Armed vigilantes in Maine 'help' out-of-state neighbor 'self-quarantine'
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Armed vigilantes in Maine 'help' out-of-state neighbor 'self-quarantine' within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; A group of armed vigilantes cut down a tree and dragged it across a man’s driveway in Maine to force him to quarantine in his ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Armed vigilantes in Maine 'help' out-of-state neighbor 'self-quarantine'

A group of armed vigilantes cut down a tree and dragged it across a man’s driveway in Maine to force him to quarantine in his home amid fears he could be infected with the coronavirus, officials said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/maine-cor...bor-quarantine
    Vanished, into the mist.

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    A slippery slope, if it’s true that he is in fact infected , there are some still in denial, we have one in our family, not infected yet that we know of, but refuses to acknowledge there is a pandemic going on, goes about his normal routine with no regard for others safety, he thinks we are all idiots.....I explained that with what we are doing is ok for now, better to comply and be wrong than not comply and be wrong.....we will all know in time if in fact it’s a conspiracy and we will all act accordingly.......

I get their concern. But drag a tree into my driveway. I will drop one on you. You can stand in the street you can carry signs you and do a lot. Step on any peace of land I own and it is on.
    SGG, MountainGirl, Denton and 8 others like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Hear northern WI is having a problem with IL people invading the area. Moving up and cleaning out the stores, driving around looking for open restaurants. Totally ignoring any social distancing practices. People are getting worked up and wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing.
    City folks just don't understand that the rural people that actually live in the back woods. Can easily spot and pick out the strangers that don't belong. Stay home, like we are doing. Stop spreading the virus.

The Good Cop

All my ancestors were from Maine, all the way back to before the Revolution.
    Although I’m a Southerner, the blood in my veins, and my DNA, is 100% Maine.
    We are a different breed. Redneck Mainuhs anyway.

I can completely understand dropping a tree across his drive so he couldn’t get out.
    The resident in question had just come from somewhere else 30 days ago to the little island.
    An “outsider” would probably bring out these feelings in the rural South too.
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 03-29-2020 at 09:51 AM.
    MountainGirl, rstanek and Hemi45 like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

Let's say there was a medical emergency and the neighbor couldn't get out. The "vigilantes" would be responsible.
    Michael_Js and RubberDuck like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Whoa Hold On a Minute People!

I've owned property in multiple states and currently in multiple counties and what these "armed vigilantes" did is nothing short of Criminal Trespass, Vandalism and Felony Property Damage.

I'll have to look up Constitution case law, but last I know, Every Citizen of these United States has the absolute right to freely travel to any of the 50 states.

Coincidentally, Mrs S and I had this conversation last night. I need to go to our other property and what if I'm stopped on a road block (like supposedly they are doing in Florida)? My state issued license says one address and it coincides with my vehicle registration and I am denied access to the property that I own?

This is insanity!

(On a humorous side note, this am I had a dead pine tree down across my road. I cleared it with a snatch rope and my Jeep and just came back from pushing it into the woods with my tractor...now I wonder if any of my "neighbors" are sending me a message? )

Half mile west of where Jesus left His sandals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    (On a humorous side note, this am I had a dead pine tree down across my road. I cleared it with a snatch rope and my Jeep and just came back from pushing it into the woods with my tractor...now I wonder if any of my "neighbors" are sending me a message? )
    You may need the wood for making low-grade Slippy Pikes for low-grade people.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man 1066 View Post
    You may need the wood for making low-grade Slippy Pikes for low-grade people.
    Excellent Point T-Man! Up until now I have relied on the "Bottom of My Hand to the Bridge of Their Nose" strategy regarding low grade peeps, when all along there was a new market niche right there in front of me!

(I knew I should have hired you for Director Of New Product Development when I had the chance! )
    T-Man 1066 likes this.

Seriously, back on topic...

Privileges and Immunities Clause Of The Constitution of The United States

The Privileges and Immunities Clause of Article IV, Section 2 of the Constitution states that "the citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states." This clause protects fundamental rights of individual citizens and restrains state efforts to discriminate against out-of-state citizens. However, the Privileges and Immunities Clause extends not to all commercial activity, but only to fundamental rights.
    Prepared One, Comms and stevekozak like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links