Working From Home - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Working From Home

This is a discussion on Working From Home within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I hope she gets better quickly, Prayers sent...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: Working From Home

I hope she gets better quickly, Prayers sent
    Prepared One likes this.
    Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best
    Worry about the things you can control, Plan for the things you can't

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Well, after pouring a bunch of NyQuil down Missy Ann's throat last night she got some sleep, not a lot but a few hours straight through. Her cough has subsided a lot but she is still having trouble catching her breath and is very weak. No word on her test yet but I think I am going to make calls this morning. With no Temperature and good blood oxygen content we're both confident it's not the China bug, just a nasty flu. It will be one week tomorrow with this crud, if I don't see some improvement, or it gets worse, by tomorrow, I am dragging Missy's happy ass to the emergency room, kicking and screaming if need be.

Meanwhile, I stand watch.
    Thinking of you both. Hope all is well.
    Prepared One likes this.
    If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Thinking of you both. Hope all is well.
    Thanks Annie.

Well, I had to pull the trigger early this morning and take her to the emergency room. She was getting worse and I decided I was fighting a loosing battle. She fought me tooth and nail but it had to be done. I was right too. She has more issues then the flu. Her liver is not functioning correctly and her kidneys are shutting down. Add a touch of pneumonia and she is a sick girl. Doc says it's probably from all the meds and treatments from breast cancer. My question is why the hell didn't her regular doctors catch this? They wouldn't let me go up to her room and I can't see her. That's really pissing me off. I couldn't get past the check in which was located just outside the main trauma check in and waiting area. Not a soul in the place.

Interesting, no cars in the lots or parking garages. I have been in some emergency rooms in my day, both as the takee and as the taken, and this was strange. They are usually controlled chaos with people going every different direction but his was very methodical very quite. Although, this wasn't Ben Taub Trauma center. They check you in one at a time and then you are gone. Strange.

For now, I sit and wait. That is till tomorrow morning, I invade the hospital tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 05-11-2020 at 06:03 AM.
    Michael_Js, Inor, SOCOM42 and 3 others like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Thanks Annie.

Well, I had pull the trigger this early this morning and take her to the emergency room. She was getting worse and I decided I was fighting a loosing battle. She fought me tooth and nail but it had to be done. I was right too. She has more issues then the flu. Her liver is not functioning correctly and her kidneys are shutting down. Add a touch of pneumonia and she is a sick girl. Doc says it's probably from all the meds and treatments from breast cancer. My question is why the hell didn't her regular doctors catch this? They wouldn't let me go up to her room and I can't see her. That's really pissing me off. I couldn't get past the check in which was located just outside the main trauma check in and waiting area. Not a soul in the place.

Interesting, no cars in the lots or parking garages. I have been in some emergency rooms in my day, both as the takee and as the taken, and this was strange. They are usually controlled chaos with people going every different direction but his was very methodical very quite. Although, this wasn't Ben Taub Trauma center. They check you in one at a time and then you are gone. Strange.

For now, I sit and wait. That is till tomorrow morning, I invade the hospital tomorrow morning.
    Keep us informed of what is happening. You are both in our prayers.
    SOCOM42, Prepared One and bigwheel like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    I fixed your typo above .... I popped in your church early this morning and found the doors open and the experience quite refreshing. Thanks for the invite!
    Mighty glad you showed up. Come give us a sermontette any time..or just say say. We are ultra non denominational. Just appointed a Methodist Preacher as an Elder to keep me straight. He says I sound angry and should quit bad mouthing other denominations and cults. I'm trying lol. Its hard to do. Trying to decide to put up with the IRS bs or tell them to shove it like the Fundy Baptists. They say the guvment has zero business with its nose in Chruch and I lean that wasy myself. Any opinions? lol.

Well, after pouring a bunch of NyQuil down Missy Ann's throat last night she got some sleep, not a lot but a few hours straight through. Her cough has subsided a lot but she is still having trouble catching her breath and is very weak. No word on her test yet but I think I am going to make calls this morning. With no Temperature and good blood oxygen content we're both confident it's not the China bug, just a nasty flu. It will be one week tomorrow with this crud, if I don't see some improvement, or it gets worse, by tomorrow, I am dragging Missy's happy ass to the emergency room, kicking and screaming if need be.

Meanwhile, I stand watch.
    Prayers up. Watch that Nyquil. Full of acetemenaphene Tylenol. Too much can zonk a liver. At bedtime rub soles of feet with Vicks and wear socks. Really opens up a stuffy head. Sippng red wine or grape juice is a good anti viral strategy. Whiskey honey and lemon for cough and good sleep. Keep us posted.
    Prepared One and Slippy like this.

Thanks Annie.

Well, I had pull the trigger this early this morning and take her to the emergency room. She was getting worse and I decided I was fighting a loosing battle. She fought me tooth and nail but it had to be done. I was right too. She has more issues then the flu. Her liver is not functioning correctly and her kidneys are shutting down. Add a touch of pneumonia and she is a sick girl. Doc says it's probably from all the meds and treatments from breast cancer. My question is why the hell didn't her regular doctors catch this? They wouldn't let me go up to her room and I can't see her. That's really pissing me off. I couldn't get past the check in which was located just outside the main trauma check in and waiting area. Not a soul in the place.

Good luck my friend, and know I am with you in prayers and thoughts.
    Prepared One and bigwheel like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Just a quick update. I finally got hold of the nurse in her ICU and she had another bad night. But they are going to do a procedure to relieve the stress in her abdomen this afternoon. That should relieve the pain and then they can look closer at her liver issue. They think it's Cirrhosis brought on by her cancer meds. She is not a drinker so I guess that makes sense. I am frustrated beyond belief that she is in the hospital, alone and afraid, and I can't be there. They still wont allow me in.

The nurse also did say that although she tested negative for the China bug the tests have proven to be unreliable and that they will keep testing. She then suggested that until they are sure, I stay home. BULL SHIT!
    Last edited by Prepared One; 05-11-2020 at 02:52 PM.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Just a quick update. I finally got hold of the nurse in her ICU and she had another bad night. But they are going to do a procedure to relieve the stress in her abdomen this afternoon. That should relieve the pain and then they can look closer at her liver issue. They think it's Cirrhosis brought on by her cancer meds. She is not a drinker so I guess that makes sense. I am frustrated beyond belief that she is in the hospital, alone and afraid, and I can't be there. They still wont allow me in.

The nurse also did say that although she tested negative the tests have proven to be unreliable and that they will keep testing. She then suggested that until they are sure, I stay home. BULL SHIT!
    That ain't right to not let you be with her.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    That ain't right to not let you be with her.
    Yeah Hawg, it's majorly pissing me off.
    hawgrider likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links