Church Board Meeting - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Church Board Meeting

This is a discussion on Church Board Meeting within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Perhaps you should show your church just what's happening out there. Food bank lines are stretching miles long in many places. Millions of people across ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Church Board Meeting

Perhaps you should show your church just what's happening out there.
    Food bank lines are stretching miles long in many places.

Millions of people across the country are risking their health to wait in tense, sometimes desperate, new lines for basic needs as the economic toll of the virus grips the country.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/it...12vB3J#image=1

Part of the problem I imagine is state's unemployment systems are maxed out, systems overloaded, and not enough people to process the claims.
    At least that's the situation in Nevada, so I imagine it's similar in other states.
    According to The Motley Fool 69% of Americans have less than $1,000 in savings, and 45% report $0 dollars in savings.
    So there lies the problem, an overtaxed unemployment system and almost half of Americans with no money in the bank before they lost their job.
    How much longer will people put up with this situation is anyone's guess. But to quote Alfred Henry Lewis: “There are only nine meals between mankind and anarchy.”

If you haven't cleaned and loaded your guns yet, this might be a good time.
    NewRiverGeorge and inceptor like this.
    Semper ubi sub ubi

We also offered to start a food bank/community garden for our church. So far, crickets. It's disappointing for sure. But I just emailed them again, maybe they just missed the first email...

She just got back to me! Woohoo!! Lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

That's a very sad statement for your church Amelia, next to saving souls, they should be all about serving/saving the community.
    inceptor likes this.
    Semper ubi sub ubi

What a truly excellent thought. Church owning land and then having the church members donate time, equipment hours, etc. to produce eggs, grain, fruits, vegetables, and other essentials year round that can provide, in the good years, to the hungry, and provide for the church in any times of hardship.

storing up supplies.....I remember a story about someone who recommended something like that.....can't remember his name.....but I think he wore a technicolored dream-coat.....
    Maine-Marine and Slippy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    What a truly excellent thought. Church owning land and then having the church members donate time, equipment hours, etc. to produce eggs, grain, fruits, vegetables, and other essentials year round that can provide, in the good years, to the hungry, and provide for the church in any times of hardship.

storing up supplies...
    The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints does this, however members volunteer their time, it's not compulsory.
    They also provide for non members, and are usually the first ones to show up at disaster areas with supplies for the community.
    inceptor likes this.
    Semper ubi sub ubi

Quote Originally Posted by NKAWTG View Post
    The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints does this, however members volunteer their time, it's not compulsory.
    They also provide for non members, and are usually the first ones to show up at disaster areas with supplies for the community.
    Yea, but they believe in magic rocks too, so what do they know....JK.

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    Yea, but they believe in magic rocks too, so what do they know....JK.
    Say, you're pretty good at turning a positive into a negative aren't you.
    You must be a liberal progressive.
    Semper ubi sub ubi

Say, you're pretty good at turning a positive into a negative aren't you.
    You must be a liberal progressive.
    Well...is there something wrong with being progressive? I mean just because a person believes in being prepared doesn't mean he's got to be a Trump fan.....this is all his fault you know?

That's a very sad statement for your church Amelia, next to saving souls, they should be all about serving/saving the community.
    She did get back to me, and it was a positive email, so we are on track!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links