My Distaste for Johnny Law Grows - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Distaste for Johnny Law Grows

This is a discussion on My Distaste for Johnny Law Grows within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by SOCOM42 If I remember correctly, somewhere, the law was changed to be able to enforce the border up to 200 miles inland ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: My Distaste for Johnny Law Grows

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    If I remember correctly, somewhere,

the law was changed to be able to enforce the border up to 200 miles inland from any shore or international border.

Also under this redefined law was the integration of the military into it with the advent of military's US 200 mile Littoral Zone.

This I think was done within the Patriot Act.

There were many roadblocks set up on US highways within the 200 mile zone, at night,

Close to the mile limit of 200 by DHS and CBP/ICE inspecting every car that came through the block for Illegal Aliens,

asking everyone for ID, not just the drivers.

There were 10 -20 agents on the scenes, most armed with M4's, these incursions lasted about a year.

Plenty of constitutional violations went on in the process, a lot of complaints were filed.

In many cases the civilians were not told who was stopping them and asking for ID's,

they were told to shut up or get locked up incommunicado if they did not comply.

This came in under the Bush 43 years.

Over 90% of the US population falls within that zone.
    That is where the distinction without a difference comes in with regards to parties in power. Government "of" the people, "by" the people, "for" the people is completely foreign to them and many of the people themselves...and instead becomes a thing unto itself...the governing vice the governed.... a body that provides for some by taking from others....

most every war criminal will and can say..."I was just doing what I was told to do."....unfortunately, rarely does the teller of the "doing" have to answer for the deed.... but that in and of itself should be a lesson learned by the doers.
    Denton, Michael_Js and keith9365 like this.

Ha ha… we are a forum of scofflaws!!! All I am going to say is I have learned not to believe everything I read on the internet, about cops, both bad and good. For some reason, this subject tends to incite exaggeration on both sides. Most of my interactions with law enforcement officers have been good, especially as an adult. There have been a few that were frustrated bullies, and dealing with those always rankles. I have been given breaks I probably didn't deserve and I have been given rough times I didn't deserve. Most of us that have lived a significant number of years on this planet probably has a similar history. I have discovered, to my great surprise...., that cops are human beings too. Some are good human beings and some are shit human beings. I agree with those that say if you are accosted just keep your mouth shut, be polite, and if possible record the interaction. You are probably not going to win any roadside arguments. If you are maltreated, as the OP's wife appears to have been, then pursue correction with any and all available avenues.

Hello everyone, glad in a way to hear that their self righteous ways are not limited to my area. As it stands three of the nine are currently suspended without pay, two are suspended with pay and the damages to her vehicle will be paid for.

My company received a formal letter informing us that the local police department no longer wishes to use our supervision support. Since I'm one of three and the company's primary blaster my company returned a letter saying that we no longer wished to conduct any further actions with them.

Pulled a few strings and the department as a whole is being investigated by the ATF.

Saw the shift commander who is personally being investigated by the FBI at the moment, he informed me I was opening up a big can of worms and I wouldn't like what was inside. I told him they were more than welcome to come out and discover for themselves what they were facing.

Until next time everyone
    A man never truly knows how good he is with a gun until that gun is his last resort to live.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

When I hired on at my Department there were 105 applicants for 7 positions. The physical agility course weeded out several, the psychological took a few out and the written exam (N.Y. Transit authority test eliminated many). I got my letter that said "Congratulations! You scored a 77.5% on your written test and are advancing to the next phase of the selection process." I thought 77.5% was a crap score. 3rd highest as it turns out. After a civil service board oral exam and an interview with the Chief and City manager I was hired 3rd out of 7.

That was something I was very proud of. It was a big deal. It lead to a 27 year career of serving the public trust. A career I'm proud of.

We were young, mostly military veterans or fresh out of a 4 year college. Now????? They are hiring anyone with a pulse. They are just hiring warm bodies, that's it. Millenial, entitled, scared to death P#*&6%4s! No one wants to be a cop now, NO ONE. So they take anyone they can get.
    Last edited by csi-tech; 05-22-2020 at 03:50 PM.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    ......... "Congratulations! You scored a 77.5% on your written test and are advancing to the next phase of the selection process." I thought 77.5% was a crap score. 3rd highest as it turns out........
    Some tests are designed to make you fail. This sounds like one of them.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    Hidden Content . Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Any Border Patrol Checkpoint that is NOT at the Border is a damn violation of 4th Amendment Rights Big Time!

Don't play their game 90 miles from the Border...Stop your vehicle, do not roll down your window, do not answer questions, initially let them know that you've committed no crime and that you are traveling freely as is your right...then invoke the 5th Amendment and shut up. Film it on your camera if you can for your protection.

"There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post

RPD

The video is a different subject. It is for a traffic violation, not an inland border patrol inquiry.

Traffic Violation Stop by State or Local Police/Sheriff; Get Reason for Stop, (they'll usually inform of you of that) then Hand over Driver License, Registration, Insurance. Smile, Shut up and take your ticket and leave.

Border Patrol Stop to Inquire about Citizenship; Invoke the 5th, Shut Up and they will let you go.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
    Hello everyone, glad in a way to hear that their self righteous ways are not limited to my area. As it stands three of the nine are currently suspended without pay, two are suspended with pay and the damages to her vehicle will be paid for.

My company received a formal letter informing us that the local police department no longer wishes to use our supervision support. Since I'm one of three and the company's primary blaster my company returned a letter saying that we no longer wished to conduct any further actions with them.

Pulled a few strings and the department as a whole is being investigated by the ATF.

Saw the shift commander who is personally being investigated by the FBI at the moment, he informed me I was opening up a big can of worms and I wouldn't like what was inside. I told him they were more than welcome to come out and discover for themselves what they were facing.

Until next time everyone
    I like a man that will stand his ground ... and that can back it up.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

The Good Cop

Border Patrol Stop to Inquire about Citizenship; Invoke the 5th, Shut Up and they will let you go.
    This being Florida, there are BP vehicles around almost constantly. In fact, they have an office in our county, over in the port on the Atlantic.
    I have never seen one stop anyone.

Now, the states that border Mexico are no doubt different. The so called "driver's license checkpoints" have been ruled completely legal by the court system.
    The Georgia cops do this about once a month on highway US1, and get a lot of DUI and drug users.
    Involved are the local cops and the Georgia State Patrol, I'll pay attention next time for Border Patrol. They could easily be there looking for illegals at the same time.

Someone in this thread (can't recall who) mentioned the cops questioning where you're going, etc. They don't care about that, they just want you to speak so they can smell your breath for alcohol.

Remember - driving on a public road is not a right, it is a privilege. If the cops want to see your license, registration, insurance they have every right to do so.
    Michael_Js, Slippy and SOCOM42 like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

The Good Cop

RPD

The video is a different subject. It is for a traffic violation, not an inland border patrol inquiry.

Traffic Violation Stop by State or Local Police/Sheriff; Get Reason for Stop, (they'll usually inform of you of that) then Hand over Driver License, Registration, Insurance. Smile, Shut up and take your ticket and leave.

Awww, ya gotta admit that is a cool video.
    It is from the "sovereign citizen" compilation.
    Check them out.
    Slippy and stevekozak like this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links