Suggestions needed -where to get bulk rice, wheat, etc
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Suggestions needed -where to get bulk rice, wheat, etc within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I think the church is going to pony up and purchase some bulk items to help out the local commodity now.. where to get them ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Suggestions needed -where to get bulk rice, wheat, etc

I think the church is going to pony up and purchase some bulk items to help out the local commodity

now.. where to get them

most places have a 50lb limit or 1 bag limit

looking for rice, flour, oatmeal, etc
    inceptor likes this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    I think the church is going to pony up and purchase some bulk items to help out the local commodity

now.. where to get them

Good luck. The church may have waited too late.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    Good luck. The church may have waited too late.
    So you have no recommendations
    Be a Berean

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

There's an asian market near us that have pallets of rice sitting on the floor anyways, don't know what kind of rice it is or if they have a limit. 50lb. bags I think. Folks over look the asian stores, they eat a lot of rice.
    Annie likes this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

So you have no recommendations
    I take it back. Try the Webstaurant Store.
    Denton likes this.

All the 25 and 50 pound bags of rice at the Asian market I go to is gone and everywhere else for that matter.

Theirs was always 5-8 dollars a bag more expensive than the wholesale club I belong to.

From January to 3 weeks ago I picked up 100 extra pounds of it.
    MountainGirl likes this.

now.. where to get them

I was at Sam's today and they had rice back in stock as well as beans. They do have a 1 item limit so several people can go in a purchase 1 each and you'll start building up your stock.

Flour is gone and the guy working said he hadn't seen a delivery of yeast in a long time. Time to see how long my yeast will hold up. Out of 3 stores only 1 had fresh flour and fortunately it was bread flour. One item on my bucket list is to bake my own bread.

I also went to Tom Thumb and Kroger. The shelves are starting to get filled again, they must have just had a bread delivery because those shelves were nearly full. Still, there are many gaps there in many other areas. We are good on most things but fresh fruit, veggies and ice cream. Fortunately the Blue Bell guy is doing his job and the freezer was full.

Haven't been to the asian market near me since this mess started, they may be out too.
    Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 03-31-2020 at 03:54 PM.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    I was at Sam's today and they had rice back in stock as well as beans. They do have a 1 item limit so several people can go in a purchase 1 each and you'll start building up your stock.

Flour is gone and the guy working said he hadn't seen a delivery of yeast in a long time. Time to see how long my yeast will hold up. Out of 3 stores only 1 had fresh flour and fortunately it was bread flour. One item on my bucket list is to bake my own bread.

I also went to Tom Thumb and Kroger. The shelves are starting to get filled again, they must have just had a bread delivery because those shelves were nearly full. Still, there are many gaps there in many other areas. We are good on most things but fresh fruit, veggies and ice cream. Fortunately the Blue Bell guy is doing his job and the freezer was full.
    I use ap flour in place of bread flour--for making bread. It works absolutely fine. Follow this dear lady's advice and it'll turn out delicious and fluffy. I'm not sure what type of flour she uses and in a pinch you can leave out the oil, too. No kidding.

A 50 lb bag of flour at Costco used to go for $14.00. Check my post #20. Do you know what it's going for on Amazon now? Cheapest on Amazon is south of $95.00 And you know what? It may be worth it to pay that as opposed to having to buy it already made. Who knows what's going on with flour shipments et al? I truly don't.
    MountainGirl and inceptor like this.
    If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

I don't know where you are in PA, but we bought ours at small valley mill last year. It might see if there are any grain mills near you and give them a call.
    Maine-Marine likes this.
    Working on my manifesto.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links