eglin or Patrick Air Force Bases, or any of the Army and Navy bases in the state as well as Federal Parks, or any federal property.
    They are the most highly trained officers in the state, and it is hard to get into the academy.
    In other words, they ain't no dumb ass redneck flunkies.
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 05-20-2020 at 08:44 PM.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links