What is a Karen (PSA)
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What is a Karen (PSA)

This is a discussion on What is a Karen (PSA) within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I work with a bunch of Karen's. I'm sure most of you have a few Karen's in your life. In case you're not in the ...

Like Tree40Likes
  • 8 Post By Sasquatch
  • 4 Post By Annie
  • 2 Post By Demitri.14
  • 3 Post By Chipper
  • 4 Post By Robie
  • 3 Post By AquaHull
  • 5 Post By Slippy
  • 3 Post By keith9365
  • 5 Post By Inor
  • 3 Post By AquaHull

Thread: What is a Karen (PSA)

Super Moderator

What is a Karen (PSA)

I work with a bunch of Karen's. I'm sure most of you have a few Karen's in your life.

In case you're not in the know I thought I'd share the public service announcement to inform and educate.

Definition:

Karen*is a slang term that is used to typify a person perceived to be entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is considered appropriate or necessary. One of the most common*Karen*stereotypes*is that of a white middle-aged woman, typically American, who displays aggressive behavior when she is obstructed from getting her way; such women are often depicted as demanding to "speak to the manager" and sometimes have a variation of the*bob cut.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_(slang)

Remember, dont be fooled, Karen's come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

If confronted by a Karen in the wild your best course of action is to slowly back away in a safe direction. Whatever you do NEVER try to approach or feed a Karen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I work with a bunch of Karen's. I'm sure most of you have a few Karen's in your life.

In case you're not in the know I thought I'd share the public service announcement to inform and educate.

Definition:

Karen*is a slang term that is used to typify a person perceived to be entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is considered appropriate or necessary. One of the most common*Karen*stereotypes*is that of a white middle-aged woman, typically American, who displays aggressive behavior when she is obstructed from getting her way; such women are often depicted as demanding to "speak to the manager" and sometimes have a variation of the*bob cut.

If confronted by a Karen in the wild your best course of action is to slowly back away in a safe direction. Whatever you do NEVER try to approach or feed a Karen.

Oh I never heard that. Pushy customer chicks? We used to get a lot of them at the cosmetics counters. They'd come in with lotion half empty and DEMAND that the bottle be taken back. They'd get especially mean during the gift with purchase time, because Karen had to wait for service. Karen always got her way. Pushy cosmeticians weren't Karens, they were called barracudas. They were the ones who hogged all the customers as opposed to taking turns.
    If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

Never heard that term - But that right there is funny !
    Slippy and Sasquatch like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

NEVER call a Karen a Karen to her face. Cause then you get something I can't post.
    Michael_Js, Slippy and Sasquatch like this.

What is a Karen (PSA)-main-qimg-cdca39eb3f778d4a6a38d2b1d8596519.jpg
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

Also a FCC compliant term for a female that just doesn't understand normal thinking
    Sasquatch, Slippy and Michael_Js like this.
    Bucket-Back since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post

Definition:

There are a couple of tried and true ways to deal with a "Karen"

First, and you have to make a judgement call on this one before you decide to use it... Remain Silent & Expressionless as you allow "A Karen" to rant. When she gets get about 90 seconds into her bitch session, slowly lower your gaze to chest level. Depending on the attractiveness quotient of this particular "Karen" either...

1.) Slowly start to grin then nod your head a couple of times or
    2.) Get a pained look on your face like your holding back a fart and shake your head from side to side slowly

Then ask her to please start over you were thinking about Pizza...

Or, let her rant on and on and summon your inner Ron Swanson and say, "I'm sorry but who are you"?

Name:  external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpeg
Views: 23
Size:  25.9 KB
    SGG, hawgrider, Sasquatch and 2 others like this.

Dropping your gaze to chest level is preferred. If you do you are telling Karen that she is really nothing more than a vaginal life support system, and her ranting means nothing to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    There are a couple of tried and true ways to deal with a "Karen"

First, and you have to make a judgement call on this one before you decide to use it... Remain Silent & Expressionless as you allow "A Karen" to rant. When she gets get about 90 seconds into her bitch session, slowly lower your gaze to chest level. Depending on the attractiveness quotient of this particular "Karen" either...

1.) Slowly start to grin then nod your head a couple of times or
    2.) Get a pained look on your face like your holding back a fart and shake your head from side to side slowly

Then ask her to please start over you were thinking about Pizza...

Or, let her rant on and on and summon your inner Ron Swanson and say, "I'm sorry but who are you"?

Name:  external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpeg
Views: 23
Size:  25.9 KB
    hawgrider, AquaHull and Michael_Js like this.
    "In alcohol's defense, I've done some pretty dumb shit while completely sober too"!

I had never heard the term before but I love it!

Using the name Karen as a pejorative... Brilliant! Doubly so since my liberal snowflake sister-in-law is named Karen! That's right, my sister-in-law was named after a pejorative!!! BWHAHAHAHA!!!!

I am so happy we have a few of you right thinking Californians around to keep us on the bleeding edge of coolness! Thanks for that!
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Been using "Karen" for a few months in my posts elsewhere.
    Sasquatch, Slippy and Inor like this.
    Bucket-Back since 2004

Sponsored Links