F-Bombs. EVERYONE read this. - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

F-Bombs. EVERYONE read this.

This is a discussion on F-Bombs. EVERYONE read this. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Slippy It is odd how curse words have morphed over my lifetime. In the late 50's early 60's my parents would never ...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: F-Bombs. EVERYONE read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    It is odd how curse words have morphed over my lifetime.

In the late 50's early 60's my parents would never say such words in front of us kids.

My dad, a former greaser and soldier from the early 1950's easily felt comfortable cussing with the best of them, this he told me.

But I can honestly say I rarely if ever heard him utter such words as I grew up. Mom! NEVER!

Mrs S, prior to our marriage and multi year courtship, never said a bad word as far as I know.... until we were married for a number of years and had our first child. Our oldest son, when he was a couple of years old, could not pronounce his F's and his D's; he mixed them up.

I know this because one day I returned from a business trip and he told off on his mom, my angelic wife. My innocent 2 year old told me...Mama said DUCK! DUCK DUCK DUCK Mama was MAD!

Sometime in the early 1990's, in the lumber business, I began to curse regularly. It was our way of talking especially those of us in Sales and Purchasing. Why? Hell, I have no idea but it escalated since then.

One day, I woke up and little teen age girls were using the F-Word and talking with such vile foul language, that it astounded most of us. But we allowed it to continue and grow.

I guess its pretty sad.

I wish I would have been born in the the late 1860's and been a cowboy taming the west...
    Contrast this to Ma Ingalls. In "The Long Winter," Laura recounts a story where Pa is talking about one of the horses thrashing around when he broke through the snow while they were hauling hay over the slough. At the end of the story, he proclaims, "Stupid horse!" Ma's shocked response was, "Charles, don't swear!"

Where I live (Quebec) they don't consider the Fbomb a swear as it is not religious :D Took me awhile to get used to listening to the radio and have the guys dropping fbombs casual like.
    Denton and MountainGirl like this.

You gotta love the word F--k. It's a term that generally means making love. A wonderful and beautiful interaction between a man and a woman. it's an act of love and devotion between two souls, and yet, it's the word you save till the end of the argument. Ahhhh F--k You and the damn horse you rode in on!!
    SGG likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

SGG

Im so freaking guilty. dang man.
    Denton and Renec like this.

Im so freaking guilty. dang man. but i do have a solid alibi
    stevekozak likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by shotlady View Post
    Im so freaking guilty. dang man. but i do have a solid alibi
    You have a solid alibi? You weren't there when you did it?!?
    SGG, inceptor and shotlady like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    You have a solid alibi? You weren't there when you did it?!?
    That is correct, I stand by my alibi. it's solid. so long as i dont waver. I have a few bags of ammo for you, any caliber, to look the other way and consider my alibi confirmed. hahahaha
    inceptor, Denton and stevekozak like this.

That is correct, I stand by my alibi. it's solid. so long as i dont waver. I have a few bags of ammo for you, any caliber, to look the other way and consider my alibi confirmed. hahahaha
    She definitely is a sweet talker

Super Moderator

Mum’s the word!
    inceptor likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links