Working From Home
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Working From Home

This is a discussion on Working From Home within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Well, I am now working from home and have been all week per my employer. here is the back story: My wife was thought to ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: Working From Home

Working From Home

Well, I am now working from home and have been all week per my employer. here is the back story:

My wife was thought to have a simple sinus infection, as she is prone to do this time of year, and prescribed antibiotics. OK for about a week or so, the usual, but started to digressed substantially since last Sunday. Shortness of breath, coughing, aching all over, but no high temperature. On Monday her doctor suggested she up the antibiotics to be safe and since she has been dealing with breast cancer treatments recently with a diminished immune system, she should be tested for the China bug. That was Monday, tested her Tuesday, and as of today, still waiting on the results.

In the mean time she has not gotten better. She is weak, short of breath, and has a cough, but still no fever. In 25 years I have never seen her this sick Her temp is normal and her oxygen blood ratio is above 96 so we are thinking it's just a real bad case of the flu. This morning she is no worse but no better either. Irregardless, if she ain't better soon she is going to the emergency room, although she is fighting me tooth and nail on that.

I am hoping to get the test results today and I am betting she is negative but who knows. I gave up medical school to be a salesman.

Working from home is easy for me since I can't see anyone and I get that it's proper till we get the results. It also allows me to take care of my wife because she is struggling to move around on her own. I would be home with either way even without the test but getting paid makes it easier. Kudos to my owner.

A couple of prepper notes:

1) Two story houses are problematic when dealing with someone who is sick or has limited mobility. ( I knew this )

2) I had all the medical supplies needed, Thermometers, Pulse oximeters, antibiotics, over the counter meds, etc. so that was a relief.

3) I am less then enthusiastic about her Doctor. Going to change that.

4) This just reinforced what I already knew, when SHTF, you truly are on your own.

5) I married a tough old broad.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 05-08-2020 at 09:24 AM.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Oh crap that's a lot to deal with Prayers sent.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Praying for Mrs Prepared One!

C'mon Girl time to get medieval on this crud and chase it away!...The sickness crud not the old crud you married!

Your friend,

Slippy!

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Well, I am now working from home and have been all week per my employer. here is the back story:

My wife was thought to have a simple sinus infection, as she is prone to do this time of year, and prescribed antibiotics. Ok for about a week or so, the usual, but started to digressed substantially since since last Sunday. Shortness of breath, coughing, aching all over, but no high temperature. On Monday her doctor suggested she up the antibiotics to be safe and since she has been dealing with breast cancer treatments recently with a diminished immune system, she should be tested for the China bug. That was Monday, tested her Tuesday, and as of today, still waiting on the results.

In the mean time she has not gotten better. She is weak, short of breath, and has a cough, but still no fever. In 25 years I have never seen her this sick Her temp is normal and her oxygen blood ratio is above 96 so we are thinking it's just a real bad case of the flu. This morning she is no worse but no better either. Irregardless, if she ain't better soon she is going to the emergency room, although she is fighting me tooth and nail on that.

I am hoping to get the test results today and I am betting she is negative but who knows. I gave up medical school to be a salesman.

Working from home is easy for me since I can't see anyone and I get that it's proper till we get the results. It also allows me to take care of my wife because she is struggling to move around on her own. I would be home with either way even without the test but getting paid makes it easier. Kudos to my owner.

A couple of prepper notes:

1) Two story houses are problematic when dealing with someone who is sick or has limited mobility. ( I knew this )

2) I had all the medical supplies needed, Thermometers, Pulse oximeters, antibiotics, over the counter meds, etc. so that was a relief.

3) I am less then enthusiastic about her Doctor. Going to change that.

4) This just reinforced what I already knew, when SHTF, you truly are on your own.

5) I married a tough old broad.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Praying for Mrs Prepared One!

C'mon Girl time to get medieval on this crud and chase it away!...The sickness crud not the old crud you married!

Your friend,

Slippy!
    She's a fighter for sure.

Thanks my friend.
    Slippy and bigwheel like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Our prayers for your house hold.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Super Moderator

Hang in there, lady!

What am I saying? She survives Prepared One; a virus ain't nothing compared to that.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Prayers for sure. Keep us posted!
    If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Hang in there, lady!

What am I saying? She survives Prepared One; a virus ain't nothing compared to that.
    That's what she said! She told me yesterday I survived you I will survive this.
    Denton, Inor, inceptor and 4 others like this.

Prayers upward bound my friend.

I'm sure she will be back kicking your ass within a few days.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

God bless you both. May her recovery be speedy.
    Last edited by Camel923; 05-08-2020 at 04:00 PM.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links